eBays "mass" suspending spree... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default eBays "mass" suspending spree...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ebay/commen...ding_spree_if/

Thoughts?

Old 12-03-2021

Thanked 1,103 Times in 1,039 Posts
Activity: 90%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: eBays "mass" suspending spree...

BAY - We have determined that it is in our mutual best interest to part ways. We regret any frustration or inconvenience this matter may cause you.

ME - why is that? I don't think I violated any terms

EBAY - Your account was suspended because it exhibits a risk to eBay and to its community. We're not comfortable with your buying practices or business model, and we feel they don't help to promote a positive buying and selling environment.

ME - what exactly is risky about my activity?

EBAY - I know you are concerned about the risk indicators found on your account but I am sorry I am not able to share those internal details with you due to privacy concerns. While we understand that you may not agree with our decision not to grant your appeal, please understand that this decision is final and will not be reversed.
Old 12-04-2021
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

ebay will dead.
Old 12-04-2021

Longevity: 40%

ive had a bunch of accounts suspended recently as well. I figured it was just a holiday sweep or w/e, or maybe because I hadn't built up enough trust with ebay to be selling during the holiday season yet (I returned to ebay selling in august after a multi year hiatus). I did noticed that these suspensions were much more trivial (aka bull****) than years prior, which seems commensurate with the reddit thread where people are claiming that even their buyer only accounts established in the 2000s are getting banned. really ****ing frustrating for me, even though I haven't posted about it really

that thread claims their algo glitched, is this confirmed anywhere? or just speculation
Old 12-04-2021

Longevity: 53%

I wonder how buying accs can exhibit risks to ebay?
Old 12-04-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
I wonder how buying accs can exhibit risks to ebay?
I wonder about that too.
It sounds like the work of Ebay bot,to go thru millions of accounts.
But most Ebayers have multiple accounts,to buy,to sell,to browse,so his buy account is linked to his other accounts,we dont know.
Buying from oneself in an auction is a violation.
Old 12-04-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

one post kind of stood out: "Update: I got an agent on the line after 1 hour and 58 minutes on hold. English was not her first language, but she said eBay was doing a mass verification check of some sort and that getting suspended did not mean I did anything wrong. Proved I was a real person by answering some questions about my buying habits and my account was then restored. She acknowledged the long hold time and said they’re working on an action plan as this is affecting a ton of accounts. Safe to say this was done erroneously for the most part."
Old 12-04-2021

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
ive had a bunch of accounts suspended recently as well. I figured it was just a holiday sweep or w/e, or maybe because I hadn't built up enough trust with ebay to be selling during the holiday season yet (I returned to ebay selling in august after a multi year hiatus). I did noticed that these suspensions were much more trivial (aka bull****) than years prior, which seems commensurate with the reddit thread where people are claiming that even their buyer only accounts established in the 2000s are getting banned. really ****ing frustrating for me, even though I haven't posted about it really

that thread claims their algo glitched, is this confirmed anywhere? or just speculation
Ya this year is pretty bad, I would say with the use of MP is what furthered that.

Start of November was definitely odd as those "We restricted your account" hits were rampant on a lot of my accounts.

Their reps don't help either and end up just wasting your time with scripted crap.
Old 12-04-2021

every year as we approach Xmas shopping period,Ebay will step up to make sure sellers do have the inventory and ship promptly.
It will ask sellers for proof like a vendor invoice,in categories such as toys and electronics.
I recall one seller who had a physical shop in Michigan and sold popular toys listed many items he did not have and his shop was closed.
but this sounds like the work of a bot.
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2021
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

i agree with agent, this sounds like their usual christmas time new security test

it usually starts earlier, would be nice if they only do it 1 month this year
Old 12-08-2021

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageless1 View Post
Ya this year is pretty bad, I would say with the use of MP is what furthered that.

Start of November was definitely odd as those "We restricted your account" hits were rampant on a lot of my accounts.

Their reps don't help either and end up just wasting your time with scripted crap.
Lost easy 20-25 accounts this month. Very annoying.

MP verification is usually the end of it. "Upload ID" = Account done. They check against a database, impossible to pass creatively.

