MC010 Notice: eBay Account Limited - Verify Identity - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-18-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Ebay phone support experience

Hey Guys

Thanks to everyone on this thread i was able to verify my account. I just wanted to add something so if anyone comes across this situation they would know what to do. I registered my ebay under an address but i was not sure of the nearby landmarks/counties but reading the previous comments i thought i would just answer none of the above.

So when i called up ebay the first question had that none of the above option but the next one did not, they asked me which of these places is near to the address you listed on ebay, and i wasnt sure so i answered none of the above anyways, the ebay representative told me that that was not an option so i quickly made up something about enrolling in a near by university and that they found an apartment for me and that is why i do not know the area well, and so he asked me another question with the none of the above answer and well i got my account.

Just try not to panic if you get into the same situation, since they know very little of your previous personal history you can make up something if you are quick about it.

I hope this helps!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to max67325 For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (08-21-2010), kris (09-03-2010), tosh2004 (08-21-2010)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-03-2010

I would really appreciate if anyone could leave more sample questions you have been asked when completing phone verification with ebay. As my stealth account uses a ficticious name, I dont see them finding much info in this 'national database'.
Old 09-03-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
I would really appreciate if anyone could leave more sample questions you have been asked when completing phone verification with ebay. As my stealth account uses a ficticious name, I dont see them finding much info in this 'national database'.
I tried to start a Paypal Sticky a few months back, but I guess they didn't feel it was necessary.

Anyway, first you need to call from the phone number registered on the account. Then the computer will verify the number and pass you to T&S monkey.
Then the first questions are name. address. and age.

Then is is usually 2 multiple choice questions like.

Area code/ Zip code/address of previous addresses
number of bedrooms/bath/pool /fireplace of current home
surrounding streets/landmarks/parks/
cant remember the rest but others here can add to the list

Do a google search and get as much info you can about the register name and address you used.

Try to answer none of the above even if it is not an option. Some let you pass others press you for an answer. Then you take an educated guess and have 20-25% chance.

After that they will tell you to hold on and if you didn't get any correct they will tell you to fax in additional info.
The Following User Says Thank You to toptopseller For This Useful Post:
kris (09-04-2010)
Old 10-19-2010

Longevity: 82%
Smile MC010 Notice: eBay Account Limited - Verify Identity 48 hours to respond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
I sent you a pm. They pull the questions from a nationwide database, then you just have to answer them. Its multiple choice, they ask you a question, then give you 5 choices, and you have to answer it correctly. The questions that I was asked were what street have I lived on, and what year did I graduate from high school. Once I answered those questions, the rep said there was no need to ask the other 3 questions, and went ahead and restored my account. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Good Luck!
Hi enigma,
I got the same problem. Could you tell me what the nationwide database is? Thank you very much. Vic said there is a way that we can uninstall the adobe flash to avoid the flash cookies. I want to try his way, after I bought computer. Thx.
Old 10-20-2010

Longevity: 82%
Default Having Troubles with "Contact US" PIN

I'm using Vumber. It has worked fine for months for me. But right now I have a couple of new accounts and I have to call in to ebay to verify myself as a new seller and in the PIN they want. On both of my accounts as I type in the numbers the ebay prompt comes up and says that they cannot verify my account. I have tried several PINs and none have worked. They ask me to keep trying PINs when I went to chat with eBay. They instruct me to go to ebay.com/contactus page. I know if it takes longer than 48 hours to contact them, they will me to send in ID verification. What can I do? Should I chat with customer service. I have stealth info on both accounts. I tried to chat with someone and they finely told me after an hour to go to contact us page and type in "Selling Limit" in which that is not the the problem but I will get the "Trust and Safety" department. So far I haven't chat with the "Trust and Safety" department. Not sure if I should. In the past I would just but the PIN in and say nothing of the above to everything and call within 48 hours and have no problem. One account I have 24 hours left to get a hold of them and the other it's been a week.
Old 12-26-2010

Longevity: 80%

some questions i received on stealth accounts with mc010 was:

*area code (previous and present)
*counties lived in
*companies worked for
*streets lived on in past

some i made up and answered any one, some i said none of the above. Only had 2 require further documents to be submitted. All the rest passed .
Old 12-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu pin View Post
Hi enigma,
I got the same problem. Could you tell me what the nationwide database is? Thank you very much. Vic said there is a way that we can uninstall the adobe flash to avoid the flash cookies. I want to try his way, after I bought computer. Thx.
You're in China. The nationwide database thing is only for US accounts. If you're using a US account from China, you're just asking for trouble.
Old 07-10-2011

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
You're in China. The nationwide database thing is only for US accounts. If you're using a US account from China, you're just asking for trouble.
hi, how about buy VPN, and use the US IP address to log in ebay account.