Need help with reinstatement account will work, please help this poor college kid. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-20-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Need help with reinstatement account will work, please help this poor college kid.

Hi everyone,

I am counter plating if I should pay the amount of this account off on this ebay account which has a good rating and feedback. I made this account back in the beginning of 2008. Although they limited my paypal account on this account and shut it down with 180 days we will pay you crap due to so called "SECURITY ISSUES.". The balance is 70 USD. I just graduated from college and I just don't want to waste 70 USD with ebay if they are going to suspend me after paying of them. Listed below is the email I recieved from them.

Your eBay account has been suspended because you currently owe a balance of***********
. eBay will gladly consider reinstating your account, but only after this balance has been paid in full. If this past due balance is the only reason for restricting your account, it will be reopened for bidding and listing after your complete payment has been processed.
Please follow these steps to make a one-time payment of :

1. Click the "Site Map" link located at the bottom of most eBay pages.
2. Scroll down until you see the "My Selling Account" section in the middle column.
3. Click the "Make a Single Payment" link. You may need to sign in.
4. To pay using PayPal, enter the payment amount in the box and click the "Pay" button. To choose another payment method, click the appropriate link under the PayPal box and follow the instructions on the next page.

If you don't have Internet access or have forgotten your password, please mail a check or money order to this address:

eBay Inc.
P.O. Box 2179
Carol Stream, IL 60132-2179
United States

-- Important --
- Include a copy of this notice with your payment.
- Make sure to clearly note your User ID on your check or money order.

We need you to take action. For more information about why your account may have been suspended and what steps to take now, please go to:
Suspended accounts

For more information about eBay payments and account reinstatement, please visit:
How to get your account back after a suspension

-- Please note --
You are currently being billed a late payment finance charge that is equal to 1.5 percent of the amount that you currently owe. This fee will be charged each month on your invoice date.

We appreciate your efforts to bring your account up to date as soon as possible.

Thank you,

eBay Global Collections
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-20-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

If the sole reason for your suspension was due to unpaid fees, they will almost definitely re-instate you within hours of you paying the outstanding balance.

If there's more involved than just fees, they may not. Be certain that only fees are the issue before paying.
Old 05-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I'd not be prepared to trust ebay on that. How many times has this happened and the user pays, gets reinstated then gets suspended a few days later.
Old 05-21-2010

Longevity: 85%

I owed $53 for weeks a few months ago until I finally paid it off and got reinstated within 1-3 minutes.
Old 05-21-2010
Vicvelcro

For fees as low as the $70 reported by the OP, ebay is unlikely to backstab later unless there is another underlying issue.

Just from memory (which is sometimes flawed) I think those sellers who were re-instated then nuked later had higher unpaid fees on their linked accounts and/or additional issues.

But, my brain is a bit mushy. I could be mis-remembering.
Old 05-21-2010
Threadstarter  

What happen is my paypal account got limited and then they decided to slap a 180 days until you get your funds. The reason that they ended my account was dude to security issue. therefore they don't want my business. So I don't get my funds until october of this year Although my ebay account was still running. I was not too sure at this point to pay it or not. they kept sending notices that I have a balance of 70 USD in account. Then they sent me this letter listed above. So I am debating if I should save it or not. Money is tight and I did buy the guide, but it has no mention of this resulting factor.
Old 05-21-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

It's up to you if you want to pay it or not. Though most likely you'll pay it and the account will stay suspended due to the paypal limitation.
Old 05-21-2010
Threadstarter  

I forgot to mention I also got this with the account.

Your selling privileges have been temporarily restricted because of a recent policy violation. You won't be able to list new items for thirty (30) days. You're also not allowed to register a new account during this time.

Please be assured that your account has *not* been suspended. At this time, you still have full account access. You can continue to:

- Send email
- Obtain shipping addresses
- Leave Feedback
- Perform other administrative tasks

Your account will no longer be restricted after 30 days.

However, please be aware that any additional violations of this policy could result in the suspension of your account. Once eBay suspends an account, the member no longer has any account access. In addition, all active listings are canceled, and members who placed bids on those listings are notified.

If you have any further questions, please review the notice that was previously sent to you about this restriction.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team
Old 05-22-2010
Vicvelcro

Ok, in your first post, you were referring to ebay fees, not a Paypal problem. Thus, my assessment of paying $70 was based on you owing ebay - NOT you owing Paypal.