Might possibly be the end of stealth. Ebay lost thousands of sellers, Ebay's sales are down too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Matce For This Useful Post:
mrstealth99 (01-04-2022)
Old 12-08-2021

Ebay is cleaning house,look at Etsy!
I know an Ebay seller who has been on Ebay for 25 years and banned,she did nothing wrong but she is slow in shiping.
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
mrstealth99 (12-18-2021)
Old 12-08-2021

Longevity: 46%

I posted something similar to this a couple of months ago and got criticized for my selling practices and was told it was me and something i did wrong. Now i guess we can say it is official that there is a mass suspension going on. I have had probably 30 accounts suspended in the last 3 months. Most ask for photo id, bank statements and invoices for items sold. Its a waste of time to send in those items. The account is dead anyways. Out of all those accounts that i sent in what they required i got 1 account back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Robin Hood of Amazon For This Useful Post:
mrstealth99 (01-04-2022)
Old 12-08-2021

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood of Amazon View Post
I posted something similar to this a couple of months ago and got criticized for my selling practices and was told it was me and something i did wrong. Now i guess we can say it is official that there is a mass suspension going on. I have had probably 30 accounts suspended in the last 3 months. Most ask for photo id, bank statements and invoices for items sold. Its a waste of time to send in those items. The account is dead anyways. Out of all those accounts that i sent in what they required i got 1 account back.
All 30 accounts had legit IDs added?
Old 12-08-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Isn't ebay's revenue way up?

We have never had an easier year on ebay. Sales have never been better and exceeding my 2013 record by a long shot in volume and profit.

Maybe cutting out these accounts makes a better buying experience. Maybe it makes the sellers happier with more revue with less crappy buyers with high return rates. My returns have never been lower even though I have never sold as much volume before. I think it is less than 100 returns across all accounts with more than 20,000 transactions but 2019 was close to 2%
Old 12-08-2021

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood of Amazon View Post
I posted something similar to this a couple of months ago and got criticized for my selling practices and was told it was me and something i did wrong.

OH! That ain't changed a bit! It's still you...
Old 12-08-2021

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 40%

Scammers have their dick in one hand while they target innocent shoppers online at this time of year. It's a bloodbath with the amount of scamming going on.

All platforms step up their game at this time of year ... they don't care if you are genuine and getting suspended. They need to retain their best customers already on the platform by protecting them from thieves.
Old 12-08-2021

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Isn't ebay's revenue way up?

We have never had an easier year on ebay. Sales have never been better and exceeding my 2013 record by a long shot in volume and profit.

Maybe cutting out these accounts makes a better buying experience. Maybe it makes the sellers happier with more revue with less crappy buyers with high return rates. My returns have never been lower even though I have never sold as much volume before. I think it is less than 100 returns across all accounts with more than 20,000 transactions but 2019 was close to 2%
I would say eliminating most of the competition if any in certain products. I know I had more sales as most competitors that were selling similar products to mine are gone.

But as with everyone said, it was kind of odd every time I would submit a second listing, new or old account, it would get restricted within 30 minutes every single time.

Last edited by Rageless1; 12-08-2021 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-08-2021

Longevity: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by okzune View Post
ebay will dead.
It seems the site is already dead, at least for new sellers
Old 12-09-2021

Longevity: 51%

Seems like a Major crack down happens this time of every year

But this time its different its not normal

they need to change their behavior towards seller's otherwise will lose business

if they think they can be next amazon by doing this clean

than they are clearly mistaken

Ebay 20% Revenue is by stealth accounts and i am pretty sure its down to bad percentage

Last edited by USB; 12-09-2021 at 06:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to USB For This Useful Post:
mrstealth99 (12-18-2021)
Old 12-09-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB View Post

Ebay 20% Revenue is by stealth accounts and i am pretty sure its down to bad percentage
Any source for this statement?
Old 12-09-2021

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB View Post
Seems like a Major crack down happens this time of every year

But this time its different its not normal

they need to change their behavior towards seller's otherwise will lose business

if they think they can be next amazon by doing this clean

than they are clearly mistaken

For USA accounts they have no choice because of the new $600 reporting threshold. They use Adyen for their back end and KYC we use Stripe Connect... When a seller registers. There`s 8 different fields that technically have to match to allow the seller/merchant to transact. A seller can pass KYC but still have an attention status check. I went over this more in depth in an Etsy thread but if you are a single member LLC and you register on a selling platform using your EIN... You just mucked up my reporting if you ever hit 200/20K. If you are a single member LLC you can't use an EIN on a W9 and we can't use it on a 1099-K as you are a disregarded entity subject to pass through taxation. That 1099-K would be rejected by the IRS system unless the seller filed IRS form 8832. Think about how many people on this board are using an EIN with a single member LLC... All of those accounts have a warning status, along with actual stealth accounts, accounts made with EIN's less then 4 weeks old, etc and now Ebay can't sit back and let them operate until they get close to 20K. For platforms and marketplaces in the US now its simple. Either file a correct 1099-K after $600 or lose $600 ($570 fine in 2022 for not reporting or ignoring a rejected filing). So all the status warning accounts are getting hit by bots.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gotya108 For This Useful Post:
JackF (01-12-2022), mrstealth99 (12-18-2021)