Account restricted for 10 days - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-14-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 17%
Angry Account restricted for 10 days

I sell luxury clothing, all authentic and legit. My account is 18 years old.

It all started in August, I received listing removed, counterfeit item email. I contacted eBay saying it is not counterfeit and here is the proof. Only automated response. Then another such email. My account was restricted several times. Today last time, 10 days.

This item they removed has a QR code and authentication code. You go to the brand's website, enter the code and it says authenticated. I have the receipt from their official boutique as well.

I had a lengthy chat with one of their representatives but there is no way to appeal.

I fear my account is attacked by competitors' bot accounts and it will happen again?

What should I do? Hire a lawyer? It is do easy to authenticate everything but no one is listening.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-14-2021

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Account restricted for 10 days

If you are being reported by an army of competitors accs AND you have no official authorization from brand to defend yourself, you are toast. Bringing someone down on ebay is easy if he is not an authorized reseller. For ebay it is easier to delete you than to face lawsuits from LVHM and similar.
Old 12-14-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
If you are being reported by an army of competitors accs AND you have no official authorization from brand to defend yourself, you are toast. Bringing someone down on ebay is easy if he is not an authorized reseller. For ebay it is easier to delete you than to face lawsuits from LVHM and similar.
I have the receipt from official store. And there is a QR code and authentication code on the product.
Old 12-14-2021

Longevity: 77%

turkey and original can't stand togheter
Old 12-14-2021

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimcime View Post
I have the receipt from official store. And there is a QR code and authentication code on the product.
how many warnings did you receive prior to this 10 day one?
Old 12-14-2021

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
I bet you're selling them as new aren't you when in reality it's a second owner retail purchase with no owner-purchaser rights.

Anyway, if you continue your account will eventually be suspended because you have no meaningful defence nor can prove you're an authorised outlet.

I'm with ebay on this one, they do not want to attract the ire of, say, LVMH group again.
Old 12-14-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
turkey and original can't stand togheter
Idiot I say I have receipt and I have almost 5000 feedback, not a single feedback with the wird ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or counterfeit.
Old 12-14-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
how many warnings did you receive prior to this 10 day one?
Two only item removed
Once 3 day
Once 5 day
Once 7 day
Now 10 day
Old 12-14-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
I bet you're selling them as new aren't you when in reality it's a second owner retail purchase with no owner-purchaser rights.

Anyway, if you continue your account will eventually be suspended because you have no meaningful defence nor can prove you're an authorised outlet.

I'm with ebay on this one, they do not want to attract the ire of, say, LVMH group again.
I didn't understand this. I buy and sell from official store. Nothing against selling brand new with tags.
Old 12-14-2021

Quote:
I didn't understand this. I buy and sell from official store. Nothing against selling brand new with tags.
Yes there is, you're the owner of a retail purchase and are selling it second hand, it is not new even if you left the tags on when you re-sell it.

Anyway, as I said your account is doomed if you continue as you'll never meet ebays authorised seller criteria.
Old 12-14-2021

Quote:
Two only item removed
Once 3 day
Once 5 day
Once 7 day
Now 10 day
was it saying who reported you?
Old 12-14-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
was it saying who reported you?
No. It says:

We removed this item to protect you and your buyers, because we believe it is likely to be counterfeit. To make this decision we consider the details you provided about your item, reports we receive from brands or members of the community, buyer feedback and the reasons buyers returned the item. Please do not relist this item.
Old 12-14-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes there is, you're the owner of a retail purchase and are selling it second hand, it is not new even if you left the tags on when you re-sell it.

Anyway, as I said your account is doomed if you continue as you'll never meet ebays authorised seller criteria.
What is eBay's authorised seller criteria?
Old 12-14-2021

Quote:
Idiot I say I have receipt and I have almost 5000 feedback, not a single feedback with the wird ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or counterfeit.
Receipt does not make you an authorized reseller, just an owner of authentic item. But, as mentioned before, ebay won't bother checking authenticity of every item you sell - for ebay it is cheaper to ban you upon getting few complaints rather than taking a risk of a lawsuit from LVHM. As if someone manages to buy a knockoff from ebay, and that one will be a LVHM agent - it will be a multimillion dollar problem for ebay. So they just remove items based on whatever reasons they have, and they are mostly either requests from VeRO or regular members.

