MC011: eBay Account Update -- Action Needed - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

Have you been selling any Vero and had any warnings?

How much have you successfully done in sales with this ebay account?

Is your contact information correct?

Its difficult to know exactly what the problem is with limited info. It could be that ebay tried to call you to verify due to the amount of sales. If like some you have a stealth phone number (or made up one) then you would not have received the call.

My best advice is to have a mobile phone number as the main contact so you are more likely to get a call at anytime, whether at work, home or out and about.

Some people are nervous about calling ebay, which is understandable. (even with the reassurance that the people on the end of the line are just ordinary people watching the clock and thinking about lunch or going home)

If you dont want to call them, go onto the online chat and get to the bottom of reasons for your ebay limitation. Online chat is great as they wont hear any tremors in your voice, you wont babble and you can take you time to respond before pressing enter.

Thats my best advice. try that, but be prepared to leave that ebay and PP account and start all over. A pain I know, but sometimes necessary.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 83%

My sales numbers were pretty high. I made power seller status.

All my contact info was correct.
no phone call
no vero or ANY warnings.

I have not called them because I did have an account they suspended many years ago and probably an additional 12 they linked to that account.

This account however has a new address, phone number, IP address and whole new PC.

I am afraid that if I send them a copy of my drivers license they may be able to link me with my drivers license number. Do they use that information?

I assume when I finally get through to someone I will have to provide the usual requirements and photo id is always on that list.

forgot to add..

To this day my listings are still active. I had probably 35 thirty day listings set to auto relist. they all relist every 30 days without any problem.

They get purchased with no problem.

I just can not revise or add new auctions.

when I sign in I get this message

Attention!

We've noticed some activity on your account, and we need your help in verifying some information. We're sorry for this inconvenience, but while we're working things out with you, you'll have limited access to list new items on eBay.

Please proceed to you’re my eBay and follow the steps outlined in the email we sent you. Thanks for your attention to this matter!

Last edited by bjeff4321; 02-25-2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old 02-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Hey metroline I have the same exact problem! Mc011 on all of mine. I think I might have left my wifi ip on or im just listing to much. I know what im doing since day 1 on here.

I thought it was the feedback issue. So I ran a experiment with 4 accounts. Banned. Even before with my same methods it was fine. These arnt just regular items. Not cheap either. I think it was a selling issue.

I am making sure my wifi ip is off now. Its VERY strange all of them got banned the same day. If anything if it gets more serious I suppose we will have to change alot more in the listings etc. Which I Hate to do.

I have 2 more experiments to run. I just hate to do this slowly....
Old 03-02-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 83%

I have another question....

when paypal limits your account and they require a SS number......

do they actually check it and confirm your identity?
Or is it just in case you rip them off? So they can report it to your credit?
Old 03-03-2010

Longevity: 87%

My ebay accounts get permanatly suspended after submitting ids and .... There is vero sales.

The way I run accounts should be 100% ok is the past. Ebay is much tougher these days.
Old 03-03-2010

Longevity: 87%

They check it. YOu cannot just upload anyone's ss number. They will match the number with birthday and name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeff4321 View Post
I have another question....

when paypal limits your account and they require a SS number......

do they actually check it and confirm your identity?
Or is it just in case you rip them off? So they can report it to your credit?