eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   FIRST QUESTION WHEN FILLING OUT NEW EBAY ACCOUNT?..Aspkin (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/377-first-question-when-filling-out-new-ebay-account-aspkin.html)

ebay100 05-01-2007 08:19 AM

FIRST QUESTION WHEN FILLING OUT NEW EBAY ACCOUNT?..Aspkin

Name and Address ? both must be different correct?

How do you fill this out.. yes I know different name but the address?
can you use a Po Box? or?

Studying /Planning ..want to do this right first time...

EB100 :rolleyes:

pieter grant 05-01-2007 09:58 AM

Hi, My take on what Aspkin says (and it sounds correct) is that you can use any address so long as its in the same area as your IP and you dont sign up to a regular monthly direct debit arrangement. Ebay will take payment from the card for fees without checking the address (unless you sign a dd form) BUT in the Uk card handlers input the address number and area code number so to be on the safe side if ur in UK keep the numbers but ditch the letters in the post code. However, bank staff tell me that Ebay only use the number on the front because over time the other numbers change with each card issued. I dont know what the position is in the US but when you give ur card details over the phone in the UK you give ur door number and two numbers in ur post or area code to prove the purchase was made by the buyer who knows the registered address. But the indications are that Ebay dont go that far but if they do then so what? My friend I reckon address is unimportant to card payments unless you sign a direct debit agreement (I dont know the US term for this) Think about it- when you give your details over the phone they never ask for you full address do they?! The payment will go through even with a bogus address. Am I right or am I right? Can someone say otherwise?

pieter grant 05-01-2007 10:06 AM

Hi, When I say address is unimportant I mean it can be fictitious if you want- of course it has to be different from your old address because you will be recognised

aspkin 05-01-2007 02:16 PM

You'll never want to use the same information twice with eBay so yes the name and address have to be different. The name can be whatever you want. The address should be a real address near your area.

jamesy 05-01-2007 02:28 PM

I just make up the addresses - usually by finding the address of an apartment block through an realtor website in my area. I put the main building address but no individual apartment number. I also have a habit of using the realtor's fax number as the phone number for ebay registration.

when it comes to building up feedback, I buy 7-8 items for around $2 (usually address stickers, badges, skateboard stickers etc), have them sent to the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address and just write off the cost.

within a week I have enough feedback to start selling with buy it nows and never buy anything else after that. for the seller account CC i use gift cards such as simon.com

have registered and set up at least 10 accounts doing it this way. no problems with this so far ;)

FeeBay Balling 05-01-2007 03:13 PM

Your addresses should never match anything you have done in the past. PO Boxes are great for this.

ebay100 05-02-2007 08:59 AM

Thank You

Now I have a new Paypal ..diff name etc. than ever before ,can I use this to ship but will that link it? if so is it ok?

I know Asp said do not link it for payment of Ebay fees but what about shipping?

EB100:cool:

CPUGEEK 05-02-2007 04:47 PM

True that.. They willl freeze your butt so quick and hard you'll be wishing for hell

ebay100 05-02-2007 10:30 PM

It is a legit one ...just new PP account..

with all new info.. and wanting to use shipping feature and I can tie it in if all is new correct?

EB100

SushiLover 05-07-2007 11:15 PM

Payment Address on ebay

Hi to all.

I have opened my new account using aspkin's guide, awesome information.
I toook your advice on crating a new e-bay seller's account with a different address and it worked great, but now how do I do to take money orders as payment on e-bay when the address I gave is not mine or anyone I know? Should I just stick to getting paid with paypal or can I add my actual address on e-bay for to get payment via money order? Please help