MC019 eBay listing removed for Facebook likes - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-04-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default MC019 eBay listing removed for Facebook likes

Hi!

Can someone shed some light on this issue please?

I know it is forbidden to sell facebook likes on eBay.com and probably few other local eBays.

I am selling on eBay.de and there are a lot of listings, from a lot of different sellers, selling facebook likes. Most of them have been doing this for at least 12 months and longer.

Here are a few examples:
200709504104
270843461319
330869644245
and there are many many others.

So I made a few listings just likes these. They were online for about 2-3 days and then got removed for MC019!! I now have a 7 day ban for listing new items!

Can someone explain me why my listings get removed and the others stay up for months without any problems? I did not use any "facebook" logo. I only used "facebook likes" in the description, like the other sellers. Is it facebook that reports these to eBay, or are the others sellers reporting me?

I wanted to ask here first. Donīt realy want to contact eBay about this and draw attention to my account.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 03-04-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 23
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Well you now know the reason why your listing got removed so everything else is pointless. You should try to follow eBay's listing policies if you want to make money in the long term.

Me telling you how they get away with it will not help the situation at all, so I suggest you forget this cheap money making idea you have and start selling proper tangible goods.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-04-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophecy View Post
Well you now know the reason why your listing got removed so everything else is pointless. You should try to follow eBay's listing policies if you want to make money in the long term.

Me telling you how they get away with it will not help the situation at all, so I suggest you forget this cheap money making idea you have and start selling proper tangible goods.

Well, the thing is, it is allowed to sell digital goods on ebay.de.

You say there is a way to get away with it? Could you please share it? I bet there are some other members who would find this info usefull too.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-06-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 70
Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
iTrader: (0)
Default

He never said he knows how they get away with it. he said him telling you changes nothing. its crazy i see people listing mulitple beats a day. I dont worry about it i just keep moving with what i can do.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-06-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 363
Thanks: 136
Thanked 50 Times in 37 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (0)
Default

It is probably your competition reporting you. If you are listing these not so ebay friendly items on a new account that could also be the problem.

If you are going to list risky items it is better to gain a little ebay trust first, then they won't care as much.

Good luck
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-06-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 337
Thanks: 10
Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Competitors!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-07-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 38
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

This probably isn't the advice you want to hear but it will prevent you from getting banned

Don't waste your time trying to outsmart the system. There are hundreds if not thousands of other people trying to and there will always be a handful of people who know something that you do not. eBay is a great way to legitimately make income and it is silly to jeopardize that so you can make a few bucks selling "Facebook Likes" or whatever

The removal of your listing is most likely a combination of competitors reporting it and eBay proactively searching for them.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-08-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default

The account was about 8 months old, and Iīve been selling digital products from day 1. It had 600+ feedback and only about 6 negative.

Never had any problem on ebay.de. Only when I listed the Facebook Likes, they got removed and my eBay and PayPal account banned. I already opened a few new stealth accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-08-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

The removal probably has little to do with competitors. You were randomly flagged in their system for selling digital goods, which forced the removal of your items. You were seriously banned after one policy violation? You didn't relist the item and get multiple violations?

Only way I know around it is to use another account with another name/address/PP and limit the number of items per listing although you can often sell hundreds before the bot checks up on your account.

Don't stop selling though if it's profitable enough. Don't give in to eBay's limited policies.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-09-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eColi View Post
The removal probably has little to do with competitors. You were randomly flagged in their system for selling digital goods, which forced the removal of your items. You were seriously banned after one policy violation? You didn't relist the item and get multiple violations?

Only way I know around it is to use another account with another name/address/PP and limit the number of items per listing although you can often sell hundreds before the bot checks up on your account.

Don't stop selling though if it's profitable enough. Don't give in to eBay's limited policies.

No, there must be something else going on. I tried to list facebook likes on that account 2 times before. But I listed only 1 item and it got removed after 1-3 days. I waited about 3-4 months between each attempt. So a bot that randomly happend to check my account is not likely!
I thought they probably check all new item listings with the word "facebook" in it. They removed it because maybe I used colors similar to the facebook blue and maybe the word "facebook" looked a litlle too much like the original logo.

