Please Help Me w/ Account! 2nd Confirmation Of Account? Am I soon to be suspended? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-29-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Please Help Me w/ Account! 2nd Confirmation Of Account? Am I soon to be suspended?

I have a new account that i used false address for but my real name.

Today when I tried to relist an item that sold last night but the buyer decided they changed their mind. I got hit with...

"Call us at 1-866-643-1607 and mention security code XXXXXXXXX. This is not the same confirmation code to confirm your account.
If you use an IP Relay service, you can use the same number."

I have no idea what is going on and I am very scared I am going to lose my account. However, much to my surprise my active listings are still running.

What should I do?

Should I wait to call until my listings end to call?

Whats going on?

What are they going to want to talk about over the phone?

Last time I called was to "Discuss selling goals" Luckily I got the limit increased from 0 to 100 by answering questions correctly about my alias.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-29-2014

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: Please Help Me w/ Account! 2nd Confirmation Of Account? Am I soon to be suspended

That usually happens when they don't recognize who you are, like using like a new laptop and new IP, or you deleted cookies. If you have the phone number on file then it will be a very simple fix - just call the number from that phone, someone should pick up quickly, read the message to them and the code. They will ask if you were using a new computer - say you bought a new laptop or something. They might want to send you a text message with a pin number to the phone number to confirm, or call you at that number. After you're done with that, your account will be back to normal in a few minutes.

If you don't have access to the phone number on your account then you have a few options:

1. If you really did change computers, just go back to the old computer and change the phone numbers to one you have access to, then call. (Doing so on your account now wouldn't work, it has to be on the one that has cookies intact)

2. Otherwise if you don't have the phone and can't do #1, they will try to run your info through public records to make sure you're who you say you are. Since this is stealth, you want to avoid this at all costs. If they try to do that (they usually ask permission first), counter their request somehow and get off the phone. I had this happen once and basically I stopped them and asked if I could just use my old desktop and would I still get this error? They said no I'd be fine, so I said thanks, I would do that, and hung up. I had to repeat that and call back two more times before one lady finally just asked me basic questions about my account (what is the address on your account? Your phone number? etc) and then I was go to good.

Last edited by plumsake2; 09-29-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-02-2014

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: Please Help Me w/ Account! 2nd Confirmation Of Account? Am I soon to be suspended

If you do call in, I would only talk to a U.S. rep, or hang up an call again until you get one. The one and only time I had to do that, I called and got a foreign rep, she froze my account, said she couldn't verify me. I hung up, called back got a USA rep, told him what had just happened and he laughed and reinstated me....said that happened all the time.....that's scary.....
Old 10-02-2014

Sorry in advanced if I'm asking questions in wrong part of the forum! If you purchase a aged ( 30 days) stealth account, create a bit of bid/browsing/cookies with new IP & address, do you still have to confirm yourself as seller says you do not and account is MC999 guaranteed? Your ans/input will be highly appreciated!
Old 10-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shani1212 View Post
Sorry in advanced if I'm asking questions in wrong part of the forum! If you purchase a aged ( 30 days) stealth account, create a bit of bid/browsing/cookies with new IP & address, do you still have to confirm yourself as seller says you do not and account is MC999 guaranteed? Your ans/input will be highly appreciated!
MC999 can come at any time - even with the age - have to operate slowly
Old 10-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shani1212 View Post
You have to expect ebay to ask you anything and do anything.

You have to be prepared for this.

Pushing boundaries saying Account is guaranteed in any way,imho.

Old 10-07-2014

Longevity: 55%

You should reuse old computer and old IP to confirm your info with Ebay, because there will be issue if you use other ip to login your account
Old 10-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.obama8991 View Post
You should reuse old computer and old IP to confirm your info with Ebay, because there will be issue if you use other ip to login your account
I'm planing to use a separate dongle T-mobile/AT&T service for Static IP so there can't be any issues with IP repeating. Thanks guys ...