WOW Permanently Suspended Reinstated WOW - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-28-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 16%
Default Re: WOW Permanently Suspended Reinstated WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinginsane View Post
I have had the same or a similar issue to what a few people have been writing about. A completely legit account that I have had since 2019.
My timeline of events is as follows:

2nd July, I received an email saying Action required: update your identity information. I had a look at the details on the account, they were all ok as expected. I submitted them and a few hours later I get another email that says the same thing. I think ok, maybe they want ID to prove this. A few days later I uploaded ID.

7th July, I get this email. ACTION NEEDED: Please update the information we requested. I was confused as I had already submitted my ID. I contacted support and did it again as they were unsatisfied with the photo.

12th July hadn't heard anything back in this time but assumed the problem was resolved. Then realized my £400 odd pounds had not cleared into my bank yet, weird I thought but I thought maybe its because my ID is still being verified. Then I removed my bank and readded it because I thought that could have caused it. I then received an MC139 message about someone who messaged me and could have been fraudulent but ignored it as I have seen those in the past.

13th July. I received a whole load of emails saying bid cancellation on Items I had already bought and had delivered ages ago. Went on live chat instantly and was told I had received a permanent suspension. No warnings, not even a message telling me why or that I had been suspended. Adding insult to injury this individual was extremely rude and decided to copy and paste loads of replies and leave the chat before I could respond. Spoke to someone on the phone and the same thing happened.

A few days later I decided to try my luck and see whether I could get a nice CS member on the phone. I did, got transferred a bit but they told me it was because of managed payments or something and they will have it resolved for me in 24-72 hours. I was also reassured I did nothing wrong. I waited the time they suggested and went on live chat on the 20th July only to be told the exact same thing and again the account would go for re-review, little bit frustrated I waited again.

23rd July went on live chat and was told the exact same thing as before but this time the guy said he would check on it from time to time and he would resolve it. I believed him again as he was a nice guy so I waited.

26th July. Went on live chat again, this time I was transferred twice before I got to the point of a conversation. The guy reassured me that he has strived one final time for a re-review and to wait once again while he transfers me to the trust and safety department. When I got there this new guy said this 'I carefully checked the details of the account and I can see that the block or the restriction was due to the verification of the payment method on your account'. He then said check your account banner, email, messages,etc for a task to complete that will tell me what to do to get reinstated. I noticed in this chat that everyone was a bit more reluctant to help but I thought that it’s because it was late (10pm BST). I told him that there was nothing anywhere telling me what to do and then I mentioned how I have submitted ID for the review but nothing has been done to which he made me submit it again and said again to wait.

Just to add, during these gaps between contacting ebay I had not received a single message or email about my suspension or these supposed appeals. I was shocked that if there was an issue with my appeals that they wouldn’t tell me how to resolve them as from what I was told, all CS were confident my account would be reinstated.

Moving onto today (28th July) I was quite agitated but excited to know whether my account had been reinstated or not so I went on live chat 5 times overall today at different times. 9:30AM, 10AM, 12:37PM, 9:15PM, and finally 9:24PM. Today I noticed no one was interested in what I had to say and each time I went on live chat they copy pasted almost the exact same thing every time. The last live chat I had completely demotivated me with these sentences

‘I'm done checking all the information on your account, unfortunately we can't remove your account suspension simply because we saw that there is a risk involve on it. Our decision is based on evidence from our records. We're not comfortable with your selling practices or business model, and we feel they don't help to promote a positive buying and selling environment’

‘I truly appreciate your eagerness to use the site but it appears that this has been reviewed already. Due to several discrepancies in your registration information. Unfortunately, your account cannot be considered for reinstatement. Please understand that we are limited to the amount of information that we can give members when their accounts are suspended. By revealing further information, we could help members intent on circumventing our policies to avoid detection’

I tried to get this person to check the message logs which I had with the most useful people I spoke to but they ended the chat as usual. I also have £400 in the account which is stuck and I was trying to get that out by fixing the account which it looks like eBay are no longer interested in fixing. I was wondering whether I should wait a few days again and this time really push the CS to view the message log I had with one of their colleagues to understand the situation better. Overall, this is a horrible situation and I can only pray that I get a useful CS that will listen and check the account rather than the latest message logs.

If anyone can offer some advice please let me know.

Is this a stealth account or your real eBay account? Also, is the bank linked a real one or VBA?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-29-2021

Longevity: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaybypass View Post
Is this a stealth account or your real eBay account? Also, is the bank linked a real one or VBA?
This is my real eBay account with all details correct. No issue should have been present. Bank account was a starling bank account.
Old 07-29-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
This is my real eBay account with all details correct. No issue should have been present. Bank account was a starling bank account.
Sweet setup - good luck with the operations
Old 07-29-2021

I can't tell whether you are being sarcastic or not but thanks. I don't really know what to try now though.
Old 08-02-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I can't tell whether you are being sarcastic or not but thanks. I don't really know what to try now though.
Not being sarcastic - just a positive note
Old 08-04-2021
Highlander76

Longevity: 0%

The people on here that have the gift of the gab at getting accounts unsuspended if your interested in having a go on my behalf for a good fee please PM me, there’s 2 or three people on here that have a good chance at it, I lack the skills.
Old 08-05-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

I think the issue maybe with the bank account attached to your eBay account even though Starling is a bank however it’s still and online bank it does not have any Brick & Mortar stores and they recently updated there terms to this effect that they are no longer accepting online banks or third party banks due to security risks.

