MC999 Listing policy violation alert: Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia - Please help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-12-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default MC999 Listing policy violation alert: Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia - Please help

Yesterday, I received the following message:

After reviewing your eBay account, it appears that you have violated eBay's Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia policy. We realize you may not have been aware of this policy, or that this may have been a simple oversight, but unfortunately, we had to take the following actions:
- Violating listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.

Narcotics, steroids, controlled substances, and drug paraphernalia are not allowed on eBay.

Drug paraphernalia are items that are designed or primarily intended for making, concealing, or using a controlled substance. Although some items may be legal in some areas, listings for these items are not allowed on eBay because of their potential to harm eBay members.

For more details on our policy, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...ing-drugs.html

The blunt wraps you listed are prohibited for sale in many cities and states, and in locations where these products are available there are often heavy regulations to their sale. Further as many state and local governments consider item to be drug paraphernalia, eBay has made the decision to prohibit these items from sale. Thank you for choosing eBay to list this item, but we must ask that you not relist it.

Please be sure your future listings follow these guidelines. If they don't, they could be removed.

If you have any more questions, contact our policy experts.
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?que...main=email1383

1 item was removed. I had sold almost 1,000 of these since last year. Why is it getting removed now? There are others who are selling it as well.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-12-2014
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: MC999 Listing policy violation alert: Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia - Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seller eBay View Post
1 item was removed. I had sold almost 1,000 of these since last year. Why is it getting removed now? There are others who are selling it as well.
It just takes one "do-gooder" or possibly a competitor to report your listing before eBay takes action.

You really have no recourse here, because they are a prohibited item on eBay.

What I can tell you is, if you decide to relist them on the same account, it will be the beginning of the end for that account.

It's hard to lose a good selling item, but it has happened to most of us.

Good Luck on whatever you decide.
The Following User Says Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
Seller eBay (06-13-2014)
Old 06-12-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Default Re: MC999 Listing policy violation alert: Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia - Please help

when it comes to cosmetics, health, medicine type items, you always run a much higher risk of things go bad like this.

It DOESN"T matter how long it'll take whether it's the next 5 minutes or years, it'll happen.

Again, when it concerns people's health / well being, it's a whole different level.
So keep that in mind.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Seller eBay (06-13-2014)
Old 06-12-2014

Longevity: 59%

Forget that anybody else is selling the same thing by the zillions....ebay will just tell you they will eventually deal with everybody and now, it's your turn.......if you list more of those, your account will be a goner forever......
The Following User Says Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
Seller eBay (06-13-2014)
Old 06-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGMT² View Post
It just takes one "do-gooder" or possibly a competitor to report your listing before eBay takes action.

You really have no recourse here, because they are a prohibited item on eBay.

What I can tell you is, if you decide to relist them on the same account, it will be the beginning of the end for that account.

It's hard to lose a good selling item, but it has happened to most of us.

Good Luck on whatever you decide.
What is a 'do-gooder'. Why would eBay remove a listing based on competition? There will always be competition though. The brand name is Juicy Jay's. They are rolling papers and I see hundreds of them on eBay right now. Why is it there? What kind of papers are allowed then? There is a section for

Collectibles
>
Tobacciana
>
Papers

Was the e-mail I received written by an eBay employee or is it a general message flagged automatically?

I have other similar items like that on sale. Why weren't they removed?
Old 06-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
when it comes to cosmetics, health, medicine type items, you always run a much higher risk of things go bad like this.

It DOESN"T matter how long it'll take whether it's the next 5 minutes or years, it'll happen.

Again, when it concerns people's health / well being, it's a whole different level.
So keep that in mind.
I see. I have other similar items like this. Why weren't they removed? There are many others selling the same items I am. They aren't being removed.

My concern: We can't see the compliance level anymore like Low, Medium, High. Am I being dropped lower in the Best Match?

Am I risking being suspended even though the e-mail does not say so?
Old 06-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
Forget that anybody else is selling the same thing by the zillions....ebay will just tell you they will eventually deal with everybody and now, it's your turn.......if you list more of those, your account will be a goner forever......
I have like 25 other similar items like that but they were not removed? Why? Should I call eBay to discuss this?

Should I be removing the similar items now?
Old 06-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
The blunt wraps you listed are prohibited for sale in many cities and states, and in locations where these products are available there are often heavy regulations to their sale. Further as many state and local governments consider item to be drug paraphernalia, eBay has made the decision to prohibit these items from sale.
There is the reason they were removed. It was no mistake. It would be a total waste of time to phone ebay to "discuss".

It will just be a matter of time before the other listings are picked up on and removed as well so you'll need to decide whether to keep selling the items you are.
Old 06-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
There is the reason they were removed. It was no mistake. It would be a total waste of time to phone ebay to "discuss".

