Buyer fraud - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-02-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Buyer fraud

So I have a buyer from another country that trying to defraud me on two products. The buyer is using two different accounts with the same address. He is using parcel forwarding company from China. Does ebay still reimburse sellers for fraud related active.

He open one claim and lost. He open up as “better price available..” Then he open up on PayPal as not received but stated it was not the right item. The tracking showed delivered.

What is best way to make this buyer life for fraudulent activities as hellish as possible. I know ebay and PayPal side heavy with buyer and have a chance of losing. The buyer as stupid as they come same address
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-02-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Buyer fraud

Take into account the worth of the items and whether it's worth wasting time with such a buyer and possibly getting a negative feedback.
The Following User Says Thank You to IGNAS For This Useful Post:
littleredengine07 (07-04-2020)
Old 07-02-2020

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

If you are worried about the occasional scammer you're business model is bad and should be looked at again.

Like retail shops who have shoplifters. As an online seller you need to factor in an occasional loss to your bottom line.

I used to always worry about scammers when I first started but when I put the focus into making more sales I really don't care. Now if some one claims item not received or sends back a damaged item or a different item I don't care anymore. They are blocked and I put my focus in to making more sales to make up for that loss. And experience is a lovely thing ... once you gain it, no one can take that away. I can sense a thief from a mile away now and usually prevent a scam happening in the first place.
Old 07-02-2020
Threadstarter  

I appreciate the feedback. This is my first dispute after 1000+ sales. I can take this as learning experience but I am not going to let someone from china try to scam us Americans. I already in my mind chalking up as a loss. Although I don’t want this happening to another seller.

The two items he scammed is worth 800$.
Old 07-02-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Buyer fraud

Give you guys an update later. I know in china they don’t have same rules if he use a credit card. There is no such thing in china a “chargeback” I just need to beat him at his own game. So I win the ebay case and PayPal case. Basically he has no recourse.

I would never again to sell anything to china at this point or buy anything. They are always scamming either on buying side or selling side.

Last edited by littleredengine07; 07-02-2020 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-04-2020

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleredengine07 View Post
I appreciate the feedback. This is my first dispute after 1000+ sales. I can take this as learning experience but I am not going to let someone from china try to scam us Americans. I already in my mind chalking up as a loss. Although I don’t want this happening to another seller.

Your flag states you're from UK, but "us americans"?
Old 07-04-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%

Domestic scams are difficult to deal with, let alone an international one at that.
International even with tracking or signature confirmation PP and eBay usually side with the buyers.

Essentially I develop the mentality that I'm on my own as a seller since eBay and PP don't and will never have my back.

It's a numbers game, you sell 1000+ and got scammed once. that's 0.1%
Not a bad deal as much as I hate scams
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleredengine07 View Post

yet U AMERICANS think its okay to scam anyone without contacting seller first? without returning the item? nice double standarts

see my story https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-d...-how-fair.html
Old 07-04-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmja View Post
yet U AMERICANS think its okay to scam anyone without contacting seller first? without returning the item? nice double standarts

see my story https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-d...-how-fair.html

Well don’t sell to “AMERICANS” if we are all scammers. Sell within Russia. Russia has a big marketplace. Your not forced to sell to Americans. You have the choice to sell within Russia. What you just stated, “Americans are all scammers” and that misinformed fact. No one condones scamming here in the US.

The amount of overhead cost and expensive we have to pay for is insane.

Federal taxes
State taxes
Some places local taxes
Shipping cost (our shipping cost isn’t subsidized by our government like most other countries)
Packaging cost
Ebay fees
PayPal fees

I don’t know how they do things in Russia but that what each seller have to account for here in America if your full time seller.

So don’t group us all “Americans” as scammers. We never condone scamming.
Old 07-04-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Domestic scams are difficult to deal with, let alone an international one at that.
International even with tracking or signature confirmation PP and eBay usually side with the buyers.

Essentially I develop the mentality that I'm on my own as a seller since eBay and PP don't and will never have my back.

It's a numbers game, you sell 1000+ and got scammed once. that's 0.1%
Not a bad deal as much as I hate scams

I appreciate I knew it from beginning I was going to have to take the the loss.

The problem was this international scammer used a package forwarding address which is in the US address.

I just want to warn anyone if you get a buyer from china who use package forwarding be very careful.
Old 07-04-2020

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

Refer back to my post.

You need to factor in scammers in to your business model. Some ebay reps will tell you the same thing.

And it makes total sense. When you accept this fact you won't stress as much and waste your precious time "trying" to deal with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Refer back to my post.

You need to factor in scammers in to your business model. Some ebay reps will tell you the same thing.

And it makes total sense. When you accept this fact you won't stress as much and waste your precious time "trying" to deal with it.

I appreciate it James. For the get go I know was going to be at loss. It just insane someone with no command of English language and from another country can start scamming stuff right off the bat. It shows that we pay these insane fees to ebay and their is no accountability from there part.

What boils my blood is anyone can start scamming around the world with little effort to none. I decide with my numbers I’m limiting to physical address here in the US than package forwarding address will have to ramp up my address verification system
Old 07-04-2020

Longevity: 21%

Just call up eBay and explain the situation
The Following User Says Thank You to Platypus1000 For This Useful Post:
littleredengine07 (07-05-2020)
Old 07-05-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus1000 View Post
Just call up eBay and explain the situation

This guy bounces around so if he loses on eBay guarantee going to open a PayPal. Although I did talk to ebay if ebay made decision to deny them. I can show PayPal decision. They should honor it. I know it’s a loss but I am not going to make it easy for this fraudster going to keep holding it up.