What are the chance of getting my selling privileges back?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-22-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default What are the chance of getting my selling privileges back??

My ebay account got suspended due to having a below standard performance level. I have 52 good reviews, 2 neutral reviews, and 1 bad review. Anyway, I started off selling software not been really knowledgeable I bought software from one of those Asian sites. I sold a few and suddenly people began opening cases against me claiming it was not as described in other words it was hacked software. I didn’t make a big fuzz about it and just gave refunds. This happens early on and received no review off these sales. I later found a better resource to legitimate software and began selling like crazy. Then suddenly I get an email from ebay saying my selling privileges have been suspended.

The reason for the backstory is to see what are the chances of me getting my selling privileges back? If I call and justify my low performance level which I know were caused by all those open cases against me at the beginning.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-23-2014

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: What are the chance of getting my selling privileges back??

Slim to none but worth trying. Software is really sketch on Ebay. Did you try and get your neg/neutral removed by contacting the buyer? It is always best to try and remove them ASAP. After trying to remove them I would call Ebay and try and get you privileges back.
Old 10-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I always say TRY, because you have nothing to lose. Sometimes you may just get lucky and talk to a rep whose boyfriend proposed to her last night, she's in a great mood and wants to help everyone. You never know.

HOWEVER - your account was obviously flagged due to these sales. You can try to appeal, but if eBay sees users complaining about items that were not legitimate, then it is probably a lost cause. If you get lucky, MAYBE they will let you back on if you give them your legitimate supplier information. That is the ONLY way I can see of getting the account back.

eBay is VERY unforgiving when it comes to selling phakes. So, I would approach it as if you have no idea what these people were talking about and tell them you have a legitimate supplier. Because if you say that you WERE selling phakes, but now you have a legit source, they will not even consider your request.

The thing is, Microsoft, Adobe, Norton and the other major software suppliers RARELY IF EVER have "fire sales" or "closeouts". So, when you list that copy of Microsoft Office for $59 that commonly sells for $159, they KNOW what is up.

I would also install one of those legitimate software products on a computer and see if it lasts after 30 days. Because sometimes it will initially pass Microsoft's verification process, then one day you start up your system and the background turns black and says "WINDOWS NOT GENUINE".

You have to be very careful with these types of things because you CAN get into all sorts of trouble selling anything like this. And I have seen counterfeits that look EXACTLY like the real thing. They have the hologram on the disk, the "thread" thing and the case it comes in looks 100% perfect. But then the scenario I described above happens.

I KNOW this, because a friend of mine gave me a copy of Windows 7 when I built my PC. I initially thought it was the real deal, but after maybe 3 weeks, the warning popped up. I called Microsoft and told them I picked it up at a flea market because it was $50 and it looked perfect. They told me this can happen and offered to sell me a cheaper copy of Windows 7 if I would send the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ copy to them and give the details of who I bought it from. I told them I would be happy to send them the software, but I didn't think to ask for a name or address of the person I bought it from (who does that at a flea market???) and they told me to send it in for evaluation. Since they already had my information, I did and I even got the cheaper version they promised me.

Of course, I warned my friend who stopped selling it. My point is, sellers of counterfeits are never going to ADMIT they are selling counterfeits. So, you should test any software you buy, especially if it comes at a super cheap price. I remember that Windows 7 was selling for about $129 at the time and my friend was paying maybe $30 each, a price that is non-existent in the legitimate world of software.

Last edited by jeffweico; 10-23-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-23-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 55%

I already tried yesterday and it was a no go! The reason was because i had 10 cases opened against me and that was due to the stupid software i bought from the asian place on the internet. I'm really not surprised as i was already expecting that answer,so i have stealth account which im just getting stared on.

Anyway, The software wasn't Bootleg or OEM. They actually have technical support from the actual software maker. There was many times were i would get dumb clients that literally had to call in for technical support. This was the full software.