Last edited by muzzie; 12-14-2021 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-14-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Receipt does not make you an authorized reseller, just an owner of authentic item. But, as mentioned before, ebay won't bother checking authenticity of every item you sell - for ebay it is cheaper to ban you upon getting few complaints rather than taking a risk of a lawsuit from LVHM. As if someone manages to buy a knockoff from ebay, and that one will be a LVHM agent - it will be a multimillion dollar problem for ebay. So they just remove items based on whatever reasons they have, and they are mostly either requests from VeRO or regular members.
So according to that no one will be able to sell expensive brand items. I see lots of other big eBay stores selling luxury clothing for almost two decades. None are authorised sellers.
Old 12-14-2021

Quote:
So according to that no one will be able to sell expensive brand items. I see lots of other big eBay stores selling luxury clothing for almost two decades. None are authorised sellers.
This is all a game of luck. Maybe they are having same issues, you never know. I see persons selling 10000 of Win keys, and getting away with it, and other guys selling 3 of them and getting permlimited. Also, it depends on how do you sell it. If you are a company with an offline shop, that helps to survive, but a private person that sells loads of bags might look suspicious. You are evaluated by lowlife ebay employees, so they'd better ban you as else they might get their career destroyed.
Old 12-14-2021

Quote:
No. It says:

We removed this item to protect you and your buyers, because we believe it is likely to be counterfeit. To make this decision we consider the details you provided about your item, reports we receive from brands or members of the community, buyer feedback and the reasons buyers returned the item. Please do not relist this item.
just stop selling on this account for a while and resume selling in a few months with different items. you are already red flagged so if you continue selling you will soon be kicked out , receipts won't be of any help

it does not even take anyone to report you all over again , ebay know that there is suspicion of counterfeit sale so they will just continue restricting you if you continue selling the same type of items until you get kicked out
Old 12-14-2021

Quote:
What is eBay's authorised seller criteria?
Provide them with documentation from the brand to say that you are an authorised outlet and buy your wares from an approved wholesaler or directly from them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
muzzie (12-14-2021)
Old 12-14-2021

There are 2 ways of doing this. 1 - get authorization from brand owner and provide it to ebay. 2 - create an army of accounts and spread sales to look not like a retailer, but just a pack of rich guys selling their unneeded items. The more accs you have, the less chance that one day you are restricted and can't sell at all.
Old 12-14-2021

Quote:
Provide them with documentation from the brand to say that you are an authorised outlet and buy your wares from an approved wholesaler or directly from them.
forget about it , once a counterfeit warning has been recorded it will not be removed anymore and in case of many warnings no documents will be of any help , ebay do not care and will suspend soon
Old 12-14-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
This is all a game of luck. Maybe they are having same issues, you never know. I see persons selling 10000 of Win keys, and getting away with it, and other guys selling 3 of them and getting permlimited. Also, it depends on how do you sell it. If you are a company with an offline shop, that helps to survive, but a private person that sells loads of bags might look suspicious. You are evaluated by lowlife ebay employees, so they'd better ban you as else they might get their career destroyed.
eBay has an authentication service for US sellers. You ship the bag to eBay and they authenticate and ship to buyer. I could do that but no not open for other countries. Then, because you are from those other countries, you are a potential counterfeit seller.

Give me the same option to authenticate my items instead of accusing me. All BS.
Old 12-14-2021

Quote:
There are 2 ways of doing this. 1 - get authorization from brand owner and provide it to ebay. 2 - create an army of accounts and spread sales to look not like a retailer, but just a pack of rich guys selling their unneeded items. The more accs you have, the less chance that one day you are restricted and can't sell at all.
I recommended the TO several months ago to do exactly this but they just continued selling on this one account