It will just be a matter of time before the other listings are picked up on and removed as well so you'll need to decide whether to keep selling the items you are.
I have just removed the other similar items as well. Will I still get flagged later for the items I removed?

Am I risking getting suspended even though the e-mail does not say so?
Old 06-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 76%

Sell as much as you can before they find the rest. The hammer is coming with no recourse.

I've been in this category with more than one item. Everything was shut down with very similar warning emails.
Old 06-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I have just removed the other similar items as well. Will I still get flagged later for the items I removed?

Am I risking getting suspended even though the e-mail does not say so?
Your account is already flagged.

Your aim now is to stay out of the fire.

Look for safe items.

ebay can take action on items from 90 days ago. Dont think they play nice.

Old 06-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Sell as much as you can before they find the rest. The hammer is coming with no recourse.

I've been in this category with more than one item. Everything was shut down with very similar warning emails.
Why sell more? What do you mean everything was shutdown? You mean they removed your other items as well but you could still sell?
Old 06-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Your account is already flagged.

Your aim now is to stay out of the fire.

Look for safe items.

ebay can take action on items from 90 days ago. Dont think they play nice.

So I took down the similar items. What else can I do now?
Old 06-13-2014
Threadstarter  

No change on:

You can sell up to 5,500 items or up to $89,500.00 per month, whichever comes first.
Old 06-13-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Just tread softly , make sure you stay away from that item or any other questionable items and I'm not sure if this is one of your main pieces of income or not but try not to keep pushing sales on this account

Let it cool off, think of it being watched and one thing eBay doesn't like or tolerate is risk

And just making a nice steady income could be enough risk for them to part ways with u since you are in the spot light

The next 90 days slow down on sales as much as possible and no questionable items
Old 06-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Just tread softly , make sure you stay away from that item or any other questionable items and I'm not sure if this is one of your main pieces of income or not but try not to keep pushing sales on this account

Let it cool off, think of it being watched and one thing eBay doesn't like or tolerate is risk

And just making a nice steady income could be enough risk for them to part ways with u since you are in the spot light

The next 90 days slow down on sales as much as possible and no questionable items
Explain tread softly? How come there are so many items that are restricted? Is it because of the legal laws or is it just eBay?

What do you mean this account? I have one account only since year 2000.
Why did you mention 90 days? Is that the magic day? The 90th day and then continue normal?
Old 06-14-2014

You can create more than one account, in a different name, it's called a stealth account. I recommend you get the stealth guide to learn more about this technique. Eventually you will have to go down that route, as most members of this forum did.

90 days or 3 months is your evaluation period (if you are generating that many sales?).

Quote:
Explain tread softly? How come there are so many items that are restricted? Is it because of the legal laws or is it just eBay?

What do you mean this account? I have one account only since year 2000.
Why did you mention 90 days? Is that the magic day? The 90th day and then continue normal?
Old 06-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
So I took down the similar items. What else can I do now?
Let the account cool - sell other things - make more stealth accounts as backups
Old 06-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Let the account cool - sell other things - make more stealth accounts as backups
How many Stealth accounts? This also mean I am starting all over with 0 feedback?
Old 06-14-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%

Make as many as you think you'll need and YES, it always starts with 0.

WHat do you expect? You want an account that you have built to stay strong, then STAY AWAY from health related products for SURE. Plus it's good for your conscience.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Seller eBay (06-15-2014)
Old 06-14-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts

Quote:
How many Stealth accounts? This also mean I am starting all over with 0 feedback?
Don't worry so much about feedbacks , I think you said your account has feedback in the thousands and you are having trouble getting any sales because eBay sees u as below standard

So get out of that thinking that u need thousands of feedbacks, the reality is an account with 1 positive feedback no negatives and with all 5.0 DSR s will actually get more exposure to,it's listings and more sales than an account with 300 positives 1 negative and 3 low DSRs in one category

So honestly it does suck in the beginning to see an account that u built up over so many years just be ruined over something that u may think now is just ridiculous

But the reality is you are playing in eBays world, and the laws of reason and physics do not apply

EBay just keeps making things difficult every other week there is a new hurdle but if you keep up with the forum a little every day and stay current on there tactics than you will have a chance to make it

And try and take advice frill the Mods and members that been around for awhile, and as much as logic will tell you that listening to there advice abiut something may sound crazy , it is most likely the proper way

You will need to let go of everything you think u know about eBay , because that way lead you to the point you are at now, the sooner you let go,of your old ways the sooner you can be built back up and learn how to truly operate
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (06-14-2014), Seller eBay (06-15-2014)
Old 06-15-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Make as many as you think you'll need and YES, it always starts with 0.

WHat do you expect? You want an account that you have built to stay strong, then STAY AWAY from health related products for SURE. Plus it's good for your conscience.
Got it. Could it get removed if I recently got 2 or 3 negative feedback in a month span for that item?