Help with buying account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-13-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Help with buying account

I had been buying and selling on ebay for 10 years and was recently suspended. I just opened a new buying account and tried to place a bid on an item, but ebay is requiring that I verify my identity with my cc. How can I do this? TIA
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - did you make sure to keep the account stealth and UNLINKED to your old account? I would not bother continuing with this account if not well done. Why were you suspended? We can discuss more - other folx will chime in later too.
Old 11-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, I did keep the stealth account unlinked until I had linked my paypal to this new buying account. I think I just realized my mistake. I had thought my paypal account would not have been linked if I had added a new email address to my paypal account. Could this be the reason? I had opened two disputes for two items in the past month that were not as described and ebay suspended me.
Old 11-13-2011

Longevity: 75%

It's all toast I'm afraid - time to start again
Old 11-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
It's all toast I'm afraid - time to start again
Thank you Granny for you advice. I'm so mad that I have to start all over again. Ebay is so unfair.
Old 11-13-2011

thanks God I first got banned after a month only! nevertheless, that cost me a lot of nerves. if it was after 10 years that would give me a hart attack. keep fingers crossedfor you shopshoes to get over it!
Old 11-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by durdajan View Post
thanks God I first got banned after a month only! nevertheless, that cost me a lot of nerves. if it was after 10 years that would give me a hart attack. keep fingers crossedfor you shopshoes to get over it!
Thank you durdajan. I'm so glad I found this forum.
Old 11-13-2011

you will be fine, time beatseverything)
Old 11-13-2011

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopshoes View Post
I had been buying and selling on ebay for 10 years and was recently suspended. I just opened a new buying account and tried to place a bid on an item, but ebay is requiring that I verify my identity with my cc. How can I do this? TIA
Unless something has changed recently, you should just be able to clear your cookies and change your ip for a new buying account. Unless you are placing a bid over 10K. It is the selling accounts that are a little harder.
Old 11-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopshoes View Post
Thank you for your feedback. Yes, I did keep the stealth account unlinked until I had linked my paypal to this new buying account. I think I just realized my mistake. I had thought my paypal account would not have been linked if I had added a new email address to my paypal account. Could this be the reason? I had opened two disputes for two items in the past month that were not as described and ebay suspended me.
Sad to say that workaround stopped in mid 2007. Mind some of use had a good run with it.

Also the fact that you opened two disputes makes ebay 'nervous'.

My feeling is it's these in combination that caused the suspension.

Now that you have found the forum, here's a few tips.

Avoid anything that LINKS you. You need to be a new you.

Be aware that ebay from this time of year will be a lot harder on new accounts.

If you must buy, and I know how tempting it is, look very carefully at a seller's feedback AND the item description. As an ebayer of 10 years, you would know how sellers tell stories about their items

Should you start again, run a plan by us first so we can tweak it & maybe help you not have troubles
Old 11-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Sad to say that workaround stopped in mid 2007. Mind some of use had a good run with it.

Also the fact that you opened two disputes makes ebay 'nervous'.

My feeling is it's these in combination that caused the suspension.

Now that you have found the forum, here's a few tips.

Avoid anything that LINKS you. You need to be a new you.

Be aware that ebay from this time of year will be a lot harder on new accounts.

If you must buy, and I know how tempting it is, look very carefully at a seller's feedback AND the item description. As an ebayer of 10 years, you would know how sellers tell stories about their items

Should you start again, run a plan by us first so we can tweak it & maybe help you not have troubles
GreenBean, thank you so much for your great advice. Yes, I agree with you about ebay being nervous because I opened two disputes. It was my fault for not checking the sellers feedback first. I will always check the sellers feedback now, before I buy anything on ebay. I now realize I did make a mistake by linking my paypal account to my new buyer account. Ebay must have linked my paypal account to my new buyer account. I thought ebay would not have linked my paypal account, because I had added a new primary email address. I did not realize ebay could see my email addresses on my paypal account. I can't believe how difficult ebay is making it to open a buyer account now. I guess I will need to open a new paypal account. I really appreciate your help and before i try to open another new buyer account I will post my plan on this forum.