Changing Ownership of Legit TRS Account on MP. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-20-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 19%
Default Changing Ownership of Legit TRS Account on MP.

So beginning of 2019 I started Selling on eBay. Used my real information to make the account. I did about 200 sales or so. Due to life circumstances, I couldn't pay the fees. I started another account with my actual name and started selling on that account.

I won't go into detail in what was going on in my life at the time. But I just gave up on ebay. The 2nd account had a bunch of orders I didn't ship out, and eBay had to refund them all through my PayPal account. I got the MC011 email, ignored it. Then the MC999 email for not paying the fees. The first account also got the MC999 email. And they each got an "linked account" email. Both these accounts were on PayPal.

I made a new account a month later in my girlfriends name. I did nothing with stealth with that. I used the same IP and Laptop to make the account. I listed the same products. I started taking eBay seriously. Got Top Rated quickly. Average about $10k/month in sales. I've been using this account for 15 months now. I've been on MP for over a year as well. They never linked this account, to my old ones.

My question is, I would like to get it out of my girlfriends name and into mine. Because of taxes, credit, personal things, I'd like the income showing in my name instead of hers.

Would it be safe to just update the "Personal Information" in the profile? And switch it to my name? And switch the MP bank account? We called eBay to ask if it was OK to just change ownership and they said Yes, that's quite common. I just don't want to change ownership and get linked to those old accounts.

Another question would be, if I do change ownership and get suspended, would they allow me to just pay off the outstanding balances and reinstate my account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-20-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Changing Ownership of Legit TRS Account on MP.

What do you mean you can't pay the fees? You made 200 sales you obviously have more than enough money for it. And you made a 2nd acc but didn't ship anything out?

You need to sit down and actually figure out if a legit business is for you or not.
Old 11-20-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
What do you mean you can't pay the fees? You made 200 sales you obviously have more than enough money for it. And you made a 2nd acc but didn't ship anything out?

You need to sit down and actually figure out if a legit business is for you or not.
At the time, I had no intention on becoming a full time eBayer. I made mistakes. I lot was happening in my life. What has been done, is done. I've been doing everything legit on my girlfriends account. Top Rated. All Metrics are amazing. No defects, no cases closed without buyer resolution, 0.48% late shipment rate.

I know I made incredibly bad decisions at that time. And I fully regret it. Trust me. My question is, what can I do at this time to get her account in my name?
Old 11-20-2020

Longevity: 53%

Doc's may be required if the ownership is changed. Any outstanding balances they will always try to recover, but not reinstate the account.
Old 11-20-2020
Threadstarter  

So if I switch ownership, there is a high chance of suspension your saying?
Old 11-20-2020

There is a high chance of suspension if the doc's are called for, but fail verification.
Old 11-20-2020
Threadstarter  

It would be in my legit name. So I could get any legit doc they ask for.

I've found another thread of people asking nearly the same thing. Old Suspended accounts but are being required to sign up for MP. I've read they are using Ayden terminal as verification and have read success stories of people not getting suspended for old accounts.

It sounds hopeful for me.
Old 11-20-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

You're asking for it to be suspended doing that.
Old 11-20-2020

If all legit doc's, there may be a better chance short term, can't see it lasting tho. Remember to check the dates of these posts, as some are outdated and MP information has moved on since then.

Last edited by defwax7; 11-20-2020 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-20-2020

Longevity: 44%

So he screwed over eBay with his first account. Screwed over innocent buyers with his second account. And now suddenly wants to un-associate his girlfriend's name from his third account.

Sure sounds like he wants to screw people over again and just wants to make sure his girlfriend's name isn't associated with it...
Old 11-20-2020
Threadstarter  

It's not my intention on screwing anyone over.

The first two accounts got banned in May 2019. I actually was in jail. And was heavily in active addiction. That's was the problem. That's why I did what I did. I only sold on eBay to prevent me from being homeless. I had no intention on making it a career. I just needed quick cash. I was not in a healthy state of mind. It was during that jail time I got sober and have been since. I know bad decisions were made.

I'm going to pay ebay what I owe them on the old accounts. And just do it and see what happens.

Last edited by Indictment; 11-20-2020 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-21-2020

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

let us know how it goes/
You can always marry your girlfriend and hers would be yours,yours would be hers
Old 11-21-2020

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

paying your bills may not be enough,2019 is not too far back,Ebay lost money compensating your buyers.
I would stick with GF account or form a new company
Old 11-22-2020
Threadstarter  

I went into settings and changed everything to my information. No verification required. It prompted me to update bank information, I did. I logged into my bank for verification.

