Open Invitation To An Ebay Employee - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #23  
Old 09-05-2007
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
His story falls apart here though



and then he switched gears and said he works for T&S. T&S is definitely not "customer service" and customer service has nothing to do with suspending accounts.

If he works for EBAY at all, I doubt it is in T&S. The tone of his posts appear to be more along the lines of "I heard tell" than empirical evidence.
Crash course on eBay Customer Service heirarchy:

Customer Service
/ \
General Support (GS) Trust and Safety (TnS)
/ \ / \
Billing GS Community Watch (CW) Safe Harbor (SH)

In case the chart doesn't speak for itself, GS is essentially subdivided into a Billing section and a GS section. Billing is obvious. GS basically answers 'how to' questions. How to list, how to add features, blah blah you can figure it out.

TnS is subdivided into Community Watch (VeRo, List Practices (LP), etc), basically removing individual listings (sometimes suspending accounts) for specific *listings* or listing violations. So this would be like VeRo which I think you all know, or LP which are the more 'minor' violations like putting an outside website which is unrelated, asking for off site transactions, etc.

Safe Habor on the other hand deals with things such as previously suspended users, "high risk" accounts as Modee was talking about in another thread, sellers or buyers who aren't completing transactions or scamming and lots of other suspensions which I'm sure you're all familiar with too.

So I work for Customer Service, but I don't work in GS. I can also work in TnS but know nothing about the other half of TnS. As with myself I'm more of a Safe Harbor kinda guy, but I have passing familiarity with CW, and, well, I can always ask a fellow employee should I not know something.

I hope this makes sense.

PS, Modee, I appreciate the compliment on my English, but you should try to google and find out where the eBay CS centers are. Other than our outsourcing groups which handle only minor issues, the 3 major ones are all in North America, generally in multicultural areas -- which may explain the accents and the english.

*edit* My chart didn't come out with all the spaces as it looked when I wrote it, so I dunno how to fix it, but hopefully you guys can get it
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #24  
Old 09-05-2007
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel_01 View Post
To be honest i think I know who you are and you dont ban accounts. I have my sister do a checkup on folks web address and where they go. You work in customer service in a low level place also you dont do much except try to calm down customers. On top of that you dont work in T and S since T and S does not talk to anyone. Also you dont do the banning I tell you that right now its bots that do the banning. Also once your banned your banned you cant get reinstated even if you send in the info needed. I only know this becuase of my sister and I had to talk to some customer service ebay about it how they couldnt do nothing to reinstate my old account they didnt know why i got banned with good feedback no trace of anything. So why dont you go across the street to the mcdonalds and have a big mac and think things over about your level career at ebay making 20k/year yes that is your salary. :D
Ooooookay. This is lovely. You have a sister...thanks buddy. Let's dissect the problems with your so-called argument.

1) "I have my sister do a checkup on folks web address and where they go."

-What is my web address exactly? Where would you get this information from? Even if you got my email address attached to this forum account, it's a complete bogus one with no traceback to who I am. So unless your sister is somehow tracing my IP back to the ISP and then somehow getting my personal information from it (which I highly doubt), you're really never going to find out who I am. Actually, it wouldn't even matter because this internet account isn't even in my name, lol.

2) "You work in customer service in a low level place "

-Yes, I work in customer service, as I've said the whole time. And yes, in a low level place, because as you may expect customer service, for almost any company, is a very low level position. What do you expect? Do you really think I'd be here if I were a high level executive?

3) "Also you dont do the banning I tell you that right now its bots that do the banning. "

-No. They don't. I've already explained to you there are very few suspensions that bots perform. If you don't believe me, ask your "sister" who somehow knows everything. In fact if you have this sister on the inside, why are you even here, she should be able to clear everything up for you?

4) "once your banned your banned you cant get reinstated even if you send in the info needed."

-That's strange, considering I've reinstated hundreds of accounts who've sent in the information I asked for. I've also kept hundreds of accounts suspended because they didn't send what I asked for or kept violating policies.

5) "So why dont you go across the street to the mcdonalds and have a big mac and think things over about your level career at ebay making 20k/year yes that is your salary."

-That's quite mature. How old did you say you were again? Not that I'd ever want to get into an argument about salary, or say that eBay pays highly, but they certainly pay quite a bit higher than 20k/year.

