Your selling account is restricted... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-08-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Your selling account is restricted...

I got this email from ebay today.

"Hi ***,
We want to let you know that you haven’t met the minimum requirements to sell on eBay and your seller level is Below Standard in the Global,US program. As such, you won't be able to list and sell items on eBay anymore.

Selling standards are in place to ensure that sellers deliver a great customer experience to their buyers. They measure whether buyers were satisfied with your items and your customer service.

When you don’t meet the minimum requirements for selling, you are creating experiences that erode confidence and drive buyers away.
If you had any active listings, they've now been ended, and any selling fees paid for those items will be credited to you.

If you've recently sold items that you still need to fulfill or ship, do so promptly. You'll still be able to see any recently sold items in My eBay, send and receive messages, and of course, buy items on eBay.

To see more details on why your seller level is Below Standard, go to your Seller Dashboard."

I have been trying to increase my "Below Standard" level but how can I when I can't no longer list anything. I checked my "Monthly selling limits" and it said "You can sell up to 0 items or up to $0.00 per month, whichever comes first."

My question is how can I re-open my seller account so I can sell items again to reach "Above Standard". Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-08-2014

Longevity: 93%
Default Re: Your selling account is restricted...

You need to buy eBay Stealth and start again.

Question.
I have the same letter on an account as well.

Any chance of this clearing in 12 months when the defects have dropped off?
Old 09-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

according to the OP, the emails says "anymore", so it sounds like that account is done selling for-ev-er. But EB will still allow him to buy things.....of course!

Sorry to hear that yalls accounts went down
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
Sausage (09-08-2014)
Old 09-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums.

Learn stealth and go for new accounts.
Old 09-09-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the replies. I've had to this account for over 10 years and done a lot of sales on it. Other than going stealth right now can ebay reinstate my seller account even if they give me "monthly selling limits" so I can show them I working on improving my ratings. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%

Account is pretty much gone. Can try to ring to get it overturned, but generally its a waste of time.

Best thing to get is get the stealth guide and start again
Old 09-10-2014

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmoney View Post
I got this email from ebay today.

"Hi ***,
We want to let you know that you haven’t met the minimum requirements to sell on eBay and your seller level is Below Standard in the Global,US program. As such, you won't be able to list and sell items on eBay anymore.

Selling standards are in place to ensure that sellers deliver a great customer experience to their buyers. They measure whether buyers were satisfied with your items and your customer service.

When you don’t meet the minimum requirements for selling, you are creating experiences that erode confidence and drive buyers away.
If you had any active listings, they've now been ended, and any selling fees paid for those items will be credited to you.

If you've recently sold items that you still need to fulfill or ship, do so promptly. You'll still be able to see any recently sold items in My eBay, send and receive messages, and of course, buy items on eBay.

To see more details on why your seller level is Below Standard, go to your Seller Dashboard."

I have been trying to increase my "Below Standard" level but how can I when I can't no longer list anything. I checked my "Monthly selling limits" and it said "You can sell up to 0 items or up to $0.00 per month, whichever comes first."

My question is how can I re-open my seller account so I can sell items again to reach "Above Standard". Thanks.

eBay's got the quick trigger all of a sudden. Any question that a customer wants to ask opens a case. Each case counts towards lowering your seller rating, or "defect rate" (sound familiar?). More than 5% questions per trailing 12 months triggers a friendly "As such, you won't be able to list and sell items on eBay anymore." letter.
Old 09-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Any questions counts as a case? Do you have some proof of this announcement in writing?
Old 09-10-2014
Threadstarter  

I have a couple of questions if I do make a stealth account. I have over 300 items in turbo lister that I used on the old account. Is it true I would need to change all images, titles, and descriptions? I sell dvd's, cd's so my descriptions/images are easily found online. Will eBay see that and connect it to me even if those item numbers are old and no longer on eBay? Thanks.
Old 09-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Any questions counts as a case? Do you have some proof of this announcement in writing?
What on earth do you mean?

If a buyer tries to contact the seller, a case is opened.

Been happening for a long time.

Did you not know the repercussions of that.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (09-11-2014)
Old 09-10-2014

Quote:
I have a couple of questions if I do make a stealth account. I have over 300 items in turbo lister that I used on the old account. Is it true I would need to change all images, titles, and descriptions? I sell dvd's, cd's so my descriptions/images are easily found online. Will eBay see that and connect it to me even if those item numbers are old and no longer on eBay? Thanks.
To sail smooth, you will have to start afresh. You should still have your images, clean them and you should be good.

Turbolister is an eBay tool which puts you into a much deeper hole.
Old 09-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Yes you would need to change all to make sure it looks new
Old 09-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
What on earth do you mean?

If a buyer tries to contact the seller, a case is opened.

Been happening for a long time.

Did you not know the repercussions of that.

That's exactly right. When you buy something from ebay, go ahead and try to contact the seller. Ebay will automatically direct you into opening a case, which is hysterical how many customers say "I was just trying to ask the status but ebay opened the case for me".

This wasn't a huge problem in the past, but since mid-August, each case counts heavily on your performance standard. And just this week, ebay is taking action on accounts with 100% feedback, but too many customer inquiries.
Old 09-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoteBay View Post
To sail smooth, you will have to start afresh. You should still have your images, clean them and you should be good.

Turbolister is an eBay tool which puts you into a much deeper hole.
So you don't have to start completely from scratch, copy the HTML from your old turbo-lister BEFORE changing your IP. After salvaging what you need, completely uninstall every trace of everything before starting fresh. That'll put you ahead a couple of hours.