Receiving Money to a Limited Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-02-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Receiving Money to a Limited Account

Unfortunately, I'm currently living with a limited account due to an unscrupulous buyer (or just a jerk). But fortunately, the money's long gone from the account and this buyer ain't gettin nothin! :D But seriously, the items have shipped and I'm just biding time until the tracking information that was supplied is verified and the account limitation to be lifted. But in the meantime, what should I do about payments coming in? They obviously still can right? On the plus side this will remove the negative balance, but on the negative, it means the money goes toward the balance not toward my bank account. Now I'm wondering if I should send an invoice for a sold item with this going on...any suggestions?

I fully expect the limitation to be lifted shortly, but what if it isn't? What do you think people?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-02-2007
Threadstarter  

Hmm, what different types are there? How can you tell what type it is?
Old 07-02-2007
Threadstarter  

From ebay or from paypal? I usually send the invoice from ebay's "send invoice" option. I believe you would still be able to send the invoice from ebay, correct?
Old 07-03-2007
Threadstarter  

I'm thinking of going to google checkout for a while instead Modee, since I'll obviously have the funds and not have to wait for the mess to be resolved. Am I going to have to be concerned with chargebacks to my account if they file a dispute for whatever reason, or will google checkout be a little more on my side when it comes to disputes? Just in case some of my "buyers" turn out to be this stalker and he wants to mess with me. See my reply on the "Google Checkout is Worse Than Paypal" thread and the "I'm being stalked" thread for more.
Old 07-03-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I'm thinking of going to google checkout for a while instead Modee, since I'll obviously have the funds and not have to wait for the mess to be resolved. Am I going to have to be concerned with chargebacks to my account if they file a dispute for whatever reason, or will google checkout be a little more on my side when it comes to disputes? Just in case some of my "buyers" turn out to be this stalker and he wants to mess with me. See my reply on the "Google Checkout is Worse Than Paypal" thread and the "I'm being stalked" thread for more.
To help you out a little bit, as long as you have a good legit product and clear and concise terms and policies, you shouldnt have to worry about no chargebacks.

If your too concern about chargebacks Jack, I think you need to re evaluate your products and your business.
Old 07-03-2007
Threadstarter  

Normally I don't have an issue. I've just latched onto a particularly nasty buyer (or vice versa). He's like a disease and spreading his venom to other buyers, who are starting to question me as well. There's nothing wrong with the product, this buyer is just a sourpuss and wants to ruin me. See my other threads for more. I'm just tired of explaining.
Old 07-03-2007
Banned

Just make your auctions private, and explain in your listings that you make private auctions to protect bidders
Old 07-03-2007

Longevity: 98%

If your account was limited, did they ask for any other information besides the shipping info? I am sure why they had the chance they were going to ask you for a few different items.

With paypal I have 2 accounts that have been verified that I do not associate with any Ebay account. They are my transfer accounts (bank) this allows me to receive paymnets from buyers and then transfer it over to them. This helps in an event where an account might be limited for sending or withdrawing funds.

Also, by doing this (having seperate accounts) if an account is limited, just creat a new account. Refund the payment to the "buyer" and explain to them by email that Ebay forgot to update your email address which is for another account. Then send an invoice (this is important so that you do not reference the auction #'s) and get the payment, then send it to the other account for withdrawal.

I do not know if it has been mentioned but you also might want to look into AlertPay
You can use multiple email addresses under one account and each email can be setup as a different name. Different email accounts associated by name all into one account.
Old 07-03-2007
Threadstarter  

Thanks FB! That's good stuff I'm filing this post for future reference.

Actually, I have yet to get a request for information. Just that I can't really DO anything with my account, can't send money out, may not be able to get money in (haven't tried it yet).

Question: Why do you have TWO verified accounts for transferring only? I have one myself, but haven't really seen the need for more. I just use that account for the occasional purchase and moving the money through.
The main reason I liked keeping an account around (other than laziness) is that with each transaction you get more clout built up with paypal and your number goes up, which I guess could be seen as encouraging to buyers when they see a lot of transactions under that account. I like your "refund" idea a LOT. It just might not work in this instance if it's the buyer from hell making new usernames just to cause me pain. Plus, I have several accounts now, I'm not sure if paypal would like me opening yet another (especially when I'm planning just that for another user name soon). Anyway...