I had the message in MP "You recently updated your bank information. Please Allow 2-3 days for it to be confirmed." That message disappeared yesterday (Saturday). Then the Payout showed it was sent Friday. Which was a bit strange, as on Friday it didn't say the payout was sent.

Either way, all is good for now. The only connecting information eBay has is my MAC address and first and last name. I plan on going to a family members house and using a different computer to pay off those outstanding eBay fees on the old accounts. So if this account does get suspended, I have a chance of reinstating it easier.
Old 11-22-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 54%

Dont know why community members supporting you and replying to you, you done all this by intention and making hard for other sellers to create accounts,

Sooner or later all your accounts will be closed including your GF coz you dont deserve to sell on online marketplaces
Old 11-22-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indictment View Post
At the time, I had no intention on becoming a full time eBayer. I made mistakes. I lot was happening in my life. What has been done, is done. I've been doing everything legit on my girlfriends account. Top Rated. All Metrics are amazing. No defects, no cases closed without buyer resolution, 0.48% late shipment rate.

I know I made incredibly bad decisions at that time. And I fully regret it. Trust me. My question is, what can I do at this time to get her account in my name?
about 8 years ago or so transferring an account to another person has been very difficult.

They usually require documents and making sure that the acc wasn't actually hacked.

So if you want to do everything legitimately you could potentially contact eBay and get the steps they need since you have your real docs.

if this is going to be stealth, it's better to just leave the acc info as is.
Old 11-22-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Dont know why community members supporting you and replying to you, you done all this by intention and making hard for other sellers to create accounts,

Sooner or later all your accounts will be closed including your GF coz you dont deserve to sell on online marketplaces
Maybe you're right. Like I mentioned earlier, when I signed up again in my girlfriends name I made no effort on stealth. It's been 16 months and 160k in sales since, with 2800+ transactions. I do believe MP may work in my favor. But who knows. I take responsibility for my mistakes and just asked a question. I don't believe I personally made it harder for you to create an account.

Last edited by Indictment; 11-22-2020 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-22-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
about 8 years ago or so transferring an account to another person has been very difficult.

They usually require documents and making sure that the acc wasn't actually hacked.

So if you want to do everything legitimately you could potentially contact eBay and get the steps they need since you have your real docs.

if this is going to be stealth, it's better to just leave the acc info as is.
It's all legit. If you read my reply above, I changed all the settings already. Took 2 minutes. Required no verification. Updated bank account and verified with logging in. They have already sent a $1,200 payout since.

Tomorrow im going to a friends house and using his computer to pay off all my old eBay debt. My case is similar to other Sellers removing stealth on MP signups. So I hope the best for all of us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Indictment For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indictment View Post
It's all legit. If you read my reply above, I changed all the settings already. Took 2 minutes. Required no verification. Updated bank account and verified with logging in. They have already sent a $1,200 payout since.

Tomorrow im going to a friends house and using his computer to pay off all my old eBay debt. My case is similar to other Sellers removing stealth on MP signups. So I hope the best for all of us.
I'm thinking we have all been given another chance (unlikely)

OR this Managed Payments move is costing ebay millions in lost revenue so they just want good sellers to stay despite their history (likely)
Old 11-22-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
I'm thinking we have all been given another chance (unlikely)

OR this Managed Payments move is costing ebay millions in lost revenue so they just want good sellers to stay despite their history (likely)

That's a possibility for sure. One of my best guesses would be their older security isn't incorporated with the new Ayden system. If it was, you'd think all these Sellers switching from Stealth to their real name would result in a instaban. I have a feeling if these former problem Sellers are smooth sailing on MP, it may be in their best interest to leave them alone. I'm sure eBay has dedicated a lot of their Trust and Safety Team over to MP approving and sniffing out ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names. eBay has taken on a huge legal responsibility with MP. Their priorities have changed.
Old 11-29-2020

Longevity: 39%

You will get your girlfriend caught up in your permanent suspension web with eBay like all of us.

If it was me I would make an LLC in Wyoming ($300/6 hours) and upgrade it to a business account, then when/if they ask for business owner info you provide your correct info.

"Anything you say can and will be used against you....."
Old 11-30-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafonabob1 View Post
You will get your girlfriend caught up in your permanent suspension web with eBay like all of us.

If it was me I would make an LLC in Wyoming ($300/6 hours) and upgrade it to a business account, then when/if they ask for business owner info you provide your correct info.

"Anything you say can and will be used against you....."
I actually ended up calling eBay and paying them the past due amount. They removed the suspensions, and told me I'm good to create a new account. The closed the old accounts. The name on my main account is switched to mine and I've had 0 issues. I also created a new account and have listed and sold my limits this month with no issues.