Below Standard Performance - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-26-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 13%
Default Below Standard Performance

Hi

I have an indefinite ban on selling items on eBay on an old account (old paypal, old living address), I made a new account using new details which was fine and I was able to sell some items but they linked the accounts and put the restriction in place. This is 2017.

I really, really, just want to use my own ebay account to sell items, but support essentially are closed ears to the situation.

It was because cases were closed without me evening logging in to reply, and I didn't ship multiple items (bad time in life).

Is my only option stealth here? I can get a new IP (static currently) and start fresh on all devices but I fear my current address as soon as I put that into ebay for either delivery or selling that it will link them and I will be back at square one.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-26-2021

Default Re: Below Standard Performance

It’s fine to create a new eBay with your details. They should not still have your info from 2017. You should be able to use your address as well when signing up and you need a bank account now.

Just don’t mess up this time.
Old 12-26-2021
Threadstarter  

The problem being is the current address which I would like to sign up with is used as the delivery address of a linked account.... They will obviously see that and link the two, aside from that I can completely distance myself as long as they dont credit check to reference of course.
Old 12-26-2021

If your suspension is from 2017 you shouldn’t have a problem using your suspended address. I was able to create 2 accounts with my info in 2021 after getting suspended in 2014 from not paying over $5000 worth of fees. I was in a low point in life I had lost my job and needed some quick cash. So I Listed a lot of items and ran off with the money. Ended up getting suspended on eBay and PayPal.

You should be fine with the new managed payments / ayden. Just don’t mess up this time 😉
The Following User Says Thank You to Roy3805 For This Useful Post:
yankee (12-28-2021)
Old 12-26-2021
Threadstarter  

Hopefully that is the case, I have deleted and requested deletion of my data on my previous accounts using the old IP. I then got a new Static IP from my ISP by changing the MAC address of the router (VM). I am then using my iPad mini on the app and have deleted the app off my phone.

I have added an alert and rule to not download images on any email for eBay as to not disclose/cross my new IP with my old email etc..

It is the same name and address, I very much suspect they will suspend the account. I created an account and put a £30 item up for bids on a 5 day auction like a usual person would do.

Lets hope for the best because its really not worth my time having to stealth :D
Old 12-26-2021

And after you pass the first sale and receive payout and list the 2nd item with no issues.. your account should be good to go. Remember to grow slowly if you plan on listing alot of items.
Old 12-27-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Old 12-27-2021
Threadstarter  

eBay limited my account about an hour after posting the item and told me to contact them, I did and they asked me to confirm all my details and then 'validated' my account and re-listed my item.... Looks good so far!
Old 12-27-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

And this is an MP account right?
Old 12-27-2021
Threadstarter  

Managed Payments? Yeah I used to use PayPal but now its under MP on the new account, but the address is the same as a delivery address on a restricted account lol
Old 12-27-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by jguk View Post
eBay limited my account about an hour after posting the item and told me to contact them, I did and they asked me to confirm all my details and then 'validated' my account and re-listed my item.... Looks good so far!
You should go ahead and ditch that account. Every single account I had that got restricted after listing ended up getting suspended a week or 2 later after getting it reinstated

Are you using a VPN ? Or private browser to hide identity ? This is what caused restriction after listing for me.
Old 12-27-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

All this dilly-dallying is leaving money on the table for your competitors. Just buy stealth accounts and carry on. You can always play catch-up with making your own stealth accounts when you've got your money right and, of course, time on your hands.
Old 12-28-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Nice - hope it works out well in the end
Old 12-30-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy3805 View Post
You should go ahead and ditch that account. Every single account I had that got restricted after listing ended up getting suspended a week or 2 later after getting it reinstated

Are you using a VPN ? Or private browser to hide identity ? This is what caused restriction after listing for me.
You have gone from one opinion to another, perhaps you could be wrong? She seemed like she went through a lot of checks on the phone it took about 20 minutes and then put me on hold to speak to another department. She came back and said it had validated all her checks and then they unrestricted the account and allowed me to relist my item.

No, residential home IP which has never been associated with previous accounts. Only link would be via a credit agency (potentially as other addresses were not direct links on there) and the delivery address of items previously on old account.

No to private browser either, exact same actions you usually would take if you were a legitimate member of the public first time making an account.

Re buying stealth accounts, I just have techy crap to sell around the house that's worth a bit on ebay but nothing to me... I don't want a stealth account as I am not power selling anything, just some tech stuff here and there.
Old 12-30-2021

I’m saying that if your suspension is from 2017 you’re FINE eBay has a whole new identity system they use with managed payments.

BUT your method of listing was suspicious to eBay. I’m not sure what you did was suspicious but you triggered something in the system. And EVERY account I had that got restricted 30 mins after listing GOT SUSPENDED in a matter of 2 weeks. EVEN AFTER CALLING AND GETTING IT RESTORED. Your account is flagged suspicious.
Old 12-31-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy3805 View Post
I’m saying that if your suspension is from 2017 you’re FINE eBay has a whole new identity system they use with managed payments.

BUT your method of listing was suspicious to eBay. I’m not sure what you did was suspicious but you triggered something in the system. And EVERY account I had that got restricted 30 mins after listing GOT SUSPENDED in a matter of 2 weeks. EVEN AFTER CALLING AND GETTING IT RESTORED. Your account is flagged suspicious.
Interesting - where are you getting the 2017 as the cutoff date?
Old 12-31-2021

Not sure exactly when the cut off date is. Whenever managed payments started should be the cut off date. But we are talking 4-5 years ago. His personal info shouldn’t be still on eBay as black listed.
Old 01-02-2022
Threadstarter  

Perhaps the items you were selling were also suspicious which is why they suspended again, I am literally selling items that are no longer needed around the house, not general mass produced items.

I will let you know how it goes if I get suspended or not (maybe in a month).
Old 01-03-2022

Quote:
Perhaps the items you were selling were also suspicious which is why they suspended again, I am literally selling items that are no longer needed around the house, not general mass produced items.

I will let you know how it goes if I get suspended or not (maybe in a month).
Based off my experience, I get suspended in less than 2 weeks after getting my account restored. Keep us updated.
Old 01-13-2022
Threadstarter  

I cant reply to you privately as I dont have enough posts .... but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy3805
Any update on your eBay?
All good :-) Multiple sales, some high value 200gbp+
Old 01-13-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Hopefully that is the case, I have deleted and requested deletion of my data on my previous accounts using the old IP. I then got a new Static IP from my ISP by changing the MAC address of the router (VM). I am then using my iPad mini on the app and have deleted the app off my phone.

I have added an alert and rule to not download images on any email for eBay as to not disclose/cross my new IP with my old email etc..

It is the same name and address, I very much suspect they will suspend the account. I created an account and put a £30 item up for bids on a 5 day auction like a usual person would do.

Lets hope for the best because its really not worth my time having to stealth :D
At this point, it doesn't hurt to try. So go for it.
But also be prepared to have back up accounts too
Old 01-13-2022

Quote:
I cant reply to you privately as I dont have enough posts .... but....

All good :-) Multiple sales, some high value 200gbp+
After you pass the 2 week mark I think you’re fine. Mines never seem to reach 1 month after getting restored. Keep us updated.