New Member Have Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-11-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default New Member Have Question

Ok the short story is i was suspended on ebay back in sept because they said my brothers account and mine were linked oh well i opened one in my girls name with her address,name,credit card,etc. Well since sept i had no problems selling hockey fights dvds and hockey games on ebay and got a bad feedback about 2 weeks ago, well this past monday i got this ebay email.

After reviewing your eBay account, we've taken the following actions:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items for 7 days.
- Violating listings have been removed. A list of items that were removed can be viewed at the bottom of this message.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

After 7 days, your account will no longer be restricted. However, please be sure your current and future listings follow these guidelines, keeping in mind that additional violations could result in the suspension of your account.

Now i went and took everything down except a lot of beta tapes and all my other auctions ended the next day and i didn't try to list or list anything knowing i couldn't for 7 days well i got this email 2 days later from ebay.

After reviewing your eBay account, recent activity has raised serious security concerns. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely.
- Item listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.

You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account. Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay community.

Now my questions are do i think someone told on me about selling hockey dvds i always think that. But anyways i used to transfer money from my girls paypal to mine so i don't think that could be it or was it my ip address since i used my home computer and firefox and aol to go on ebay under her name.

Please if you have any answers it would help thank you because i'm looking into buying or something to get back on ebay.

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-11-2014 at 11:41 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: New Member Have Question

Your choice of item to sell was the bottom line of being suspended.

Media is a category that is heavily policed.

It has been reported that ebay sends out that 1st temp limit but before the time is up turns around and totally suspends the account.

Need to start again with safer items.

Good Luck
Old 04-12-2014

Longevity: 59%

I hope your relationship with your girl doesn't sour like milk. man you should check out stealth
Old 04-12-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 58%

My girls not mad and her paypal account is still up, and have been selling these kinda dvds for alot of years now and i know the risk.
My account that i had that got suspended in sept i was selling the dvds for 3 years with a few can't sell for 7 days issues, and the account being suspended i know i caused becuase i got hit with a 30 can't list and started listing on my brothers account which raised an alarm with ebay so i know i was ignorant.

I was like can't list for 7 days no problem but then the account being suspended 2 days later and everything ebay removed was in my unsold part anyone every hear of that? Because the only item i had up was used beta tapes and they are always being sold on ebay and i know a few things to say or not to say in listings i have learned a little over the years.