Grandmother suspended - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-12-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Grandmother suspended

Hello all!

I am writing on behalf of my grandmother. My mother and I started doing eBay 10 or so years ago, bought a lot of stuff and sold a few things here and there. My grandmother moved in with us years ago and we introduced her to ebaying. My grandmother has always loved going to yard sales, and it brought great joy to her to be able to buy things at yard sales and resell them on ebay. She's been on ebay a good 5 (at least) years.

She got suspended out of the blue without warning for low DSRs.

Low ratings
(1s and 2s)

Item as described 4.78 2.20% (6)
Communication 4.95 0.00% (0)
Shipping time 4.96 0.00% (0)
Shipping and handling charges 4.78 0.73% (2)

She wrote a hand written letter to ebay (old lady, old school ways ) and they emailed her telling her she was welcome to still buy on ebay (gee thanks a lot) but would no longer be able to sell.

I understand that is mostly her fault but I hate how ebay always takes the buyer's side no matter what. They also don't properly explain to buyers what a low rating will do to sellers... maybe if they knew it could get someone kicked off ebay and severely limit their income they'd think twice?

Anyway. My grandmother is retired and really enjoyed ebay as both a hobby and source of income. She obviously isn't getting this account back and my mom's account was banned from selling due to having the same IP address. Both paypal accounts are fine, btw. I want to help her with stealth. I am all set to buy the book, but I have a few questions:

She has a son who lives at her old address, which is right down the street. Ideally, I'd like to register it to this address? Or does that even matter?

Basically, I want to make this as non-complicated as possible... does stealth cause a lot to keep up with, etc? She isn't going to be able to keep up with a lot, like multiple names, addresses, bank accounts, etc. Is there a fairly easy way to help her that she will be able to keep up with or is it all pretty technical?

I'm tired so that's it for now, but I'm sure I will have more questions when I get some rest

Thanks all.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-13-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%
Default Re: Grandmother suspended

Ebay is taking down many aged and real accounts with low DSRS with no option to get them back.

Just had a friend of ours lose a 1995 account with 100% fb, all 5.0 dsrs with 4.8 shipping and 25,000 fb.

When she called the rep laid her out telling her that her shipping was too slow and ebay is no longer allowing members to not ship fast, communicate and offer excellent customer service.

25k fb and now gone for good.

She called back and asked for a supervisor, supervisor told her that her account would no longer ever be reinstated no matter how old or how much feedback due to current slow shipping issues.
Old 11-13-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

They just don't want any small sellers but they will allow big companies to come in and rack up more negatives than I ever seen. And I'm sir get all kinds of discounts have unlimited selling limits and they probably have the work at customer service

Meanwhile all of us have to kill ourselves and be on top of everything at all times because basically 3 negatives ur account is gone anymore, which is just almost immoral what they do
To can have 400 positive feedbacks and just 4 low DSRs which Is 4 customers complaints and you are either finished or down graded

No business in the world can make everyone happy I just don't get how ebay thinks that's possible because if they had feedback on the way they operate their would be a ton of negative feedbacks

They need to do something about the rating system , but they won't it's their goal to make all the small business into just buyers and take all that small business great customer service and unique stores out , and just have a bunch of generic android tablets, smartphones and all the other replicated garbage
Old 11-13-2013

Longevity: 61%

low dsrs got my legit acc kicked. 1000 feedback, 100%, member for over 10 years.

eb did not want to know. was putting some good money through this acc., they were getting a nice slice of pie from the fees.

as above, I feel that part time/private sellers, who have day jobs and other commitments are being forced out. just the man in the street.

I feel they just want it to be like any other online purchase site, all is professionally set out, postage next day etc, which is fine but not what eb is all about in my mind

the ban was partly my fault - I did ship items within a week though, and the ads were clearly marked that postage would be within 20 days but often quicker, as well as within the postage details. they seriously need to overhaul their ratings system. in my mind if an ad states that postage will be within x amount of days, how can you rate this as poor?? its not just sprung on you, its clearly visible BEFORE you place a bid

I have said it before, now would be a great time for a serious competitor to open up a reasonable online auction site, as eb used to be. eb would go down the pan then I feel
Old 11-18-2013

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Ebay is taking down many aged and real accounts with low DSRS with no option to get them back.

Just had a friend of ours lose a 1995 account with 100% fb, all 5.0 dsrs with 4.8 shipping and 25,000 fb.

When she called the rep laid her out telling her that her shipping was too slow and ebay is no longer allowing members to not ship fast, communicate and offer excellent customer service.

25k fb and now gone for good.

She called back and asked for a supervisor, supervisor told her that her account would no longer ever be reinstated no matter how old or how much feedback due to current slow shipping issues.
Wow never knew they were that bad I seen that you need to keep above 4.6 in all to qualify for a powerseller account, so keeping above 4.6 in all you would qualify but still get your account suspended for shipping being 4.8 which is above the 4.6? Don't get it all
Old 11-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
Basically, I want to make this as non-complicated as possible... does stealth cause a lot to keep up with, etc? She isn't going to be able to keep up with a lot, like multiple names, addresses, bank accounts, etc. Is there a fairly easy way to help her that she will be able to keep up with or is it all pretty technical?

I'm tired so that's it for now, but I'm sure I will have more questions when I get some rest

Thanks all.
Welcome to the forums - easy way is to read the stealth guide and then APPLY the principles...lots of people have success.

All the best as you read around - or have her read around.

P.S. Snorlax was a pokemon character, I recall...
Old 11-21-2013

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler87 View Post
, so keeping above 4.6 in all you would qualify but still get your account suspended for shipping being 4.8 which is above the 4.6? Don't get it all
You have to keep your DSR's above 4.6 AND you have to keep below 2% negs or opened cases.
Old 11-21-2013

Longevity: 74%

I having a hard time believing that eB is suspending its seller that easy especially being in the war for the marker share with AZ. Sandy are you sure that owners of that 25k acct told u the whole story?
Old 11-21-2013

Longevity: 77%

Who can say USA is "a democracy"? But one part in this country like eBay is a "big communism"..

Yeah...10 Stealth accounts eBay are the final destination. eBay love a stealth account because when the lawyer found stealth account on eBay. eBay can say" We can't contact this seller. No real information of this seller ..That's all.

Funny....

------------------------------------------

You know..I have 5 Stealth accounts for sell items more than 2 years. with 2000USD/Month So Total 10,000 USD/Month with no effect from eBay...

Love ebay on this way....

Last edited by arkimidisk; 11-21-2013 at 09:36 PM.