Restricted Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-21-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 9%
Default Restricted Account

I've been selling on ebay since 1999, have 100% positive feedback and I never have any problems with ebay, last time I had any type of issue was about 4 years ago because of some duplicate listings I created by mistake.

I sell mostly modern reproductions of photographs from the 1920s/1930s, all of them in the public domain with expired copyrights, I usually have about 9000 listings. On the listings I indicate that this are modern reproductions.

Now without any warning I received a message from ebay saying "Your account has been restricted because activity on it didn't follow our Counterfeit policy. Counterfeit items are not allowed." , they ended all my listings and placed a 30 days restriction on my account. Also, under "What activity didn't follow the policy" it says "N/A"

This is my main source of income and I'm not sure what to do, I'm worried about listing anything at all after the 30 days restriction as I dont even know what triggered this restriction.

Can anyone give me some advice? Is there any chance I can get this restriction lifted or should I wait it out? The thing is that the items are not counterfeit but I can't imagine is safe to list my items again after the restrictions.
The Following User Says Thank You to angryatebay For This Useful Post:
assignmentation (09-22-2022)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-21-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Restricted Account

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

One idea is to spread out sales over other backup accounts. Doing anything with this account has bad potential of being banned
Old 08-21-2022
Threadstarter  

Problem is that I don't have multiple accounts, I never had any problems with ebay so I never created backup accounts.

I have an old account that I used to sell on with about 10.000 feedback that I stopped using around 2015 because it is on my wife's name and for tax purposes it was better to use one account under my own name, so I moved all those listings to my own account.

I could change the details on that account, but like I said I have not used it since 2015 so I'm not sure how to proceed.
Old 08-22-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryatebay View Post
Problem is that I don't have multiple accounts, I never had any problems with ebay so I never created backup accounts.
Right - but that was in the past and now you're beginning to have problems :(
Old 08-22-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Right - but that was in the past and now you're beginning to have problems :(
Yes I know, that's why I'm here. I never thought I would be hit with such a harsh punishment for supposedly violating a policy that I didn't violate in the first place without any way to appeal this. Sales have been 50% down in the last few months in this category and all I can imagine is that a competitor blaming others for his slow sales reported my listings, though I never had a single warning like a few items removed or a short restriction, it went straight to 30 days & all items removed and in the message they sent me they don't even tell me what items supposedly infridge the policy.

So I don't know what to do at this point, even when the restriction is lifted I don't think it'll be safe to use my account again. Would it be ok to change the details on the account I mentioned have not used since 2015 and start using it again slowly maybe?

And another question, how can I spread my sales? I've been reading the forum and understand stealth is no longer possible? Is there any point in opening a new account after the restriction is lifted with the same details or it would be the same as using my old account?
Old 08-23-2022
Executive [VIP]

Changing the details on the account could trip security flags causing issues.

Stealth is harder to do but not impossible - few posts around here about using same name info and personal details but different address...verified if needed by passport...
Old 08-26-2022
Threadstarter  

Just one last question, when you say "backup accounts" you mean separate accounts even if they have the same details or accounts with different information? I'm assuming you mean different account owners but I thought I'd ask
Old 08-26-2022

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

you can not be restricted for 30 days without prior history of violations. this means you had at least 3-4 warnings in the past

this is an issue as 30 days means you are close to being suspended indefinitely if you continue selling same items under same account
Old 08-27-2022

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
you can not be restricted for 30 days without prior history of violations. this means you had at least 3-4 warnings in the past

this is an issue as 30 days means you are close to being suspended indefinitely if you continue selling same items under same account
^^^ this.

You told us in they first post there'd been issues in the past. They're not forgotten. Your next restriction will almost certainly be a permanent ban. There's not even an amnesty if you mothball the account for a couple of years.

I don't know what you can realistically do, if you create a new account with the same photos there's a good chance you'll be back were your are now in no time at all.

You're in the same arena as the software and game account sellers where one of your best selling tools is to take out the opposition. Been like that from day one and not going to change. Indeed, if I was planning on playing this game I'd look to take out the opposition before I listed my offerings, it could be that you've been targeted by someone who has similar plans and isn't even visible yet. Unfortunately for your its all very messy and unscrupulous but it is what it is.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do next.
Old 08-27-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post

Well, that's exactly what I thought but unfortunately I'm the living proof that's incorrect, it might be due to the quantity of items removed if they think all of them are infridging their rules?....like I said, never had a restriction before and never had warnings before except as I mentioned, many years ago I listed some duplicates items by mistake and they removed them and sent me a warning but that was it.
Old 08-27-2022
Threadstarter  

If I use a different account with the same personal details, will the history of the old account affect the new one or they treat them as separate accounts? I know if one goes down, all go down but I'm not sure about how they treat the accounts history.
Old 08-27-2022

