What happens if ebay cannot charge money from your virtual giftaccount - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-13-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default What happens if ebay cannot charge money from your virtual giftaccount

Hi,

after reading instructions provided in the forum, I have successfully created a new account on ebay. I was just wondering about a couple of things:

1. I used simon.com and bought a 20 dollar virtual gift account. When that money runs out. How does ebay charge you? If they cant get money, will they close your account?

2. I tried to transfer money on paypal using the virtual account, but it would not allow me to. I was wondering how can I successfully transfer the money in the virtual account to myself.

Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-13-2007
Threadstarter  

o, crap, forgot to change IP on PP, tried to send myself an invoice. It didn't work.
Old 07-13-2007
Threadstarter  

tried invoicing myself again, got this:

This payment cannot be completed because your credit card has been denied by your credit card issuer. For details on why your card was denied, please contact your credit card issuer's customer service department. You may want to try using a different credit card or choose eCheck instead. To do this, please click the More Payment Options link.
Old 07-13-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

because they caught from the first attempt .
Old 07-13-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Do any of you guys never pay to ebay? How long does your account last? Also I've created 3 accounts in past 3 days but am eager to sell. Whats your experience with starting to sell right away...? Also whats the experience after 30 days. I only need 1 or 2 accounts at a time but i do need to sell if possible. Thank you
Old 07-13-2007
Threadstarter  

yea, same question. ebay has screwed me enough for me to serious think about never paying again. Just plan to switch accounts everytime they suspend it. Do you guys know how long a virtual card can last without your account getting suspended?
Old 07-14-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

I've been reading this site for a week now, and the reason why i ask is because i want a clear answer from people that have experienced all this. Not just speculations.
Old 08-17-2007

Longevity: 98%

Yeah, with the simon giftaccounts, you might want to find a way to give yourself back the money, since it deducts $5 for each transaction that fails. Basically, if you have an eBay balance of $21, and a giftaccount balance of $20, and eBay charges it, simon, will take $5 off, and you'll just have $15, and eBay won't get any of that money, but neither will you, which sucks. I recommend that you find a way to send yourself the money on the card via Paypal or something, and just pay your seller fees by making one time payments from your Paypal account, keeping in mind to log in to paypal with an email address that eBay doesn't have on file for a suspended account.
Old 08-17-2007

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueseller View Post
I recommend that you find a way to send yourself the money on the card via Paypal or something, and just pay your seller fees by making one time payments from your Paypal account, keeping in mind to log in to paypal with an email address that eBay doesn't have on file for a suspended account.
I have been wanting an answer to this question.
I had 2 EB accounts one registered to...example: 123(at)yahoo.com and one registered to a different street address with email123(at)gmail.com. I only used the gmail account sparingly (put in a couple of undected shill bids).

The 123(at)yahoo got banned due to VeRO a year or so ago...no big deal, I'll now use the 123(at)gmail.com account. I still had both email addresses registered at Paypal but only used the gmail one which was in good standing for receiving and sending payments. This account was recently banned due to being associated. I went undetected for a year and after being temporarily suspended for non-payment of $50 seller fees (no scam, just slipped my mind) I used the "pay now" orange button that links EB to PP.

I think I accidentially signed into PP using the yahoo address and I am sure that EB received notice of payment from the banned account and I was immeadiately suspended for being "associated" with the other account. The only reason that I can think of is I accidentially tipped my hand to them. I should have removed the offending email after the EB banned that account and I have since taken it off of the PP account.

I have never had an issue with PP limiting my account (verified,premier) and in fact withdrew almost $700 immeadiately after the remaining EB account was closed. I now have only one address registered at PP and don't plan on removing it until the corresponding offending EB account is permanently suspended...they have asked for DL and utility bill, which I plan on supplying. If that doesn't work I'll just let that account die, and remove the second offending address from PP as well.

I did register a new account a week ago with ebay, but did not provide a CC (or Simon account which is the way that I plan on going). I have not yet bought or sold anything because I want a way to use my existing PP account with my newly created EB account and I have yet to get a clear expanation of if this will work. Hearing my story so far, please let me know if any of you have tried the following:

I add a non-red-flagged email (the one that I recently used to register at EB) to my PP account and clear cookies, IP, etc and only sign in and out of both PP and EB.
If I can not get the old EB account re-instated after supplying my photoshopped docs, I drop it forever and remove that email from PP forever leaving only the one I just added and is clean in the mind of EB.

This seems to me to be so simple, but I have not yet heard from anyone here after spelling this out in other threads if something this seemingly simple will work. Seems to me since PP notifies that parties in the transaction that they have received payment from "email addresses rather than names or account numbers that this would work.

Since I don't want to tie up a lot of money in a Simon card..only about $50 and that won't even cover one month of my ebay fees I'd like to find a way to pay EB out of my PP and also be paid through PP (with any previous stigmatized emails eliminated properly of course.
Old 08-18-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueseller View Post
Yeah, with the simon giftaccounts, you might want to find a way to give yourself back the money, since it deducts $5 for each transaction that fails. Basically, if you have an eBay balance of $21, and a giftaccount balance of $20, and eBay charges it, simon, will take $5 off, and you'll just have $15, and eBay won't get any of that money, but neither will you, which sucks. I recommend that you find a way to send yourself the money on the card via Paypal or something, and just pay your seller fees by making one time payments from your Paypal account, keeping in mind to log in to paypal with an email address that eBay doesn't have on file for a suspended account.
They may charge $5 for a declined charge on the giftaccount but that's not the case on a physical Simon gift card.