I hope I've sufficiently answered your questions.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-05-2007
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
In this case the account was banned because the account wasn't paid. I had a mofo buyer who left me a negative who has since moved on and didn't respond to the dispute. Which is lucky because trying to have the negative removed by ebay directly was less than successful. Now the only thing, presumably, keeping me from using that account is a small balance to be paid. This is worth doing IF the account will be reinstated immediately once payment is made. And if changing the username promptly afterward won't result in more problems.

I don't plan on selling immediately with it, but no sense wasting a good account if the bill is small and that's the only problem.
Jack, what is your total feedback for selling and how many negative feedbacks do you have for selling?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-05-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
One (just one) of my accounts was reinstated on appeal, but that was a bogus one! Go figure - the first one (with all real info) was never reinstated after appeal.

The guy does not know how it works - he seems to think that all you have to do is submit your info and you are back in. More reason to doubt that he works in T&S. Another reason - his English is too good! Every single T&S person (other than the top dogs) I have ever managed to receive a phone call from, or hear their voice mail, is so thick with an accent that I cannot understand them. They all have foreign first names too, mostly Greek or Eastern European. Check it out.
lmao modee. So true. And tcho, you're in the UK. I can see your ip. Just wanted to tell you that you're not as anonymous as you think you are. Rapunzel I checked out your account, you really were suspended for no good reason. That sucks, hope you got back on.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-05-2007
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko07 View Post
lmao modee. So true. And tcho, you're in the UK. I can see your ip. Just wanted to tell you that you're not as anonymous as you think you are.
ROFL..good try but I'm definitely not in or from the UK...feel free to venture more guesses.

Besides, it seems you missed the point of my earlier post. I never claimed full anonymity or that it wasn't possible to trace my IP (of course it is, although you apparantly didn't trace it correctly). It was that rapunzel_01 claimed to know who I am, so much so that he had his sister somehow check up on me and knows where I work and what position. He is, of course, blatantly false too, but who cares right? Hate on the eBay guy!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-06-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I am new in the community and I have been suspended from ebay for a very stupid reason (as all of us) and I would like to ask tcho if there is a way we can prove to Ebay that they were wrong in suspending? Is there an appeal procedure? I have been suspended as I was trying to sell my original Louis Vuitton bag bought from Harrods in 1997. I had varios pictures in the listing, which any expert would be able to see that this was an authentic item. They removed the lisiting. I was very angry and I put it back on again and they suspended me saying that I was infringing trademarks. I can still prove that the bag was original, because it is still in my possesion. So they suspended me for 7 days and I was not allowed to log in to Ebay at all, but I had another account in which I was selling some stuff which was going to finish that day. I had to log into that account to be able to post the items to customers that have paid for them. So what happened? Ebay suspended all my accounts for 12 months!!!!! That is really ackward! I tried to e-mail over and over again and they do not want to know.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-06-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

yeah same question, but only i was selling authentic louis vuitton purses that I bought from China. Hey they even came with a receipt stating they were originally purchased in 1997 (must have been a good year for louis eh?). Anyway it seems that when you buy in bulk, you get some kind of big discount, because no way did the purses cost me 1200 bucks like in the store. please advise.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-06-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Those purses are ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Thats why you were suspended from Ebay. Ebay didn\'t do anything wrong, you did. Designer purses from china = ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I know of some suppliers that can even ⊗⊗⊗⊗ the receipt to. Didn\'t mean to harm your day but its the truth.

And you can buy those designer purses in bulk. You just can\'t. So if I were you I would find a new item to sale because that isn\'t going to cut it on Ebay
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 09-06-2007
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

suspended_for_no_reason: Yeah, you'd get suspended for listing the same item again when they removed it the first time.

As for your other account which was suspended, IF you hadn't listed anything new on the account after your other one was suspended, then email in and very clearly explain that. Don't write a long rambling email, just clearly explain that the listings on your other account were already up when you were suspended, and you were in no way using the account after the suspension.

