Paypal only? Since we're using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ mailing addy's ?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-07-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Paypal only? Since we're using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ mailing addy's ??

I'm trying to get a few ID's going but I think I'm running out of PO boxes near here.

Those of you who have ⊗⊗⊗⊗ addy's with ebay and paypal .. which forms of payment do you accept ? Paypal only ?

I'm asking because won't the buyers get suspicious if your addy on file with ebay is different than the addy they're asked to send payment to ?

And ...

With a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ addy on file with paypal - how do you get the debit card ? Or do you only send money to your bank account on file and not worry about getting a debit card from them ?

I've always had a real mailing addy so I've also had the paypal debit card. Please teach me to be EVIL :D so I can have some extra ID's going in case this current one gets canned.

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-07-2008

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateebaymorethanyou View Post
Those of you who have ⊗⊗⊗⊗ addy's with ebay and paypal .. which forms of payment do you accept ? Paypal only ?

And ...

With a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ addy on file with paypal - how do you get the debit card ? Or do you only send money to your bank account on file and not worry about getting a debit card from them ?
Luckily I have moved every 6 months or so over the last 8-9 years. I use alot of those old addresses that I didn't use for eb/pp. Im sure some of these addresses still get mail for me cause I never do a change of address w/ the PO, junk mail and bill collector stuff probably.

Also you HAVE to accept Paypal as a payment now. I wouldn't bother with the PP Debit Card.
Old 01-07-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks ... I can accept PP .. not a problem .. I just don't ever trust them with money since they freeze so many accounts and I hear they will sometimes do a reversal on money that you withdraw to your bank account.

I have always taken money out every few days with my debit card but if I use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ addy - I won't have a debit card to do that with.

I'm just wondering where checks and money orders will go if you use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ addy and not a PO box near you. ??

Maybe accepting ONLY paypal is the way to go. I have noticed there are more people doing that now and those people usually have under 20 feedback. They're probably one of us !
Old 01-07-2008

Longevity: 94%

Yeah accepting Paypal seems to be the bast way because it gives them what they want, and it seems to go more smoothly.

Most buyers (in my experience) will send checks and money orders where ever you tell them to. Just say your out of town or something like that and if they don't send to the address you give them it could really hold up shipping. Communicating with the customer is the real key. Get to them as soon as the bidding ends. If they trust you enough they will even send the money to an different Paypal thats in good standing and you can withdraw from. You can get around alot of the BS with good communication. Just make sure you get the item out immediately so the customer doesn't communicate with ebay about anything. Plus they will buy from you again especially if you sell niche items.

If they send it to a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ addy just hope it returns to them and you can tell them the correct address to send it to.

Getting money frozen is horrible. I had a reversal done once and it screwed up my bank account, but that was a few years ago when I could just call and complain till I could get it unfrozen.
Old 01-07-2008

Visiting family or caring for a sick relative. I used the recent ice storm in Iowa too.
Old 01-08-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Just use the same address for your eBay account and your PayPal account. Who cares if they're ⊗⊗⊗⊗?
Old 01-08-2008
Threadstarter  

If they send a check or money order to that ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address - *they* will care that they are ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

There is always one idiot in the bunch that has to complain about something - I'm trying to keep away from that one idiot .. and think ahead.