So my last attempt I used a picture whit colors and the word facebook that looks nothing like the original. I thought I was safe ( I mean there are so many others selling this for a long time on ebay.de!!) so I listed about 6 versions and they got removed. I got a ban for 7 days where I couldnīt list new items, but 1 day later all my items got removed and also a PayPal ban.

So I have no clue how these other sellers can keep selling facebook likes on ebay.de. Any other seller that list something with "facebook" gets the item removed too.

Anyway, I figured out how to create new stealth accounts now, and I will stay away from the facebook likes

Last edited by Zelda; 03-09-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-09-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,970
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,997 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

What matters most is ebay does NOT like facebook likes.

Avoid listing to avoid going on making new accounts.

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-09-2013
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Yes! Lesson learned!

But I still want to find out how the other sellers manage to do it without any problem! This bothers me and I realy want to find out! This will be my mission for the next days
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-09-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,907
Thanks: 4,599
Thanked 7,055 Times in 6,426 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
Yes! Lesson learned!

But I still want to find out how the other sellers manage to do it without any problem! This bothers me and I realy want to find out! This will be my mission for the next days
Good to explore and try different things. You might fail or you might succeed - experimentation is key. If you post back with results, the forum can learn

I cant experiment this because 1) FB is the devil and is a waste of time to me 2) I dont have much to promote with FB even if I did find the service useful.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-09-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

There's a seller who sells in my same category of digital goods that has had 15 policy violations this month, but he continues to sell. I mean I've seen his listings pulled 15 times, so he probably has at least 10 violations, but he keeps selling. I tried selling in a similar category but another item after my 3rd violation, and they banned me for 30 days.

No one is checking up on your account except a bot. Those eBay listings removed are mostly automated. You need a new account with all new info. Sell there for a week or so until you start getting pulled. If you have 10 aged accounts with 100 selling limit on each, you can spread those out to avoid attention.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-11-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
Hi!

Can someone shed some light on this issue please?

I know it is forbidden to sell facebook likes on eBay.com and probably few other local eBays.

I am selling on eBay.de and there are a lot of listings, from a lot of different sellers, selling facebook likes. Most of them have been doing this for at least 12 months and longer.

Here are a few examples:
200709504104
270843461319
330869644245
and there are many many others.

So I made a few listings just likes these. They were online for about 2-3 days and then got removed for MC019!! I now have a 7 day ban for listing new items!

Can someone explain me why my listings get removed and the others stay up for months without any problems? I did not use any "facebook" logo. I only used "facebook likes" in the description, like the other sellers. Is it facebook that reports these to eBay, or are the others sellers reporting me?

I wanted to ask here first. Donīt realy want to contact eBay about this and draw attention to my account.

Thanks!
I dont think it's wise to sell this on eBay. The digital good it should be like eBook or some kind of software but not Facebook Like i think.

Maybe you should find some SEO forum or Fiverr to promote your Facebook like. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-06-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 88
Thanks: 3
Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I dont get it
whats the point in selling facebook likes?
What can they be used for?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-06-2013
APP APP is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schris142 View Post
I dont get it
whats the point in selling facebook likes?
What can they be used for?
To win Facebook contests per example.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-08-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,907
Thanks: 4,599
Thanked 7,055 Times in 6,426 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Dont worry about other sellers so much - this fb liking thing is new to me but perhaps you have to find out how to make it work.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MC019 eBay Listing Removed Casterina eBay Discussion! 3 01-29-2013 04:08 PM
MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Copyright Violation - Unauthorised Listing Content jimsters Subscriber Discussions 6 04-20-2012 04:47 PM
MC019 eBay Listing Removed - HELP! Am I in trouble? johnnyleeds UK eBay & Paypal 7 01-23-2012 11:55 PM
MC019 Ebay listing removed Enigma Subscriber Discussions 14 05-12-2011 08:01 PM
MC019 eBay Listing Removed - What do I do? Archibald_Witwicky eBay Suspensions 9 09-21-2009 02:58 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts