Copyright suspension work arounds? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-08-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Copyright suspension work arounds?

Hiya everybody & and thank god i found this forum!

Ive received a 30day suspension for copyright infringment. I first recieved the 7day one a while back by being careless. I then changed my descriptions making them more vague and managed to get away with it right up until now when ebay removed them from right out of the blue :(

Now, this was the idea i had in mind to try when my suspensions up and was just looking for some possible feedback and or other methods you guys use...

My products are replicas of official prototypes that never went into production. Many of which are sequels to genuinely released items ie Ebay sucks 1(legit release) Ebay sucks 2(unreleased prototype)

For my sequel items i was thinking of using Ebay Sucks 2 in the title and using and using the picture of Ebay sucks 2 BUT saying in the description something like

"Despite the item title, picture and a long list of good feedback from selling them, this auction is not for Ebay sucks 2 but for Ebay sucks 1.

The usage of the Ebay sucks 2 title and pictures was purely *cough* by accident *cough* and is in no shape or form an attempt to bypass Ebays rules.

Please excuse my coughing as i had a terrible cold whilst writing this description*cough* "

What do you guys think? would it work?

Thanks and sorry for the long post!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

If the account has received a 7 day and now a 30 day suspension it is best to stop selling those items all together on the account. If you continue to try and sell them Ebay is just going to issue a 1 year suspension or just permantely suspend the account.

Your best option would to get the Stealth Book on here and read it several times to make sure you understand it and then create a few stealth accounts and go from there.
Old 04-08-2010
Threadstarter  

Ok,im going to order the Stealth Book and give it a good read. But surely though if i list the bad item, with the bad title and picture BUT claim it was an accident and that the auction is for a legit item Ebay couldnt touch me right? It just means i would be dealing with a lot of confused buyers.
Old 04-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

Sorry it doesn't work like that. If you get a item removed by Ebay and you continue to try and sell it again it will only lead to problems with the account. That is the benefit to having multiple accounts so if you run into a problem with a account you can just switch it over to another Ebay account and just move on.
Old 04-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Ok, you guys are the experts so im not going to argue but i just want to clarify one more time before put my ideas to rest and just order the book.

The items i sell never really existed other than in prototype form, its not like im selling a replica rolex or something that has a real equivalent. So its fairly obvious to the lowlifes at Ebay after one google search what my items are. Theres no real way to hide it and a new account will only be a temporary solution. Im just after a clever way to list them.

So like i said, SURELY if i use the title and picture of the replica item to attract the buyers BUT say in the auction description it was a mistake and that auction is ACTUALLY for something competey different but within the same category Ebay cant do anything right?

Ie

Auction title : Unicorn for sale(never existed like my item)
Category : Animals
Picture : Of the actual Unicorn
Description: Auction is for real life Unicorn!
Additional Information added XX/XX/20XX : On closer inspection it turns out that it is not actually a Unicorn but is a horse. I apologize to all bidders and will happy retract any bids.

OR say something in the original description without adding it later like, Ive been capped onto dailup and am unable to add another picture or my camera broke etc etc

Ebay can really remove an auction like that? Really? I trust you guys fully but man, its hard to believe ebay is that damn anal.

Again i apologize for the long post and thank anybody for taking the time to read it and offer your help. I look forward to learning more about this and hopefully help others deal with the same **** as i get more knowledgeable.

Last edited by Nicky; 04-09-2010 at 01:49 AM.