MC999 violation and possible linked accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-29-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default MC999 violation and possible linked accounts

Okay, heres the possible issue. About a month ago i started selling what some might say is high risk items on a 7 year old ebay account which had no previous selling on it. After having listings up, i recieved a message on this account saying that im linked to another ebay account and since its dsr is low they restriced my selling to like 5 items per month. I know whos account this is and i have used it. I didnt know that they use ip addresses to link accounts. I had logged on on off each account not realizing what i was in for...after doing research i now know....

The names and addresses ( all info ) on the accounts arent the same and they both have separate verified paypal accounts and what not. the account that they linked me to is very established and has 1000 plus feedback but a low dsr.

Now i called them up and told them i dont know whos account it is and they removed the linkage and they guy said he made a note believing that there is no linkage and it could just have been someone who use to live here... they removed the selling limits and i sold a bunch of these high risk items before i got a mc999 saying not to list this item again and that they were removed. There are thousands currently listed with certain disclaimers in them, that my auction didnt have, which is why i believe mine got removed and theres didnt. im assuming a competitor saw mine and reported me. Being that i got this notice im assuming that if i relist the rest of my inventory on this account i would get it suspended?
Now another question, remember that account they linked me to and removed the linkage? Am i safe to list my inventory on that account? or since they had linked me is that account red flagged aswell?
Is there anyone who can give me some advice on what to do? Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-30-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,251 Posts
Activity: 25%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: MC999 violation and possible linked accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsitn View Post
There are thousands currently listed with certain disclaimers in them, that my auction didnt have, which is why i believe mine got removed and theres didnt
This is not the reason why yours have been removed and their don't.

Ebay will remove high risk item listings no matter what you write in it. There is no disclaimer that will put you in a safe position.

They know how to handle them and their seller accounts have different history/age than your.

They also might lose the accout but probably have stealths backups.
Old 06-30-2014
Banned

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Now another question, remember that account they linked me to and removed the linkage? Am i safe to list my inventory on that account? or since they had linked me is that account red flagged aswell?
Is there anyone who can give me some advice on what to do?
Honestly it is way safer to start some new stealth accounts and not stress about what might happen on this account. If I am wondering about an account, I make sure I have a backup for it. Then push the envelope to see if the first account gets MC999, if it does no big deal I have my backup. If it doesn't then I operate just like normal.
Old 06-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Is the other account (the 1000plus feedback one ) going to be connected if I list on it? I am worried that since they previously linked the two that I might be looking at some trouble, regardless that they removed the link.

Do you think that my other account is still linked even though they removed it? If i do list them on it and get caught what will happen? Will I just get a m999 and that's it? Or would they say hey your linked and bye bye?

Last edited by TGMT²; 06-30-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I would stop listing high risk items if I were you OP on this account - you were given a second chance
Old 06-30-2014

Longevity: 63%
Send a message via ICQ to nivo Send a message via Skype™ to nivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I would stop listing high risk items if I were you OP on this account - you were given a second chance
I would agree. If has been a seller account for the 7 years, those are especially hard to come by. If you NEED to sell those high risk items, I would build up a few stealth accounts and expect to loose them, if that makes sense.

PS: You may want to call up a rep and also ask if they can find out why it was removed. Some things like virtual items will require you to ship - so if your posts say anything about "Fast Delivery" then that will easily set off the "violation alert" but if you say "Shipping via USPS only" then it may not be detected as soon - but is never guaranteed..

Last edited by nivo; 06-30-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-03-2014
Threadstarter  

It was removed because the dea considered my listing to be drug paraphernalia and asked them to remove it. I believe this is bull. There are so many listed by sellers with a lot of feedback and there's aren't being removed. One of them reported me cause I had the lowes price. No one touched on if I could try with the other 1000+ feedback account though? It's pretty much a stealth account. It has no policy violations besides like 1 unpaid item strike from years ago and has been a member since 2002. I figure if I could I would sell until that one gets a m999.
Old 07-04-2014

Longevity: 63%
Send a message via ICQ to nivo Send a message via Skype™ to nivo

Well if it is that old of an account with high limits you may not want to..

Sometimes it only takes 2 stikes and your banned. When you start with a new account, your going to probably be at 10items/$1000 a month and you will have to wait for the money for the 21 days or 3 days after delivery conf. This can really suck if your running a major business.

A lot of times even competitors will flag your items. And a lot of times it is not like a ebay rep goes and pulls listings. It will be automated by the machine.. so yes it is unfair, but it is life.