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

you have 9000 listings of modern repro of old photos,there could be some which violate copyrights,better find something else to sell
Old 08-27-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Just one last question, when you say "backup accounts" you mean separate accounts even if they have the same details or accounts with different information? I'm assuming you mean different account owners but I thought I'd ask
Accounts with difference inforrmation. There are reports of success with accounts made using same name but different personal info
Old 09-21-2022
Threadstarter  

My main account is not restricted but I opened a new account to list different items, I listed 2 items and got suspended, tried to chat and after waiting 15 minutes the guy sent me the canned replied about security blah blah and hanged on me without giving me a chance to explain. What can I do? Is my main account at risk now???? Please help.
Old 09-21-2022
Threadstarter  

What I meant is that there is no reason why my new account would be suspended, I waited until my main was unrestricted before opening a new account. I read that this suspensions happen sometimes and all you need to do is chat but I don't even get the chance to do that since the guy hanged up on me.
Old 09-21-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

try calling again.

If you didn't link the old account to this one in any way your old account will be ok.
Old 09-21-2022
Threadstarter  

I linked the accounts because I didn't think I was doing anything wrong, so used all the same information. My old account is in good standing
Old 09-21-2022
Threadstarter  

Same thing, they won't let me even talk, I get this message

Your account was suspended becau se it exhibits a risk to eBay and to its community. As eBay is an internet-based business, and its members are our customers, we have to carefully weigh the risks involved in allowing users on our site.
Due to the risk presented to the eBay community by your account, we have determined that it is in our mutual best interest to part ways. We regret any frustration or inconvenience this matter may cause you.For your account, there is no appeal for this decision. From this point forward, in order to conduct business on the internet, you will have to find a different venue.
Old 09-21-2022
Threadstarter  

Sorry for the multiple posts, I'm really stressing out, maybe I'm reaching the wrong ebay person? What reason for contacting ebay should I select?
Old 09-21-2022
Threadstarter  

I went to twitter, they told me there was a problem verifying my information and I think it's because the site kept timing out and crasing, but they told me they can't help and to use the chat.

Again I used the chat and the rep told me:

Upon checking here, the account was under Suspension right before it was subjected for closure. Therefore, reinstating your account is no longer possible and available for any appeals as the Suspension is permanent.

We have therefore determined that it is in our mutual interest to separate. Although we are not authorized to disclose to you the elements which led us to take such decisions, we would like to point out that we have acted in our common interest.

We know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I trust that I’ve already given you all the information available to address the issue while referring to our existing policies.

-----------------------

I honestly don't know what to do, my main account is linked so know I'm worried it might be next and I have no idea what the problem is or what I did wrong, I have a limited company, real information, main street bank...

Anyone has any suggestions? I'm really desperate now!
Old 09-21-2022

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
I went to twitter, they told me there was a problem verifying my information and I think it's because the site kept timing out and crasing, but they told me they can't help and to use the chat.

Again I used the chat and the rep told me:

Upon checking here, the account was under Suspension right before it was subjected for closure. Therefore, reinstating your account is no longer possible and available for any appeals as the Suspension is permanent.

We have therefore determined that it is in our mutual interest to separate. Although we are not authorized to disclose to you the elements which led us to take such decisions, we would like to point out that we have acted in our common interest.

We know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I trust that I’ve already given you all the information available to address the issue while referring to our existing policies.

-----------------------

I honestly don't know what to do, my main account is linked so know I'm worried it might be next and I have no idea what the problem is or what I did wrong, I have a limited company, real information, main street bank...

Anyone has any suggestions? I'm really desperate now!
This is what I said on my last post and a particular person disagreed with me but won’t go name calling.

I said no matter what you sell on eBay you are not safe if you sell a sock or counterfeit item your account can still be at risk.

Do not trust eBay and run 1 account. Learn to create more accounts and just spread sales on each accounts.

I’ve been in your shoes really stressed, worrying, panicking. But because I learnt and educated myself on creating more accounts I feel so much more relaxed.

I cancelled an order today from a buyer because he didn’t pay after a long wait. He then said to me I will report you for cancelling my order I said go ahead because if anything happens to my account I’ve already got back ups going and I will just create more so buyers or eBay can never win now.
Old 09-21-2022

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 67%

The account you created and listed 2 items which got suspended. Did you use same details as the account which has restricted your ability to sell for 30 days?

If you used same photos on that account, title and description then eBay bots will know it’s you as they placed restriction on your main account.

Never use same photos on accounts title or description.

If your creating another account this is what I would do use your name and date of birth and address you have previously lived at which is on your credit report.

Test the account by listing a £50 to £100 item for 7 days auction. If it sells wait more than 2 hours to see if you pass restriction. If you have no restriction cancel order. You will be asked to manually enter deposits into your bank account. Wait 3 days until deposits arrive.

After 3 days put deposits in and then start listing what you list. If you feel your listings are high risk. Sell a toy for about £10 wait 30 days message eBay on live chat and get an increase for 100/5000 or 250/5000 limits.

Just remember to use different photos title and description on different accounts.