EBAY suspension for INAUTHENTIC ITEM?! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-13-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default EBAY suspension for INAUTHENTIC ITEM?!

Okay a story cut short, a buyer opened a case against me for AN "⊗⊗⊗⊗" juicy purse when I have sold many bags on ebay and NEVER had a complain about, not too mention everything I ever sold was REAL. It's no surprise that this buyer was a NEW buyer and had a low feedback score! that immediately opened a case through ebay and escalated after I agreed to issue a refund after I received my item. Next day I log into my ebay and it states that my account was suspended due to buyers who questoned the authencity of my item!? It was ONE! and I have proof that my items are REAL! I immediately responded and tried to appeal it, two days later they sent me back an email saying my account will remain closed! Not only has my account been suspended but my brothers has too! when we both have different paypal accounts?! Im guessing because of the same household adress and IP ADRESS? I need to know how to get back on ebay without getting caught? I mean new ip adress? card? bank account?maybe get a p.o box. number? PLEASE HELP!?
:(
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-13-2010

Longevity: 83%

welcome to the forum! Best thing to do is buy the book and read up.

When you feel comfortable with it start with all new info and make a few accounts.

Basically saying 99% of the time you wont win your fight with ebay.

Still try but you should start learning now to begin selling faster.
Old 06-13-2010

Longevity: 81%

hello. Welcome to the forum. I agree with boogernaut. Buy the Book and read up. It'll help you understand alot.
Old 06-13-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyna View Post
I mean new ip adress? card? bank account?maybe get a p.o box. number?
:(
Basically answered your own question but, there are a few important missing ingredients. I recommend getting the Stealth Book it's a good investment. I mean if you're willing to get a P.O. box might as well get the book and save yourself some $ because you don't necessarily need a new P.O. box.

-Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to jamblix For This Useful Post:
MtnDew (06-13-2010)
Old 06-13-2010

ya it will help you through the process and keep you from making any mistakes..the price of the book is worth it, in what you will spend in time, money (phone addy vcc's).

Hate to promote something but it will also give you piece of mind as well. Which with ebay is never gauranteed but it helps. Nothing is missed, follow it and you will be back on selling
Old 06-13-2010
Threadstarter  

Hi, thanks for the quick replies guys!
Will this "stealth" book make me avoid all the new bank accounts, passwords, changing emails and ip addresses? or is it all a big scam? Since I'm new to this I can't be so sure.
Old 06-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyna View Post
Hi, thanks for the quick replies guys!
Will this "stealth" book make me avoid all the new bank accounts, passwords, changing emails and ip addresses? or is it all a big scam? Since I'm new to this I can't be so sure.
hey reyna...i have been a member 8+ months...just bought the book about 4 wks ago and have working accounts

That said its not an exact science but...if you do it right and follow what it says and read up on the forum some you should be selling again soon.

But...given your post you do have to change all that in bold. It is some work and cost very little but if you make money selling its really small chump change. you have to start totally fresh all new info.

It can be done but it does take a little effort

Last edited by MtnDew; 06-13-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogernaut View Post
hey reyna...i have been a member 8+ months...just bought the book about 4 wks ago and have working accounts

That said its not an exact science but...if you do it right and follow what it says and read up on the forum some you should be selling again soon.

But...given your post you do have to change all that in bold. It is some work and cost very little but if you make money selling its really small chump change. you have to start totally fresh all new info.

It can be done but it does take a little effort
Oh boy this seems like it's a big investment in time and money, but you are right I make my living on ebay! so it will be worth it. and one more question would I still be able to use my same paypal account but with a different bank account card but same address on my paypal or will I have to change my address on paypal. Obviously I will have to get a new email, can I just add my new email to me paypal and delete the other existing one?
Much thankyous!
Old 06-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Default I agree

I agree with the others. The guide is valuable as it not only tells you how to get back on, but also what your options are. It also tells you what to avoid - if you make a mistake, the new account will be closed as well.

