Trademark Infringement / /Copyright / VERO Issues - Cease & Desist letters. - Page 10 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%

Just ignore it. I used to remember getting lawyer emails back in the day. This was a long time ago though. There was this one dope who held the rights to something and wanted the profits from the 2 sales I made. People are so silly. Whoever this was, was pretty big and he's personally going after me over 2 sales I made on ebay? Jesus.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-05-2008

Longevity: 94%
Default VERO how to get around

I read somewhere on these forums ways to get around vero, can someone direct me where i can find this information?
Old 03-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Smile Where?

Under the main forum under suspension, there is info about vero. There is also
a tutorial on ebay about vero.Check that out if you need.
Old 03-05-2008

Longevity: 93%

again, this sound bloody stupid, if you have a pair of adidas shoes you want to sell then you should have the right to sell them, i think this vero bull**** is getting out of hand, cant sell your old adidas, nike, dvds, movies, clothes.... cant be man... this is just to much... if i had a pair of shoes i wanted to sell on ebay and they were threatening me for infringment of some sort id them them **** off :( now im pissed
Old 03-05-2008

You got that right, VeRo is BS. The are all jerseys I have collected and no longer want. I paid a lot of money for them and were selling for affordable price. They would not tell me why they thought they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Apparently they looked at a picture and deterimined it to be ⊗⊗⊗⊗. When I told them to elaborate they said it was "confidential." So now I'm wondering, If I have a yard sale will VeRo be hiding in the bushes?

This just happened. I had ordered 8 jerseys from overseas that were addressed to the address from suspended Ebay account. Both were detained at Customs and Border Patrol for being counterfeit. I am out the money for these jerseys. These were not even for sale. I don't understand why they are coming after me so hard. I've only sold 20-30 jerseys in the last year. WHO IS THIS F^&#$@* ADIDAS COUNSEL?
Old 03-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Thumbs up You?

Sava, I can not quite see you as a border guard. For a start that is hot horrible work and inhumane. Customs is not all it appears to be. You start off as a grunt and have to work your way up. Who want to climb all over the stinky smelly innards of a ship and check smelly cargo?

You are an true entrepreneur.
Old 03-06-2008

I asked about counter claim earlier on an older thread. I got responses that people didn't know and that if you do counter claim, the VERO could still VERO your items anyway.
Old 03-06-2008

I think they decided it was parallel inport because I photographed the items item was selling, and the packaging on the chinese spec (the ones I was selling) is different to the UK spec. So they could clearly see it was not the UK spec. However, all were 100% genuine, I even scanned in copies of the packaging and warranty to the IP owner.

But, got no response from them at all.

Where do I stand?
Old 03-06-2008

I heard one person on another forum claim they sent their lawyer out and got info on the vero person.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-29-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-06-2008

So this Gibney and associates represents Rolex? They are the same people threatening me for selling Reebok/Adidas products. They must represent every brand of every product. Maybe you know, How do they even get word of these listings? I sold part of my personal collection, maybe 20 pcs, and there coming after me. Why wouldn't they spend there time and money on someone moving more than 1 item every couple weeks? Does this Gibney Ass's handle all Ebay VeRo issues? I could go on all day about this. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI:
NFL Fan, well, a couple of things, YES< gibney is BIG.. Theyve found BIG Fishes, and this law firm is HUGE, they are the ones like u saw on TV with Julia Roberts, Erin Brockovich
--they have the lunches Catered in, etc,, BIG, LOTS of $$$$
--ANYHOW, when i called them direct, a girl answered, she asked me my screen name on ebay, then she yelled my screen name,(user id)--across the room, and someone said--yes, ive got it.. then she answered my questions,
that told me right there--they log u and watch that user id..
>>Rolex Dealer CLOCKs were always one of my Favorites, BIG money makers.. I could walk into my local A.D., (i have 2 within 30 minutes of me)-- sweet talk the manager, and walk out with one he had hanging in his front window for like $200,, I then would list it for 3 day weekend, and get $1500... I didnt even have to wipe the dust from the clock.. and its GONE! and it was a GUARANTEED seller!

>> Heres a note from them to me, (now EBAY does not care about clocks, they say theyre o.k.--passed every check)--
***BUT, NOTICE--- They Did NOT take it down because of ⊗⊗⊗⊗, as ebay states to me in their vero takedown, they take it down because its "secret", the PUBLIC should not have it in their hands,, Gibney offered me complete immunity in 2004 if I told them who i got my clocks from??
** The $1500 profits were NOT worth me loosing my friends over, and then that manager loosing his job, so i told them, i bought it from a retired dealers wife, from my Lions club meetings..
>>> AND, GIbney has paralegals, searching the auction sites from home,they use their Vero Tools on the ebay site, to take listings down,, its all very refined..
>>> BASICALLY--they MUST show Rolex, for that $75,000/month retainer--Here, we took down 450 listings on ebay, 100 on Amazon, etc, u see??

gafcounsel@gibney.com
July 18, 2007
Dear Ms. XXXXXXX:
We are general counsel to Rolex Watch U.S.A., Inc. (“Rolex”).
The Submariner wall clock you offered for sale on Ebay was removed because you are not authorized to sell it. Only Rolex certified jewelers are allowed to own and display Rolex wall clocks; these clocks are not authorized for resale under any circumstances.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Sincerely,
Gibney, Anthony & Flaherty, LLP
Old 03-06-2008

FYI... Here are the Allowed number of Violations per 2 months, based upon Power seller status:

Additionally, violations of any eBay policies may result in the loss of PowerSeller status. The following limits apply:

• Bronze
4 violations in a 60-day period
• Silver/Gold 5 violations in a 60-day period
• Platinum 6 violations in a 60-day period
• Titanium 7 violations in a 60-day period
Old 03-06-2008

I would ignore it, but if you wanted to kill two birds with one stone, give them the name of the foreign supplier who won't make good on your purchase of jerseys that was detained by customs.

VERO from that firm is like a scarlet letter. If you don't get another ID, it's with you forever and then EBAY will take down the listings themselves anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLFAN1975 View Post
You got that right, VeRo is BS. The are all jerseys I have collected and no longer want. I paid a lot of money for them and were selling for affordable price. They would not tell me why they thought they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Apparently they looked at a picture and deterimined it to be ⊗⊗⊗⊗. When I told them to elaborate they said it was "confidential." So now I'm wondering, If I have a yard sale will VeRo be hiding in the bushes?

This just happened. I had ordered 8 jerseys from overseas that were addressed to the address from suspended Ebay account. Both were detained at Customs and Border Patrol for being counterfeit. I am out the money for these jerseys. These were not even for sale. I don't understand why they are coming after me so hard. I've only sold 20-30 jerseys in the last year. WHO IS THIS F^&#$@* ADIDAS COUNSEL?
Old 03-06-2008

NFL:
Just a quick follow up... 2 years ago, I had purchased over $5,000 of Rolex memorobilia from Argentina.. The guy showed me pics, he showed me where he was a Rolex dealer, had cancer, was closing his shop.
-- I paid him via paypal. The goods were travelling via ups express. They got stopped in customs, to this day, the goods never turned up..
--He tells me, customs is dirty in his area, they wanted a bribe, so after 4 months, I told him I'd split it with him, he offered a customs guy like $1000.. still no goods. I dont know what ever happened, but I kinda feel
the guy was in it with the customs people , maybe?
-- He was stupid (i thought)-- to pack everything into 1 box, to begin with, it weighed like 90 pounds..
-- The goods were not someting u see everyday, so i dont know what customs would do with A ROLEX ashtray, or a rolex watch stand for a counter?
** One other time, i had purchased a Breitling cap/hat from the Phillipines, the lady seemed real nice, said her son got the watch, didnt wear caps..
--She only took Western Union, I paid her, I saw the package moving through the diff cities, Customs stopped it, the hat was "disposed of" they said...
-- They said that the Shipper + Receiver abandoned the pkg, which was garbage... But they disposed of it... I PERSONNALLY think the customs guy is wearing it )
Old 03-07-2008

If we see a Customs worker wearing a Breitling hat and a Marion Barber Pro Bowl jersey we'll have solved our problem.
Old 03-09-2008

Geeze... I had something similar to happen to me. I was selling theater systems online 4 years ago and the company came after me. Was told that all systems were not to be sold on ebay. no acceptions. :(
Old 03-09-2008

May sound a bit silly but I found w/VeRO items, if I listed the item and just slightly misspelled that item, I had no problems & item did sell w/great feedback from buyer. Something to think about.
Old 03-09-2008

I listed some Vero, no where in the title or descripiton was the brand name and there were no logos or tags showing in the photos, still got pulled and suspensded.
Old 03-10-2008

ebayhateluv where does it say "they have to serve /file the cease order, it must be served on you at the address on file, a physical address, then they forward that to ebay. **P.S. They have 10 days to get all this done...." ? I got VEROED I contacted the company and never got a reply untill I emailed them every day for 2 weeks and got a reply then got Suspended the same day they emaild me. I got the Cease and Deceast 2 weeks later by email. Is there anything I might be able to do?
Old 03-10-2008

Hi-cease and decist via email is generic...The counter claim causes a series of actions..It is then,that the Dig Millen act of service kicks in..If u file it without warrant/cause..they will take u down..u must have authentic items..
Old 03-10-2008

Hi-if u a reg.member-u can pm me..I will share more. I know this stuff + more Factual.
Old 03-13-2008

Same w/ me. No brand name, no logos or tags shown in pics. I even abbreviated team names. Won't tell me why they think jerseys are counterfeit because that info is "classified". They are threatening legal action and still won't tell me what is wrong w/ the items. They want me to forfeit all jerseys in my possesion, pay them $750 for their "trouble" and give them my supplier. I don't have a supplier. Every jersey I've collected was purchased on Ebay but now I can't resell them.
Closed Thread