Is ebay stealth still possible? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-05-2023

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 12%
Default Is ebay stealth still possible?

any guides or help i can get?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-06-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
Default Re: Is ebay stealth still possible?

IMO true stealth is no longer possible given you need to provide a real bank account but by using identity theft then yes, creating a bogus account initially is still possible and even used by account seller(s) on this forum.
Old 06-06-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

OP, read around the forum for hot topics and pose focused questions
Old 06-06-2023

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

In the USA stealth is still possible for eBay although harder than the UK and some other countries. Read around the forum and see what others say.

If you are a US citizen or permanent resident then you can easily get a bank account to use for eBay without committing identity theft as mentioned by a contributor from another country.

Last edited by degsey69; 06-06-2023 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-06-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendalljenner View Post
any guides or help i can get?
Well, what help do you need specifically ?
Old 06-07-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
In the USA stealth is still possible for eBay although harder than the UK and some other countries. Read around the forum and see what others say.

If you are a US citizen or permanent resident then you can easily get a bank account to use for eBay without committing identity theft as mentioned by a contributor from another country.
apologies if I didn't adequately differentiate the two accounts I mentioned in my post clearly enough.

Yes, a real bank account is easy to get but the second account I mentioned is the selling account which, for it to be a stealth account requires unconnected/bogus details and an option is to steal someone elses - like certain account seller(s) on this forum do. Gone are the days where you can simply use a non-existent name and address generator.

So you have your bogus/stealth account but you have your real bank account attached - that's not true stealth as we once knew it.

Then there's the issue of tax accountability in the US. Whist unfamiliar to me from what I've read here it doesn't take too many sales before things start to get awkward.

Would I look to create a meaningful long term selling account with stolen identities, nope. That was great for disposable accounts in the days of paypal but MP has now crippled that game.

True stealth is dead. Take this forum as an indicator. It use to be a hive of activity from many new and old members about how to make easy money happily sailing under the radar. Now its a mere handful of folk desperately trying to hang on to what they've got.

Maybe it's time to redefine 'stealth'...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (06-07-2023), Retro Robin (06-07-2023)
Old 06-07-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Well, what help do you need specifically ?
what if i said i was using it for illegal purposes to get $ from ebay?
Old 06-07-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
apologies if I didn't adequately differentiate the two accounts I mentioned in my post clearly enough.

Yes, a real bank account is easy to get but the second account I mentioned is the selling account which, for it to be a stealth account requires unconnected/bogus details and an option is to steal someone elses - like certain account seller(s) on this forum do. Gone are the days where you can simply use a non-existent name and address generator.

So you have your bogus/stealth account but you have your real bank account attached - that's not true stealth as we once knew it.

Then there's the issue of tax accountability in the US. Whist unfamiliar to me from what I've read here it doesn't take too many sales before things start to get awkward.

Would I look to create a meaningful long term selling account with stolen identities, nope. That was great for disposable accounts in the days of paypal but MP has now crippled that game.

True stealth is dead. Take this forum as an indicator. It use to be a hive of activity from many new and old members about how to make easy money happily sailing under the radar. Now its a mere handful of folk desperately trying to hang on to what they've got.

so there’s no way to get back on ebay and start selling again?
Old 06-07-2023

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
so there’s no way to get back on ebay and start selling again?
Not stealth / and or sell with throwaway accounts. But you can get back on in my opinion and have a single long term account if you run a sensible business selling items that don't violate policies. You can always open a business account and attach details of your LTD company. May be even give a partner a share and use there details so your previously banned name / address isn't associated to the account at all.

If you want to do things legal and above board there are ways to get passed previous bans. But to create 50-100 throw away accounts to sell vero or digital items like people did back in the days before MP. Forget about it.
Old 06-07-2023

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:

Those days must have been wonderful !
Old 06-07-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
what if i said i was using it for illegal purposes to get $ from ebay?
subtle
Old 06-07-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
subtle
i’ll make a separate thread about the method I was doing in the past.
Old 06-07-2023

Longevity: 5%

yes its still possible we have over 50 accounts
Old 06-07-2023

Do you have any USA stealth accounts?