I do not benefit in any way if you buy the guide, but I am a big fan of it. It gave me lots of ideas and also mentioned some options I hadn't thought of - and saved me more than the cost (which is cheap).

More importantly, it will tell you how to STAY BACK ON!

It is not easy to be a seller on eBay, especially if you are selling any designer merchandise or anything else that is favored by counterfeiters. It makes no difference that your item was real. In many cases, all it takes is the ACCUSATION and then you are banned. Trying to appeal is kind of like banging your head against a brick wall, although appealing is more painful.

It is not fair, but that is reality. You can find 10 other sellers selling the same thing, and recognize their items as ⊗⊗⊗⊗ - they could even have negative feedback stating that their items are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ - but eBay will allow them to continue to sell. And not you. WELCOME TO EBAY!

The buyer could be scamming you. By filing the complaint, they will definitely get a refund one way or the other. They could return a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ in place of the real item, or send a rotting grapefruit in a box, and as long as they have delivery confirmation, you are screwed. It is also possible that the buyer is simply mistaken, although they would usually try to contact you in that case.

My guess is that the next step is an email from PayPal stating they have closed your account and will hold your funds for 180 days. Again, it is not fair, but it is reality. The fact is, it is eBay's website, and they can pretty much do whatever they want.

Try not to take it personally. The best thing to do is to move on with a new account. It is aggravating, I know. We've all been there in one way or another, that is why we found this forum.

Buy the guide, read it, consider your options and do not hesitate to ask questions. In no time at all, you'll be back on eBay. And with the new knowledge you will have, hopefully it won't happen again. There is no way to protect yourself 100%, buit you can definitely minimize the risk.

And yes, feel free to appeal, but don't hold your breath. There is nothing fair about the way eBay deals with sellers, and there never has been.

Don't let my harsh tone fool you, I certainly wish you the best of luck. It's just that I know from experience how eBay can be.

All you can do is move on.
Old 06-14-2010
Threadstarter  

This is true, I just tried appealing it and my account was closed for good! The buyer did end up returning the item buttt, The zipper was broken with the pull zipper, and the tag was gone, as I sold it new with tag(looks like she handled it and used it for 2 weeks and broke it and wanted her FULL money back) It is a pain in the ass since I feel I was treated unfairly but then again I've been treated unfairly by ebay in many occasions! since they favor the buyer than the seller. Thank you for your comment and no harsh just honest. I appreciate your answer though! thanks I will probably be buying the book first thing tomorrow morning. Do you have any idea if you can use your paypal account to pay? or is it just credit card?
Old 06-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Default No idea...

I have no idea if they take PayPal or not. I used my regular credit card. But if you have any money in your PayPal account, withdraw it, preferably through your PP debit card. Leave $50 or so as they MAY not suspend the account, but if they do, it will be 180 days before you see your money.

Again, I wish you the best of luck.
Old 06-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Please help! I bought the eBay Stealth but it's not letting me
I go to the Activate eBay Stealth and I put my key in and this keeps popping up and the link to go HELP opens in another website but the Problem loading page comes up:
Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.secure-ebook.com.

* Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
Example Web Page

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

and for eBay Stealth it says
I was not able to connect to the secure-ebook. server.
please check that you are connected to the internet and your firewall settings aren't preventing your ebook from accessing the internet.

How I change my setting to do that? what program do I allow? I'm so confused!
Old 06-14-2010
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Reyna, PM aspkin...

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=1
Old 06-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Okay guys so I got Stealth Book to work finally.
But I had a quick question, I need to change the IP address on my computer, but I have two. My brothers account was suspended as well but we both use different paypal accounts. So I will have to change the IP address on my laptop and my Desktop as well? Theyre both connected by the same router, so my laptop just uses the wireless connection, how would I go about it? and also I like to print shipping labels on my desktop so Ill have to use my paypal on my desktop, would I have to be changing Ip numbers everytime I log onto my laptop and my desktop? how would that work?
Old 06-15-2010

your best bet is to get a new ip from the router, i would also try to do the printing, paypal, ebay off of one computer so you can make sure you have an unique ip for everything you do