Restricted Account - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-27-2022
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 9%
Default Re: Restricted Account

Any suggestions on what to list other than toys? I'll start looking tomorrow around the house to see what crap I can sell, what should I avoid listings?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-27-2022

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryatebay View Post
Any suggestions on what to list other than toys? I'll start looking tomorrow around the house to see what crap I can sell, what should I avoid listings?
You don’t actually have to sell anything around your home or buy an item. On one of my accounts I listed a flat gym bench which I didn’t own.

I used images of the bottom last pages on the sold section. Item sold and I received payment. I then cancelled order but my account had that 1 item sold.

I was still able to get an increase 30 days after it sold.
Old 09-27-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
I only create personal accounts not business accounts. Limits are normally high if everything all stacks up well good ip, real information, no links to suspended accounts.

If you ring up or message through live chat you can explain you have a business and you require more limits to sell your items.
My luck doesn't seem to be the best lately, I have no links to suspended accounts except the random suspension I got last time I tried to open an account, bank account verified through trustly, my company is over 10 years old and they can verify it with Companies House, the can do a soft credit check and they'll find all my info, I'm an open book really as I'm not trying to create a stealth account, will probably look into that in the future but at the moment I'm just trying to get back to my business.

I'm afraid to even list an item or contact them so I think I might just list something tomorrow, hope it sells and wait a month.
Old 09-27-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
You don’t actually have to sell anything around your home or buy an item. On one of my accounts I listed a flat gym bench which I didn’t own.

I used images of the bottom last pages on the sold section. Item sold and I received payment. I then cancelled order but my account had that 1 item sold.

I was still able to get an increase 30 days after it sold.
But isn't cancelling an order bad for your metrics?
Old 09-27-2022

Quote:
But isn't cancelling an order bad for your metrics?
I don’t create a business account so I don’t have a seller dashboard or metrics. My friend told me to create personal accounts and not business accounts as you don’t have to worry about the odd cancellation or late delivery rate.

All items are delivered on time but if I’m creating a new account then that’s the procedure I follow. Sometimes I will buy a cheap toy and list it and sell it.

Because you open business accounts probably best to sell a physical item you have or just buy an item which sells you only have to sell 1 not loads of cheap junk.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
The Following User Says Thank You to samspalace For This Useful Post:
rsot (09-28-2022)
Old 09-27-2022

Quote:
My luck doesn't seem to be the best lately, I have no links to suspended accounts except the random suspension I got last time I tried to open an account, bank account verified through trustly, my company is over 10 years old and they can verify it with Companies House, the can do a soft credit check and they'll find all my info, I'm an open book really as I'm not trying to create a stealth account, will probably look into that in the future but at the moment I'm just trying to get back to my business.

I'm afraid to even list an item or contact them so I think I might just list something tomorrow, hope it sells and wait a month.
The random suspension you got could be linked to the newly account you recently created in terms of personal info and address if it’s the same which is why you were giving 10/650 limits.
Old 09-28-2022
Threadstarter  

Listed 1 item, got restricted 30 minutes later because they want to verify information which from what I read is something that happens quite often, if they ask if I have any other accounts which I read is something they might ask, should I just tell them? They should know since I'm not hiding anything, right? Any advice?
Old 09-28-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

NO no, don't ever admit to anything with these people, they'll use it against you.

the saying "I'll be honest since I have nothing to hide" doesn't bode well for you.
Old 09-28-2022
Threadstarter  

I guess I really don't understand ebay this days, my main and up until now only seller account I opened it 20 years ago when anyone could just go an open an account and you didn't have to deal with all this insanity.

So even if my main account is unrestricted I should tell them I don't have any other accounts if they ask? So any other advice about questions they might ask? I was just going to tell the truth but I'm starting to understand that's not the way to go with them.
Old 09-28-2022
Super Moderator

Right, NEVER admit it.

20 years ago is a whole different ball game right? But because of fraud, bad buyers and sellers they have to upgrade. Nothing will ever stay the same in this world and we have to evolve with it.

Just tell them you're selling here and there and wanna see if it's something you'd wanna do more seriously fulltime in the future.
So you're learning.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
samspalace (09-28-2022)
Old 09-28-2022
Threadstarter  

Thanks Saijin, I opened a bussiness account with my Limited Liability Company so I don't think I can tell them that? Should I tell them I just want to expand my business or something like that?
Old 09-28-2022
Super Moderator

Well, as a business wouldn't you wanna test the waters and go slow in the beginning especially?
Old 09-28-2022
Threadstarter  

Well I talked to them and all they want is a copy of my passport & a credit card statement, should I be concerned? I find it a bit strange, can't they just perform a soft credit check? Like I said all my information is a 100% real so I don't understand what the problem is.

