Has anyone created a new sellers account in the past few days and not had problems? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-25-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Has anyone created a new sellers account in the past few days and not had problems?

The Christmas holiday will soon be over, so has anyone created a sellers account and not had problems getting popped for verification? If so please explain what you have done. Also, where you are located at (US, Canada, ect)
Also what you are selling, high risk, low risk, vero. Just wondering. I am looking to start a couple of accounts soon to sell slow and then build up bigger so just wondering. Here's to crossing fingers that this will blow over after the holidays, but someone on here said they wouldn't spend the time training people and developing the software to just shut it down after New Years, so that makes alot of sense. But if anyone has had luck, post here. Maybe we can figure out if this TRULY is random by any means or if this is going to happen to your account no matter what.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-25-2009
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

ID verify has always in the past been voluntary. If you did the process, eBay let you get away with a lot more, and some features bypassed the feedback requirements. I think some things they do are random, but I'm sure their is a formula to who they're picking for this. It costs them money every time they do one of these, so I'm sure they don't want to do it with everyone.
Old 12-25-2009
Threadstarter  

That makes sense. Yea I am wondering how it works thats why I made this post. To see if anyone has created just a regular stealth account FROM THE UNITED STATES and not had a problem selling. As I said before, if you make an account and start selling iPods immediately, I am sure they are going to pop you. But if you start slow, selling small things, maybe you can bypass it for a little while. I have come to the realization that I will NEVER get a super high feedback perfect account, they are going to limit me for some reason some time and I will be screwed, but the goal is to at least have a good account going for a few months before it gets popped and I start back over. So, if someones busy creating and selling, post on here how your doing it!
Old 12-25-2009
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

I haven't had any problems creating the accounts. However, I think you've answered your own question. No one has a problem with buying things with new accounts. But who really opens an account, and the same day lists something with no paypal account, just a credit card and phone number? zero feedback sellers ALWAYS look suspicious.
Old 12-25-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

I think your messing up some where.... I made an account last week and had several hundred dollars go through it without getting this.... I think ur using same address or name.....
Old 12-25-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedakid View Post
I think your messing up some where.... I made an account last week and had several hundred dollars go through it without getting this.... I think ur using same address or name.....
No I mean I haven't had the problem yet as I haven't created a new sellers account. I am going to create one here very soon but I am just going through the measures to see if we can find out what triggers it. You say you have created a successful stealth sellers account last week and sold items and not had the ID verification alert? What type of items? Have you had the 10 day hold?
Old 12-25-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

I sold an mp3 player lol and no i didnt get held with the 21 day hold on my zero account I know a way around it :D....... o and make sure your phone number is always working that also triggers it... had it happen to me lol
Old 12-25-2009

Longevity: 89%

I created 2 accounts in the past few days with no issues but trying different methods when setting up the accounts, I listed a few things on both.
Old 12-26-2009

Longevity: 98%

I opened new accounts 1 week ago and no ver so far.. so I think they stop it. The reason maybe that they have found it to be pointless and scared away new ebaa costumers and sellers..
Old 12-26-2009

Longevity: 90%

I created a new account a few days ago and listed a few auctions. I had to verify my phone number to list and then again when I signed up for Auctiva, but other than that, it was pretty easy with no problems.
Old 12-26-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheezone View Post
I created 2 accounts in the past few days with no issues but trying different methods when setting up the accounts, I listed a few things on both.
Hey I am going to private message you about the hold
Old 12-26-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

I just got hit with it a couple of minutes ago is it worth trying to get it back?? what questions will they ask? I tried listing an iphone :( thats prolly the reason lol
Old 12-26-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I just got hit with it a couple of minutes ago is it worth trying to get it back?? what questions will they ask? I tried listing an iphone :( thats prolly the reason lol
Your first sale was an iPhone? Yea thats obviously the reason why.
Old 12-26-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

ya I thought I try anyways.... i need to get rid of this thing lmao..... looks like I will have to trade for something of equal value or try craigslist.....
Old 12-27-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
ya I thought I try anyways.... i need to get rid of this thing lmao..... looks like I will have to trade for something of equal value or try craigslist.....
Was your Paypal account verified? Had you confirmed it and everything? Taken all the stealth steps? Or did you just create it real quick and launch it for sale. How long was the account open for?
Old 12-27-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

nah it wasnt verified i had a fresh bank account attached though lol.... and I had the account up for like 10 minutes ahahhahahaahh i guess iphones are a target so ima trade for something with same value it will be a lot easier.....
Old 12-28-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
nah it wasnt verified i had a fresh bank account attached though lol.... and I had the account up for like 10 minutes ahahhahahaahh i guess iphones are a target so ima trade for something with same value it will be a lot easier.....
LOL yea man, you might as well had been trying to sell a Ferrari.
Old 12-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

OP, yes I have created one in last week, no id probs, start slow....Ive already sold 8 small things on it.....
Old 12-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
OP, yes I have created one in last week, no id probs, start slow....Ive already sold 8 small things on it.....
Sounds good, keep us posted on how its working for you. How much feedback you have, how many items you've sold. Is it a full stealth account, is the address ⊗⊗⊗⊗?
Old 12-31-2009

Quote:
I sold an mp3 player lol and no i didnt get held with the 21 day hold on my zero account I know a way around it :D....... o and make sure your phone number is always working that also triggers it... had it happen to me lol
That's just bragging lol.
Old 01-01-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Ya I know my B i can help people if they need it anyways I made a stealth account 2 days ago have 3 mp3s listed and haven't got hit with the id thing so its probably if you sell an high risk item really fast like I did or if your contact information isn't up to date
Old 01-01-2010

Longevity: 83%

i have made numerous accounts over the last few weeks and this whole sudden thing has thrown me all of course. i have never had this problem ever, i have always flown under the radar with my accounts and never had an issue posting up high end auctions with little or no feedback. ultimately the accounts would usually be suspended but ive always been one of the select few who flew under the radar for what ever reason i do not know and have always been able to post my auction up and have it stay up long enough to recieve payment and withdraw before the ebay account was suspended. having acess to different connections and outlets definently helps but still this new thing has been nuts with the constant verification. i dont understand why its doing this how long its going to go on? or when its going to end? if ever. lets hope it does. this problem is what has brought me to this forum. this forum is truely amazing however, their is an absolute wealth of information in all these different threads i have just been reading non stop. thank you to the people who put that information out there and to the director of this forum it has been truely helpful. if their are any other people having success selling with new accounts please share, and share how you are doing it cause i certainly am not. as far as my higher end items go. its usually pretty standard for them to suspend accounts that post a high end item right away, however like i said i was usually able to get it up and sell it in about a 5 day window frame. by the time theyd suspend me they were to late. now their wasting no time and suspending by the time im on day 2 or 3 and those extra couple of days are just messing me up from selling and generating revenue. the accounts and everything else is easy. its this new verfication crap thats a nightmare.