EBAY Suspending All New Accounts??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-15-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Exclamation EBAY Suspending All New Accounts???

I have followed the instructions here (adding in a couple of my own regarding cookies and opening of emails, specifically, not opening EBAY emails) and opened several accounts the last few months. One got suspended for abuse of ebay after using a third party listing service. I no longer use these.

Over the past several days, I created two new accounts the same way I always have. Simon visa account. List a real simple item or two for sale (in my case usually a music CD).

Two accounts in a row were suspended immediately. They were both opened through AOL. No reason given, just the standard thing about abusing EBAY. Can't see how selling a music CD is abusing EBAY. None have been associated with any other account I own.

When I asked customer support, they don't even respond to these accounts.

Are any of you out there seeing similar things? Does EBAY have some new rule now to suspend anyone that sells without buying first or anyone that sells DVDs or Music as the first listed items?

Could they be suspending all new seller accounts that are instituted through AOL? Could they be suspending all new seller accounts that uses Simon? What is the deal here? Right now, the instructions on this site for opening a new account no longer work, so what are they doing differently?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-15-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

There's really no rime or reason. I think they are suspending all new seller accounts in general. Soon you won't be able to open new seller accounts unless you show up in person with id at their HQ. This should stop all the "fraud" on their site. Until then you might want to wait a few weeks before you list something. If you list right away you'll be suspended for abusing ebay.
Old 05-15-2007
Threadstarter  

Do you know this for a fact? I don't see anyone else posting here regarding this issue. Are they suspending all accounts now? That sounds really risky for EBAY. It would filter out the people they want to filter out, but it would stall all new accounts for no reason whatsoever. And they also say they will suspend all affiliated accounts etc. What if they associate it with an existing account and a new user was just setting up an account to sell toilet paper.

GBAY, when are you coming?
Old 05-15-2007
Executive [VIP]

I wouldn't count on google. Look at their payment system. They're close if not worse than paypal. Not to mention you also have to fork over your SSN to them for no reason. Don't be surprised if you need to fork over your SSN just to buy something much less sell. That's how yahoo auctions are right now and they just got bought by google.

As for ebay I have no idea but it's pretty obvious they are filtering ppl out on a massive scale. It was never this hard just to sell something before.
Old 05-15-2007

ebay isn't suspending all new seller accounts. I hate to say but you are doing something wrong.

Where are you located( Different country then USA?)...

I created 3 seller accounts within the last week and I listed ASAP and I havent got suspended.
Old 05-15-2007

I agree with CPU that they are not suspending all new accounts although I think it might have something to do with the category you are posting in. Seeing as DVDs, CDs are easily bootlegged now this might be why.

I had an account suspended for abusing and when I asked why they did respond with:

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your suspension.

Your account was suspended under the "Abusing eBay" section of the eBay
User Agreement. This section states that eBay may suspend a user's
account if we think that the user is creating problems (legal or
otherwise) or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our
policies.

To have your account considered for reinstatement, please fax us both of
the following:

- *Completed* Request for Reinstatement form (To be processed, the form
must the include User ID and email address of the suspended account that
you're appealing, as well as a working phone number.)
- Copy of your driver's license or other government issued ID with your
name and address clearly visible

Also include *one* of the following:

- Copy of a recent credit card statement (copy of the actual credit card
is not acceptable)
- Copy of a recent bank statement
- Copy of a recent utility bill

To print a copy of the Request for Reinstatement form, go to:

eBay.com - SafeHarbor Request for Reinstatement

I have created other accounts with no problems and have been allowing the names to grow with feedback before I start to sell. The account that got whacked I tried listing DVDs with 0 feedback and possibly can be why.
Old 05-15-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Doing Nothing Different...

than I ever have. Getting a new Simon Visa Account. Setting up a new EBAY account. Registering to sell. Selling one or two cheap items.

Done.

The new account has a new address (email and mail). Cookies were deleted (and if they weren't it would have been suspension by association, which it was not). IP Address cannot be the same because I am using AOL.

This is exactly the same procedure I have followed for months. I know I am doing nothing wrong, or at least not different from what I have done.

Within 8 hours, the account gets suspended for abusing EBAY. Appeals are ignored.
Old 05-15-2007
Threadstarter  

Default I tried again, suspended a 3rd time...

has nothing to do with DVDs or anything else. They have suspended 3 accounts now all opened with different IP Addresses, all opened with new Simon accounts.

Not one has had any association with the other.

On the third account, I listed a household item at a normal auction price with normal shipping charges. No DVDs or Music.

Boom, 3 hours, suspended.

None of my older accounts used in the same exact fashion from the same exact computer have had any issues whatsoever. Only new accounts.

Something very fishy is going on here.
Old 05-15-2007

You still never told us what country your from? That may have something to do with it?
Old 05-15-2007
Threadstarter  

Default US of A...

unless my state annexed recently. LOL.
Old 05-15-2007

ebay will never give anyone a reason. I wonder what would happen if you say "I'll only give you this information if you first tell me the real reason I got suspended". I've asked for the real reason and ebay just sends the form letter asking for personal information.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-15-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

It's complicated. There are many variables to deal with to create a successfully account. If you mess up any of these variables you'll get nailed. A new user, who's never created an account before will 99% of the time create a successful account. Ask you self what does a new user do, that I'm not doing?

Believe it or not, eBay monitors your every step once you enter their site. Which pages you visit, which links your click, how long you're on a page and more. They have a multi million dollar fraud detection system. If they find that you're doing something consistent with other suspended users. Trying to get back on eBay using same methods of a suspended user, they'll list your account in that category and will take action listed as abusing eBay. They don't know 100% that you're doing something wrong unless you blatantly mess up when creating an account for example using a suspended ip address, but they have a hunch you're a bad egg. And that's why they sometimes ask for more information about you.