Also, if you got a 180 notice from Paypal, you are well and truly phuqued.

Now, the most recent issue on your ebay account (truly), the 30 day suspension will possibly but probably NOT be lifted at the end of the 30 days. By that time, ebay will know that Paypal gave you the 180 DJL. Thus, they will probably deem you persona non grata.

Start building a new stealth set.
Old 05-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

its only a 30 days suspension, plus $70 to pay, maybe if the account is worth it and you intend to treat it more carefully its worth saving, depends on how old it is and feedback etc....

something worth 'counter plating' ?
Old 05-22-2010
Vicvelcro

Oompa, per post #6, the OP got the 180 day dear john letter. Which means the 30 day ebay suspension is going to evolve into something bigger.
Old 05-23-2010
Threadstarter  

As opinion of the forum, to play it safe should I not pay for until I have some saving because I can't risk 70 dollars to get banned again. Then I might as well lit the 70 bucks on fire. every penny counts for me.

I am using one my relatives accounts its Pre 2007 account. I sold a lot of stuff and they sent me a week ago MC019 plus MC198. Listed below are the emails. What should I do with this account? This account is helping me pay off some of my college loans. I cannot afford for this account to close down. I have 4 stealth accounts in process of creation with SSN verfication possible from relatives who top notch credit. I just don't want this Pre 2007 account to close down. Another funny thing is only delisted one auction while I had 20 auctions up. I had three of the same item listed and they only delisted one item. NEED help or I will go into bankruptcy. Thanks guys for your support and help.

Your listing has been removed.

- Listing item in a Private Auction
- Limited selling history

You may also consider these tips to help improve your listing:

- Including additional photos, taken yourself, of the actual item offered in the listing (multiple angles may be helpful to buyers)

For a safe shopping experience on eBay and to make buyers feel confident about their purchases, we will at times remove certain listings from the site.

Unfortunately, your item was removed because of the way it was listed.

To make sure you're following eBay policies and to help you avoid listing removals in the future, please take a minute to read and understand our selling guidelines. Go to:
Selling with improved results

If you have any more questions, chat with one of our policy
experts any time from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM MST. Get started by clicking
the link below.
https://cschatlb-na.corp.ebay.com/chat.asp?profile=61

You may need to take a tutorial. If it's required, you may be asked to take it the next time you sell. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:
eBay Policy Tutorial - VeRO

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. We understand that you may be concerned about this situation.

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please visit:
Why did eBay remove my listing?

Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. We review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

Your selling privileges have been temporarily restricted because of a recent policy violation. You won't be able to list new items for seven (7) days. You're also not allowed to register a new account during this time.

Please be assured that your account has *not* been suspended. At this time, you still have full account access. You can continue to:

- Send email
- Obtain shipping addresses
- Leave Feedback
- Perform other administrative tasks

Your account will no longer be restricted after seven days.

However, please be aware that any additional violations of this policy could result in the suspension of your account. Once eBay suspends an account, the member no longer has any account access. In addition, all active listings are canceled, and members who placed bids on those listings are notified.

If you have any further questions, please review the notice that was previously sent to you about this restriction.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team
Old 05-23-2010
Vicvelcro

Do not put a pre-november-2007 account at risk. It has useful perks you may want to take advantage of later.

They de-listed one just to make a point and probably didn't bother the other two - to cut you a break.

Put this account away. Let it cool off.

Use another account. If you don't have one ready, wait until you do. Don't smoke crack, don't push this account.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
littleredengine07 (05-23-2010)
Old 05-23-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicvelcro View Post
Do not put a pre-november-2007 account at risk. It has useful perks you may want to take advantage of later.

They de-listed one just to make a point and probably didn't bother the other two - to cut you a break.

Put this account away. Let it cool off.

Use another account. If you don't have one ready, wait until you do. Don't smoke crack, don't push this account.
What is the standard of letting this account to cool. How many months? What do you suggest. Can I sell book cover case which I found a really good deal. Some items around the house.

Last edited by littleredengine07; 05-23-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-23-2010
Vicvelcro

Actually, letting the account cool by selling innocent items is the best way to go.

90 days is often sufficient. I usually stash mine for 6 months.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
littleredengine07 (05-23-2010)
Old 05-23-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks VicVelcro, I really appreciate the help. I am definitely going to cool down this account.