I also just noticed that on the link they sent me that this will go to their fraud department? Does this sounds right?

Last edited by angryatebay; 09-28-2022 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-28-2022
Super Moderator

since you already gave them all your personal info, just give them what they want and you should be ok , I'd think.
Old 09-28-2022
Threadstarter  

It's their fraud department according to the link they sent me, not sure what's going on but I guess I'll send them what they want tomorrow since you're right, already gave them all my info, verified my bank account through trustly... guess next thing they'll ask is a blood sample.
Old 09-28-2022

Quote:
It's their fraud department according to the link they sent me, not sure what's going on but I guess I'll send them what they want tomorrow since you're right, already gave them all my info, verified my bank account through trustly... guess next thing they'll ask is a blood sample.
I had to laugh when I saw you say their ask for a blood sample
Old 09-29-2022
Threadstarter  

I'm so sad, I tried opening a new account just not to risk suspension on my main account after getting a restriction for no real reason and this catastrophically backfired, my new account also gets suspended for no reason and now after sending them all the documents they ask for some guy in Asia decides the suspension is permanent and says they're also going to suspend all the accounts I have from buying & selling, so I suppose my main account is also going to be suspended along with my buying account I imagine?

I'm so confused and discouraged, ebay was my only source of income and it's my fault for trusting them, I was probably too naive but in 20 years I never had any real problems, I don't mind buying the book but is there any real way to get back on ebay after this? Because all I've been reading on this forums seems to indicate is not possible :(
Old 09-29-2022

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
I'm so sad, I tried opening a new account just not to risk suspension on my main account after getting a restriction for no real reason and this catastrophically backfired, my new account also gets suspended for no reason and now after sending them all the documents they ask for some guy in Asia decides the suspension is permanent and says they're also going to suspend all the accounts I have from buying & selling, so I suppose my main account is also going to be suspended along with my buying account I imagine?

I'm so confused and discouraged, ebay was my only source of income and it's my fault for trusting them, I was probably too naive but in 20 years I never had any real problems, I don't mind buying the book but is there any real way to get back on ebay after this? Because all I've been reading on this forums seems to indicate is not possible :(
Probably is but there will be plenty of trial and error involved as well as investment on your side in regards to buying whats needed for account creation / establishing it.
Old 09-29-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Probably is but there will be plenty of trial and error involved as well as investment on your side in regards to buying whats needed for account creation / establishing it.
I remember this feeling like it was yesterday when my main account got suspended. My only source of income was eBay as well.

It’s like you said just have to keep on researching investing and trying new things until you eventually find something which works for you.

I’ve got 8 accounts now running on managed payments.
Old 10-01-2022

Activity: 14%
Longevity: 47%
Wink Re: Restricted Account

Quote:
I suppose it depends, maybe if it's a few or even a couple hundred items? Apparently some genius at ebay decided every single one of my 9000 listings violated their rules (which they didn't) and with no prior warnings I went straight to 30 days, they didn't even tell me if they had problems with all my listings or some, not sure if they even know, on the message they sent it said "What activity didn't follow the policy" N/A and chatting with ebay to get more info was a waste of time.

I wish I had a prior 3 7 and 10 days restriction, that's plenty of time to look for a solution and create more accounts.
i chat with one of the representative, and she gave me the item id, 27/30 of them were authentic items, and was told they were counterfeit. I assume they just didn't like that account since there were few warnings previously. Maybe they just dont feel comfortable with your current account. 9000 listings? I only got like 2k listings. a 9000 listings would remind me doing priceyak in the past years.
Old 10-02-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbear View Post
i chat with one of the representative, and she gave me the item id, 27/30 of them were authentic items, and was told they were counterfeit. I assume they just didn't like that account since there were few warnings previously. Maybe they just dont feel comfortable with your current account. 9000 listings? I only got like 2k listings. a 9000 listings would remind me doing priceyak in the past years.
9000 listings is not even that much in the category I was selling, it's not a high risk category and you need to list a lot to sell a few. Funny things is that they're ok with people from China selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Disney stuff and the most egregious copyright & trademark violations but then if some random employee at ebay doesn't like your listings for whatever reason, he just pushes the "nuke" button and that's it, doesn't matter if your items are legit if the random guy in the Phillippines woke up on the wrong side of bed.

And chatting to them is pointless, I'm not even sure if I'm talking to a human as they seem less intelligent and responsive that some AI software I chatted with.
Old 10-02-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbear View Post
Reps are very hit-and-miss - some sympathetic, some not - have to sometimes keep trying for different agent