Remember what I wrote with my original guides. You have to act like a brand new user. Everything must be different from another account. Play by the rules, and take your time and you'll make it.

EBay is a complicated system. You'll sometimes run into abusing eBay after abusing eBay suspensions. Take some time off, and start again. If you count on eBay as your only source for sales, you need to look at alternatives to keep your business or whatever you do going when and if you lose your account again.
Old 05-15-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Google did not buy Yahoo Auctions...

where in the heck did you get that? Or the nickname ballsack, which sounds like something a 12 year old would think funny?

Google already set up GBASE, an obvious platform for auction. I don't care if Google asks me for personal information to sell on GBAY. I will gladly tell them all my personal info. Never had a problem giving it to EBAY, until they suspended me for no reason and even after absolutely proving who I was refused to reinstate the account.

I think Google will be much more reasonable. And ANY legitimate competition to EBAY will help with fees, seller abuse, etc. As long as EBAY is the only show in town, they can screw anyone any way they please.

Google's approach has been methodical. Get Google Checkout in place. Start its use to get people on board and comfortable with it. Create GBASE. Let the internet use it free to sell stuff and for other purposes. Debug the search engine and the tools necessary to bring it to total viability.

Now, introduce an auction site. Layer it over GBASE. Integrate it well with Google search so their auction items show up on Google Search before EBAYs items. And integrate Google Search and database Search into GBAY.

I think this is a cake walk for Google. Look at the Market Cap of EBAY. They can create a company the equivalent of EBAY now with minimal overhead.

If Google doesn't do it, they are stupid. And take my word for it. Google management is not stupid.
Old 05-15-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Aspkin, do you know remember me?

I mean, no offense, but that response was for a newbie. I appreciate it, but it says basically nothing for someone doing this for months.

I have opened several accounts perfectly over the last several months. I showed you guys how beacons and the like are used to track you. And I have been on here for months. My wife and friends have all opened new accounts using these techniques over the past several months. None have seen these problems.

The new accounts were perfect. New IP Address. New Simon Credit Card. New User Name. New Address/Phone Number. New everything, except a paypal account to which I just added the new email addresses.

Same for each of 3 new accounts. I listed several music CDs in each of the first two. Both were suspended within four hours. I listed a normal household item in the 3rd. Suspended within 3 hours.

In no case were there residual cookies, any connection via IP Address, nor any name/account/address association. And none of my other accounts created based on your site and a few extra safety precautions were impacted.

Saying "it is complicated" doesn't address the new problem here. Something changed.
Old 05-15-2007

I see that Most people on here are not listing to Aspkin!

We have told you over and over again the deal with that. You are doing things that is suspect and consistent with a fraud/supsended seller..

YOU have to act BRAND NEW!!!!!!!!!!!! You cant just open a new account a list a cd..LOl Ebay already caught on to that! They know you will just list a cd and then list normal expensive items a week later....

Geez.. How old are yaw.. I suspect that yaw are teenagers...
Old 05-15-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Pretty Geeky Response...

without any meat.

All newbies typically list inexpensive items first to build up their feedback. If you are trying to look like a newbie, what do you do? Go on and list a new 61" Panasonic TV?

If you have some useful suggestions or anything intelligent to contribute, please feel free.

How about telling us your approach to opening an account and what you list initially?
Old 05-15-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Let me clearly define what I did for each account...

suspended and you tell me what went wrong. Before I proceed with the steps below I create a new email account and link it to my paypal account.

1. Get a new Simon Visa Account.
2. Connect to AOL. Clean all cookies and other history info.
3. Connect to EBAY through AOL. Register as a new user with the new email address created above.
4. Enter the new user's info and start off by selling an item.
5. When it asks for the credit card, enter the Simon Account.
6. If it asks for a bank account (note it always used to ask, but doesn't seem to always ask anymore) I enter it as per Aspkins instructions.
7. I then list my item. Typically a simple first item (as most newbies would do) a music CD, or a book or some basic household item found commonly on EBAY.

This procedure has worked for me for months and just stopped working today. There is something they are keying on. I just can't figure out what.
Old 05-15-2007
Executive [VIP]

Wait, is this the same paypal account you've linked previously suspended ebay accounts to? You're literally creating a link to yourself thru that paypal account. This does not mean that's the reason why you're getting suspended but it's easily the most damning.
Old 05-15-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Could you get an adult ID? Sorry...

but I did not use the same paypal account as on any suspended account.

Also, Aspkin specifically says to just add email addresses to your existing paypal account and not worry about that.

If that were an issue, then every time you got suspended (even like on the trial accounts I lost today) you would need new bank accounts, etc.

Aspkin makes no such claim. He says to just add the new email account to the existing paypal account, but to NEVER make it the primary email on that paypal account or link it to your EBAY auction account.

Aspkin, correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

That's correct. It's the easiest way to create an eBay account without a new Paypal account. I haven't heard anything about it not working though. And yes I remember you ebayaintstupid, you're a rebel.
Old 05-16-2007
Threadstarter  

Default I think they are suspending new accounts because...

of Yahoo. Not sure, but someone else has to try to know for sure.

I take it we will see confirmations come in from others as time progresses.

Would be good to know if anyone has successfully opened a new EBAY sellers account and listed items since May 15.
Old 05-16-2007

I just opened a new seller account yesterday night and I listing some dating cds and dvd's. So far so good