You can do stealth for selling there with anybody who has a SSN, you can put the correct details of the seller into MP on multiple accounts including your bank account details, as it does not report back to eBay as confirmed by other contributors here. You have the same hurdles to jump as before without getting the name and address on the stealth account verified when required.

Stealth without id theft is very achievable.

The forum is still very active, as other selling platforms appear to need stealth accounts, such as Etsy, Mercari and Amazon. It used to be about eBay PayPal and Amazon years ago, PayPal has fallen off and others are taking its place.

Quote:

Old 06-07-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Do you have any USA stealth accounts?

You can do stealth for selling there with anybody who has a SSN, you can put the correct details of the seller into MP on multiple accounts including your bank account details, as it does not report back to eBay as confirmed by other contributors here. You have the same hurdles to jump as before without getting the name and address on the stealth account verified when required.

Stealth without id theft is very achievable.

The forum is still very active, as other selling platforms appear to need stealth accounts, such as Etsy, Mercari and Amazon. It used to be about eBay PayPal and Amazon years ago, PayPal has fallen off and others are taking its place.

no i don’t have any, I’m currently trying to get back into Ebay. I achieved Mercari stealth successfully and been using that for right now.
Old 06-07-2023

My thread was not aimed at you, it was for HANK as his post is very misleading.

Follow the stealth rules on eBay, what ever name and address you have for the account you do not need to use it for MP your actual real details name, address, SSN, bank etc. That keeps you legal and when the 1099 comes out it’s in your name.
Old 06-07-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Follow the stealth rules on eBay, what ever name and address you have for the account you do not need to use it for MP your actual real details name, address, SSN, bank etc. That keeps you legal and when the 1099 comes out it’s in your name.
Oh ok sorry for my misunderstanding, and i don’t think i can get back on u sure it’s possible after i’ve got suspended multiple times?
Old 06-08-2023

Quote:

You can do stealth for selling there with anybody who has a SSN, you can put the correct details of the seller into MP on multiple accounts
That's not stealth, hence why I finished by saying 'Maybe we should redefine stealth

Quote:

No it's not.

In any event I compared it to the heyday. Maybe we should redefine 'active'.
Old 06-08-2023

Quote:
Not it's not, in any event coming from you after the endless error-ridden post you make is rather comical.

Got ant VAT advice for OP?
Old 06-08-2023

Hank stop being a bully on here to me and others, you can disagree but do not attack other contributors who have differing opinions.

You say this forum has less people posting, if that is true, don’t you think your aggressive style of reply drives them away.

Remember when a person has a problem, they do not need to have it compounded with snarky clever remarks.

Quote:
Not it's not, in any event coming from you after the endless error-ridden post you make is rather comical.

Got ant VAT advice for OP?
The Following User Says Thank You to degsey69 For This Useful Post:
kendalljenner (06-08-2023)
Old 06-08-2023

Quote:
Hank stop being a bully on here to me and others, you can disagree but do not attack other contributors who have differing opinions.
Grow a pair, it's not bullying, we're all anonymous here and there's no threat to your well-being.

If you don't like having your errors corrected then don't post misleading advice, some of which is downright wrong.

The irony of you calling me a bully for replying to your post where you wrongly stated my post was misleading isn't lost on me. I even apologised earlier to you because you misunderstood my post and went to the trouble of clarifying it for you. But I can handle it, no fragile feelings here.

I won't stop giving the best advice I can nor correcting blatant errors. Creating and maintaining accounts is hard enough and folk need to move forward with their eyes very wide open. You have to option to ignore my posts if you wish.
Old 06-08-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaunch.imminent View Post
yes its still possible we have over 50 accounts
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth