Account just went below standard - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-21-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default Account just went below standard

I am a fairley new seller with 2 accounts. One to list 300 items and $40,000 and the other for 1000.$25,000.

Over the Christmas break I had a ton of cancellations on one account and my defect rate is 12% which has put me below standard as of 20 Jan for that account. My second account still shows above standard though. The thing is right now, my selling limits are still the same

My question is will they change my limits and if they do will they change them on one account or both? And will my second account go below standard as well?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-21-2016

Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Account just went below standard

From my experience if they reduce one of your accounts selling limits, they'll reduce the others as well.

Also I hate to bring additional stress but I feel I should tell you that there is a chance they'll do more than reduce your selling limits, you may be permanently restricted from selling all together... from what I've read eBay REALLY hates cancellations due to a seller not being able to fulfill the order of a buyer, apparently it's one of the biggest reasons that buyers leave the site/starts ordering elsewhere.

Saying that, I hope you start exploring other options and really get into the stealth game...

If you're not already, I'd list a lot of items for cheap (sell at a loss) and try to reduce the defect rate as much as possible by the end of the month.
Old 01-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Thanks! Appreciate the response
Old 01-21-2016

Longevity: 56%

with 12% you'll be lucky not to get a ban
Old 01-21-2016

Longevity: 77%
Send a message via Skype™ to HelpNeeded!

Yeah 12% is VERY high. The limits will stretch across both accounts, and once you go below standard it is very hard to get them to increase those limits. If the accounts are aged enough, which it seems like they are, you will probably just get a severe restriction on your limits that you will have to deal with for a while. I would say 6 months of being above standard or TRS and you can get them increased again but those accounts have been branded as high risk. Suspension is also very possible. Just do your best to improve performance, try and get your transaction count up as high as you possibly can to increase the denominator and show that you are improving.
Old 01-23-2016

Activity: 23%

From previous experiences if the account goes below standard they will reduce your selling limits and probably stop you from selling all together.

But what's your second account percentage? if it's above standard and is set up differently to your first account then you still have hope in selling on that account.

If its set up with same name, address, IP etc like your first account then your second account will get linked to your first account so depends on how the second account is set up.
Old 01-25-2016

Read the Stealth Book ASAP and start establishing other accounts. You will be shut down, just a matter of time....Sorry.
Old 01-25-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicsolovag View Post
You will be shut down, just a matter of time....Sorry.
Not true, I recovered from being 12% below standard on a main account... it's definitely not a good place to be but it's not [always] the end of the world. Plan for the worst but never give up on an account until you get the MC999 indefinite letter.
Old 01-27-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu View Post
Not true, I recovered from being 12% below standard on a main account... it's definitely not a good place to be but it's not [always] the end of the world. Plan for the worst but never give up on an account until you get the MC999 indefinite letter.
For sure! I would not give up on the account either until it's suspended. However, I think the writing is on the wall and it would not be a bad idea to start some new stealth accounts...
Old 01-27-2016

This is exactly why I'm on stealth now, I've been a great seller for 4 years, all positive feedback, but the winners of the auction wouldn't pay. I canceled and got banned, I'm still new to this and praying it works out, I'm a small seller, but that $200 bucks keeps me afloat after bills have been paid. I'm really stressed because they wouldn't even let me appeal my case :(
Old 01-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

They will reduce your limits but just keep working it. Your income will take a hit for a few months but one rep told me to just list a bunch of little things, easy to ship, quick to get out in the mail. Get your item total up to lower the defect rating. Try to do it before they limit you. When they do it's really difficult to do and keep making money. I went to goodwill, bought a ton of VHS tapes for 50 cents each and listed them all for $1.99 with free shipping. I took a loss, the shipping was $2.72 each but I sold 91 in a month. It got me over 400 item so my seller standards were based on 3 months instead of 12 so it got me out of below standard. That was a few years ago. It will still work but you need to do it right now. They won't cancel listings you have if your limits are reduced. They just won't let you list any more. Do a fixed price listing for 30 days. I would try to do that asap while you can do it easily.

Don't forget to put a 'thank you' note in with each item asking them to contact you directly instead of going through ebay if there's a problem. You don't want any more cases opened or other issues.
Old 02-07-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by daellis View Post
I am a fairley new seller with 2 accounts. One to list 300 items and $40,000 and the other for 1000.$25,000.

Over the Christmas break I had a ton of cancellations on one account and my defect rate is 12% which has put me below standard as of 20 Jan for that account. My second account still shows above standard though. The thing is right now, my selling limits are still the same

My question is will they change my limits and if they do will they change them on one account or both? And will my second account go below standard as well?
They will Restrict/Suspend your selling accounts by BOT, you best chance is to close the account before the selling evaluation, the 1st day of every month.

You cannot appeal for any restriction/suspension due to "Out-Of-Stock" >2%, even though the new 2% policy screwed so many sellers already.
Old 03-03-2016

^^Yup, that's what happened to me. I'm doing fine now, I've had on buyer not pay so far and just opened a case on them. I learned my lesson the hard way.
Old 03-08-2016

Activity: 23%

I had no way of getting out of my below standard account as cases closed without resoloution was well above 0.30% I got it down to 2.7% I was able to list 324 items at £9,000 but weeks later my account limits went down to 50 items at £1,000 then a couple of days ago restricted me from selling for 7 days so I know a ban is on the way. I would of had to sell 1000 items to get out of it I only sold 130 or 140 and with limits reduced I had no chance.

Also depends on what sort of below standard you are.. If your above the 5% overall and cases closed is below 0.30% then you have a chance in getting out of it but if you've asked eBay to step in a few times and your cases closed are above 0.30% like 2% it would be very difficult to get out of.

All I can say is thank god for stealth accounts as I have others
The Following User Says Thank You to samspalace For This Useful Post:
stressed08 (04-29-2016)