MC011 and MC999 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-10-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default MC011 and MC999

Hi,

We were using my brother's eBay account to re-sell supplements we purchased from a company who has a policy to not allow selling on the internet at eBay and Amazon, yet someone we know who is selling on eBay talked to them about it and they claimed they couldn't do anything about it. But, that is why we were selling under my brother's eBay account. After a month and a half, and they had increased our limits up to 200 items, we received the MC999 and MC011. They cancelled the listings and the email from them was asking for invoices, as well as to put in our tracking numbers (we are newbies at selling now, and didn't realize they were required now, we used to sell more years ago.)

Paypal also put a block on our account as we were selling too much...we did give them the invoices requested, and they reinstated our account. They did say they contacted the company, but we aren't positive they did, as our account with the company wasn't cancelled, and I assume they would if they knew. My husband talked with a liaison (he had called us for anther reason) who works closely with the company, and he thought we could put an online consultation offer on the listing and they would be okay with it. The reason the company doesn't want it on the Internet, is they want it only distributed through practitioners who are able to consult with their clients.

After Paypal reinstated our account, we decided to try selling a few on our regular account, which has hundreds of positive feedback and longevity. Of course, the accounts were linked...as I now realize. We had also called to increase limits on the first account, also a mistake I now realize after reading the stealth guide.

Now, we haven't received any notices on the second account, but they are only allowing us 100 items, and are not increasing it after two weeks automatically like they did with my brother's account, so we are pretty sure it is the other account holding us back. We realize 100 items is pretty good, but we sell through the smaller sales - and it is gone in a little over a week.

Are we stuck at 100 items, because of the other linked account? We received those notices a month ago, but didn't want to compromise our account with the other company. Does eBay typically call the suppliers? It is all legitimate, but we use the supplement account to also help heal our son, and it is much more inexpensive so we don't want to lose it...yet, we want to still try to increase the accounts.

After skimming through much of the book last night, it appears wise that we start creating stealth accounts...or purchasing them. I think we would try to use one of the sellers here who are selling accounts, it seems easier? But what should we do with the other account, linked to the MC011 account? I had no idea eBay had turned like this...we never ran into anything like this in the past with our original account. I thought our biggest hurdle would be selling the product, but that doesn't seem to be the case, although of course, that is part of it.

Thanks so much for reading all of this!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-10-2014

Longevity: 63%
Default Re: MC011 and MC999

Not many people here read long messages.

Questions:
1. So you still have both accounts and can sell
2. One account is 100/$??? and other 200/$????
3. Both accounts appear to be linked in your opinion

So what is your questions to the forum?
bjammin (09-11-2014)
Old 09-10-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

No, the one is restricted with the MC011...I was wondering whether eBay often actually called suppliers. It's linked to our longstanding account that we are now selling from but only 100 items versus the 200 items. I'm not sure on the dollar amount, because we don't meet that, just the item number.

Yes, something they have told us implied that they were linked. With the MC011 on one, is it inevitable that both will be down? How often does eBay lift a MC011 - just asking opinions.

Thanks for your help
Old 09-10-2014

The MC011 may be a gone case. Continue to sell on what you have and never do a mistake of linking the accounts again.

You may just be fine with the one account.
Old 09-11-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Do they typically call suppliers? Do you mean, they may not get rid of the other one that is linked?

I'm wondering if it would be suspended merely because we haven't sent the invoices they requested.

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2014

Very unlikely that they call suppliers. They have a list of blacklisted suppliers.

You may be lucky with the other account until something crazy happens and a human reviews the account.
Old 09-11-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

So, it's likely safer that I don't supply the invoices? Better this than suspended permanently and affect the other account? Thanks again for all of your help!
Old 09-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmommy2007 View Post
Hi,

We were using my brother's eBay account to re-sell supplements we purchased from a company who has a policy to not allow selling on the internet at eBay and Amazon,
have you got the correct idea now to not sell the items again AND never trust a third party's word?

Hope your accounts are OK for the future.

Good Luck

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
noahsmommy2007 (09-11-2014)