It’s shocking that in some cases there just permanently restricting accounts and not allowing you to change the bank account or communicating at the least to explain it’s an issue with the bank, I think eBay’s compliance team are a bunch of f#*%ing w#nkers.

Perhaps it maybe worth your writing a email to eBay’s UK Managing Director they will reply back to you if not the director himself but there assistant PM if you want the email address.

I also suggest that anyone who has legit accounts with online banks to seriously consider changing you bank account to an High Street to avoid issues such as this.

Last edited by 13obby; 08-05-2021 at 03:42 AM.
Old 08-06-2021

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
you did not state the most important things

how long was the account on MP?

was it personal or business?

how much turnover done on MP approx. and how many transactions approx.?
Old 08-06-2021

Activity: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13obby View Post
I think the issue maybe with the bank account attached to your eBay account even though Starling is a bank however it’s still and online bank it does not have any Brick & Mortar stores and they recently updated there terms to this effect that they are no longer accepting online banks or third party banks due to security risks.

It’s shocking that in some cases there just permanently restricting accounts and not allowing you to change the bank account or communicating at the least to explain it’s an issue with the bank, I think eBay’s compliance team are a bunch of f#*%ing w#nkers.

Perhaps it maybe worth your writing a email to eBay’s UK Managing Director they will reply back to you if not the director himself but there assistant PM if you want the email address.

I also suggest that anyone who has legit accounts with online banks to seriously consider changing you bank account to an High Street to avoid issues such as this.
High street banks have online accounts. In fact physical offices are disappearing and young people do only open online accounts with zero commissions (all major banks offer the chance to do it and that's the near future because they can not compite with the rising zero fees fintechs).
If eBay wants a future they must allow online accounts.
Old 08-06-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorcat View Post
High street banks have online accounts. In fact physical offices are disappearing and young people do only open online accounts with zero commissions (all major banks offer the chance to do it and that's the near future because they can not compite with the rising zero fees fintechs).
If eBay wants a future they must allow online accounts.
Completely and absolutely agree with you I just wish these twats at eBay would understand that.
Old 08-06-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13obby View Post
Completely and absolutely agree with you I just wish these twats at eBay would understand that.
Starling is a bank approved by ebay as it is on the list of banks that can be verified through Trustly. Considering this and the amount of customers they have it is unlikely it can be blacklisted.

however , I have doubts the information was completely truthful. Because the fact that an information update request was sent several times means that credit check was not possible which makes the ebay account stealth
Old 08-06-2021

My account was in fact genuine and not stealth, I don't know how to prove this to you but I have no reason to lie. I did find an email address for a higher-up at eBay and sent an email but didn't get a response so was wondering whether to send an email again or not.

I started managed payments on 10th of April which is when I received an email to say I have signed up. From the 7th of June till 10th July I sold electronics and that totalled to about £1146. I think I had refunded one thing because the buyer said they didn't want the item. I cancelled a transaction once too because buyer didnt pay.
Old 08-06-2021

Quote:
My account was in fact genuine and not stealth, I don't know how to prove this to you but I have no reason to lie. I did find an email address for a higher-up at eBay and sent an email but didn't get a response so was wondering whether to send an email again or not.

I started managed payments on 10th of April which is when I received an email to say I have signed up. From the 7th of June till 10th July I sold electronics and that totalled to about £1146. I think I had refunded one thing because the buyer said they didn't want the item. I cancelled a transaction once too because buyer didnt pay.
was this a personal or a business account?

I understand starling was your own bank account and before re-adding it it was still the same account and bank?

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 08-06-2021 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-08-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
was this a personal or a business account?

I understand starling was your own bank account and before re-adding it it was still the same account and bank?
Sorry, forgot to mention that, it was a personal account and yes exactly the same. I’ve currently got about £400 stuck in it, they’ve also taken £30 from that balance as they’ve cancelled an auction of mine.

I’m fuming because whenever I contact eBay I get the same reply now of ‘as my colleague has told you, we can not help you with this issue’ regarding both the money and suspension. Before on 3 occasion I was told just to wait a few days and my account would be reinstated.
Old 08-08-2021

Quote:
Sorry, forgot to mention that, it was a personal account and yes exactly the same. I’ve currently got about £400 stuck in it, they’ve also taken £30 from that balance as they’ve cancelled an auction of mine.

I’m fuming because whenever I contact eBay I get the same reply now of ‘as my colleague has told you, we can not help you with this issue’ regarding both the money and suspension. Before on 3 occasion I was told just to wait a few days and my account would be reinstated.
I recommend to request your credit report through experian and check if the details are identical to ebay. if they are you can get the money back although I don't think the account will be reinstated

did you re-add starling as new bank? I mean if there was another bank on file before that?
Old 08-23-2021

in most , it will be suspended again, i hase several issues like that , and after few days/weeks they suspended the acc again, try to move slowly at theis time
Old 09-28-2021

Have now waited well over 72 days and I am still out of pocket over £350! I have no idea what to do now because I have been lied to again!!! Was told on friday to wait 3 business days while a document is being reviewed but now I am being told that because I am suspended I will not receive my money.
Old 09-28-2021

Longevity: 88%

I literally just got ****ing permanently suspended on my real eBay account that I started back up and was selling books on? They said that my account has been deemed high-risk and I’m permanently suspended?