Hopefully, if you get a half competent appeals rep, they'll double check on it and not apply a 12 month period. Of course if you did list something new after your original suspension you're screwed.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-06-2007
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
yeah same question, but only i was selling authentic louis vuitton purses that I bought from China. Hey they even came with a receipt stating they were originally purchased in 1997 (must have been a good year for louis eh?). Anyway it seems that when you buy in bulk, you get some kind of big discount, because no way did the purses cost me 1200 bucks like in the store. please advise.
Like whatiswrongwithebay said, they're ⊗⊗⊗⊗. You don't buy LV purses in bulk, especially from China. Sorry
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-06-2007
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,397
Thanks: 14
Thanked 29 Times in 28 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

There are certain items that are absolutely red flags and LV is one of them.
If you have a receipt from an authorized LV dealer you might scan that and include it in any listing from now on. Unfortunately, that purse is tainted and you will have to write a different description. take new pics, etc. or it will just get any newly created account "associated" with the already banned ones.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-06-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Oh btw TCHO, I did do some more venturing and was able to successfully find your IP. Does Canada sound familiar to you? Don't even try to deny it. I'm looking at it right now, haha. How anonymous do you feel now?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-06-2007
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko07 View Post
Oh btw TCHO, I did do some more venturing and was able to successfully find your IP. Does Canada sound familiar to you? Don't even try to deny it. I'm looking at it right now, haha. How anonymous do you feel now?
Congrats 2nd try's a charm I suppose eh. However, out of 30 million people you have it narrowed down to, I'm feeling pretty anonymous still. Please continue
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-06-2007
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,397
Thanks: 14
Thanked 29 Times in 28 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcho View Post
Congrats 2nd try's a charm I suppose eh. However, out of 30 million people you have it narrowed down to, I'm feeling pretty anonymous still. Please continue
You might still be anonymous, but now you have been exposed
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-06-2007
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,397
Thanks: 14
Thanked 29 Times in 28 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

He should move to Nigeria and gain some credibility
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-06-2007
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Well, not to be offensive, but fraud is rampant in Canada so this is probably why he is so suspicious of anyone. Canadians are known "confidence tricksters" to use the Brit term.
ROFL I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not...
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-06-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 131
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcho View Post
As for your other account which was suspended, IF you hadn't listed anything new on the account after your other one was suspended, then email in and very clearly explain that. Don't write a long rambling email, just clearly explain that the listings on your other account were already up when you were suspended, and you were in no way using the account after the suspension.
I got suspended with one account and did nothing but REMOVE a listing from another account to comply with suspension and I got permanently banned for using another account. I explained this and ebay didn't give a rats a**
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-06-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

why would it be sarcasm, he is right you know. In my ebay noob days I tried to buy a laptop (m1210) from a Canadian and he said he would sell it to me for $900 (lol, oh the ignorance of me). He lead me on saying that he needed money fast for his trip to Europe so he would only do the deal via WU. Sent me a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ invoice and everything. "Confidence Tricksters" they are, but not saying all Canadians are like that. Just Modee is right, ask any Brit.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-06-2007
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

While I'm not very concerned, I find it a little odd that my IP would have gotten out. The way I understand it the only people that'd have access to my IP from the forum would be if a mod/admin gave it to them. Sounds like either Modee of Aspkin have been giving away some information they probably shouldn't...hmmmmm
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-06-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

haha, it's okay tcho. You don't need to be freaked, I won't get anything else from your computer. Well more like I can't get anything else from your computer. I got a neat little program that allows me to see these things...not exactly hacking but I don't know what you would call it. But the IP address is the limit, and your mac address of course. Then all I had to do was track down the geographical location, well the program did it. So don't **** your pants just yet, I can't get all your information :D lol.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-06-2007
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,397
Thanks: 14
Thanked 29 Times in 28 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko07 View Post
haha, it's okay tcho. You don't need to be freaked, I won't get anything else from your computer. Well more like I can't get anything else from your computer. I got a neat little program that allows me to see these things...not exactly hacking but I don't know what you would call it. But the IP address is the limit, and your mac address of course. Then all I had to do was track down the geographical location, well the program did it. So don't **** your pants just yet, I can't get all your information :D lol.
Open up tcho, I think the next thing yoko07's neat little program is going to do is swab the inside of your mouth for a complete DNA profile :D
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-06-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 230
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcho View Post
While I'm not very concerned, I find it a little odd that my IP would have gotten out. The way I understand it the only people that'd have access to my IP from the forum would be if a mod/admin gave it to them. Sounds like either Modee of Aspkin have been giving away some information they probably shouldn't...hmmmmm
ip address programs can find you easy too easy by IP address dont worry bro your safe...IP done mean sheit in this world. Keep up the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ work at T and S....oh please get my account reinstated its: rapunzel_01 I have 3 negatives due to idiots and over 1000 plus positives.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58