Do you have any experience with Alertpay? Would you recommend them? Is there a fee to join? Are they better about avoiding chargebacks?

Chris: I've tried the private auction thing before. It doesn't seem to work for me. I get mostly zero feedback new users (even though I clearly request that they EMAIL me before bidding) and quack bids, where the high bidder never contacts me. No one wants to take it seriously. It's a good idea if you can make it work. I've just never been able to do that.
Old 07-04-2007

HI Jack,

I have the 2 accounts so that I can move the money around to the different bank accounts and also so that Paypal does not see repayments always come from the same people. It is also good to have them as you can leave them as a "personal" account and when you send money from the other accounts it comes as an instant transfer and you pay no fees for that (finally no fees LOL)

As far as AlertPay, I signed up a little while ago. The have 3 plans to choose from:
BASIC PERSONAL ACCOUNT: (FREE TO OPEN - Receive Fee: $1.00 per transaction)
PREMIUM ACCOUNT: (FREE TO OPEN Receive Fee: 2.5% + $0.25 per transaction)
SECURED ACCOUNT: (FREE TO OPEN - Receive Fee: 3.9% + $0.59 per transaction)

I am currently using the Premium account and it seems to be working fine. It is also good if you sell adult items like me as paypal does not allow for this anymore.

You can also have subscriptions, recurring payments, buy now buttons and they say a shopping cart feature for your website.

I like the setup and it seems that they are ready for anything. Oh, To verify your account you have to send by email or mail a copy of a photo ID and a bill with the address you signed with. This is part of their way of preventing chargebacks and fraud I guess. That part I do not mind as this makes life easier when dealing with them.

The only hard part is getting people to leave paypal for them, but I guess if they really want your item bad enough they will get an account. My adult customers have all signed up as this makes it very easy to pay me, they are in heaven! When paypal stop allowing for adult sales it hurt business and even though I got a merchant account people still seemed leary. Anyway, I like them and am giving them a shot. I have also listed them on some of my ebay auctions instead of paypal, we will see how sales go.
Old 07-04-2007
Threadstarter  

I see your point. Good thinking!

Do they charge anything just to sign up for an account to send a payment and is signing up pretty painless or does EVERYONE have to provide that ID check through email/mail? I know my customers probably wouldn't go for that, despite the fact that it helps prevent chargebacks. The payment system would have to be pretty convenient for the customer or they'd probably say no. But the main thing is the fee for signing up, if there is one.

Do you mention AlertPay on the auction, or just lump them into a "merchant" account for ebay's sake?
Old 07-04-2007
Banned

As far as AlertPay, I signed up a little while ago. The have 3 plans to choose from:
BASIC PERSONAL ACCOUNT: (FREE TO OPEN - Receive Fee: $1.00 per transaction)
PREMIUM ACCOUNT: (FREE TO OPEN Receive Fee: 2.5% + $0.25 per transaction)
SECURED ACCOUNT: (FREE TO OPEN - Receive Fee: 3.9% + $0.59 per transaction)

HAHA, my secret weapon has been exposed... But I use alertpay mostly for my autosurfs and hyip's investments
Old 07-04-2007
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Unfortunately, I'm currently living with a limited account due to an unscrupulous buyer (or just a jerk). But fortunately, the money's long gone from the account and this buyer ain't gettin nothin! :D But seriously, the items have shipped and I'm just biding time until the tracking information that was supplied is verified and the account limitation to be lifted. But in the meantime, what should I do about payments coming in? They obviously still can right? On the plus side this will remove the negative balance, but on the negative, it means the money goes toward the balance not toward my bank account. Now I'm wondering if I should send an invoice for a sold item with this going on...any suggestions?

I fully expect the limitation to be lifted shortly, but what if it isn't? What do you think people?
Refund ppl and have them pay you some other way. If no refund link is available have each of your buyers file a claim against you and they'll get back their money that way.
Old 07-19-2007

The link should be available though...
Click the "details" link of the transaction and then scroll to the bottom of the page and you should see the "refund" link available. But as BallSack said if it does not have the buyers file the claim for their money back and explain to the buyer that your account is limited until paypal receives further documents about your account. Then have them send the money to another account.