New Account Suspended - Old Account Not - Same IP - How can I protect old account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-18-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Question New Account Suspended - Old Account Not - Same IP - How can I protect old account?

Hello, and thank you so much for this forum! I have a main account with ebay that is about 10 years old with 100% positive feedback. I recently created a new account to buy with. When I tried to build more feedback with penny auctions, I was suspended. Now I have logged into both, and created the second with the same IP address. Is there anything I can do now to go back and try to protect my old account? For example, how many log-ins does ebay store. If they store the last 10 log-ins in their cache, for example, can I log in 10 or so times with the new IP to "clear" their cache of the old IP? I was suspended just over a day ago, and if appears that they have not found my new account. I HAVE cleared my browser cache and cookies. Is it too late to change my name just a little bit on my main account? I did use a different email address, but everything else was the same. My account was suspended on Thursday, and this is Saturday morning.

Thanks so much!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-18-2007

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
Hello, and thank you so much for this forum! I have a main account with ebay that is about 10 years old with 100% positive feedback. I recently created a new account to buy with. When I tried to build more feedback with penny auctions, I was suspended. Now I have logged into both, and created the second with the same IP address. Is there anything I can do now to go back and try to protect my old account? For example, how many log-ins does ebay store. If they store the last 10 log-ins in their cache, for example, can I log in 10 or so times with the new IP to "clear" their cache of the old IP? I was suspended just over a day ago, and if appears that they have not found my new account. I HAVE cleared my browser cache and cookies. Is it too late to change my name just a little bit on my main account? I did use a different email address, but everything else was the same. My account was suspended on Thursday, and this is Saturday morning.

Thanks so much!

I don't think there is too much you can do about it. Your other account is bound to get suspended in the next few days. Paypal too. If I were you I would...

1. Do not log into the suspended account EVER again.
2. Don't read ANY email from Ebay, even questions and messages, from either account
3. Change your IP, delete your cookies
4. Create a new (⊗⊗⊗⊗) Ebay and Paypal account.
5. Refer to step 1

If by some miraculous chance your older Ebay account does not get suspended this week you could change the personal and financial information a little at time, over MANY MONTHS, until your 10yr account is completely different. Only then should you use it again.

You can change your information at Ebay if done with intelligence. Thousands of women every day get married and move into a new house. They all have to change their personal info on Ebay drastically.

Always be aware of what IP address you are on: IP Burger - What is my IP Address? Find Your IP Address! Keep a log on your desktop. Note which one(s) is associated with your suspended account.
Old 08-18-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

I recommend reading the eBay suspensions guide to start with.
Old 08-18-2007
Threadstarter  

Smile PayPal too? Emai...

Hello,

You think they will suspend my PayPal account too?

I appealed the suspension... I just told them that I was not aware that I was doing anything wrong... and I wasn't. Any chance they might reinstate my second account? It seems rather drastic on their part when there is nothing in their rules that states "buying lots of cheap items will constitute manipulation." I think that if they have a problem with penny auctions, then they should just not allow them. Have the minimum bid start at a quarter or a dollar, whatever they would feel comfortable with, not suspend people that don't know it's "wrong" in ebay eyes.

2. Don't read ANY email from Ebay, even questions and messages, from either account

If I am popping my email, and I have return receipts turned off, do you still think they can track what email I have looked at?

Question: On my main account I still have a couple items for sale... Should I go in and cancel them, or would it be better to leave them alone?

I already started changing some of the info in my main account and PayPal account, just a slight change in the spelling of my name and I deleted my link from PayPal to my ebay accounts that is all. Do you think this activity will flag me? Should I go and change it back?

Thanks so much for your advice!
Old 08-18-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I recommend reading the eBay suspensions guide to start with.
Thank you, I did read this, that is where I became aware that I had not changed my IP address when I logged in.

Do you have any suggestions Aspkin? Is that a picture of you? You look scary. LOL.
Old 08-18-2007

Longevity: 97%

I don't know Fancy, your playing with fire. Your making decisions too fast and possibly causing more damage. Don't end those auctions. Yes, Ebay uses tracking in their HTML emails. No, sending email to them will not get your account back for feedback manipulation. Nothing will.

You really need to take the time and read this forum before you do anything else. Use the search feature for specific questions you have. There is also a good ebook called Ebay Replay, google it. It's $30 but worth it.

If you must check your email for now, go to a friend's house. One that doesn't use Ebay. Clear your cookies, get a new IP at home, and don't go near any of your old accounts.
Old 08-18-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopster72 View Post
Ebay uses tracking in their HTML emails.
Do you mean if you click on the "respond now" button?

I hope that you aren't saying if you simply open an email from ebay

I used all web-based email, yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc...no Outlook for this DogFacedBoy

I had buyer from a couple of months ago contact me through "my messages" and of course that was sent to my registered email. So even though I couldn't access him through "my messages" I was able to read the message in my regular email.

Unfortunately, since he didn't contact me through regular email and I couldn't enter "my messages" I had not way of helping him with his problem getting the item to work for him again. Because I did not know how to contact him.

Yes, ebay really cares about the security and safety of members of their community.

Ebay started out as a great idea and it could be wonderful.

Now it is a joke and for now the only one of its type.

Didn't I hear Google had talked about stating an online auction site?
Old 08-18-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Just lay low?

Hi Cooper,

Thanks for your reply. I have read quite a bit on here, including the suspension guide. Sounds like my best bet now is just to lie low for a while? According to the replies, I was doomed anyway, it appeared to me that ebay was using some algorithm, so I wanted to see if I could at least give it a try.

On another subject, honestly, I did not know that purchasing cheap auctions was “manipulation.” It does not clearly state that in their rules, and it was only after fishing around and asking other people that I figured that out. After all, there is no guarantee that the seller or buyer will leave positive feedback in the penny auctions. If I did not pay, I could get a negative. I could leave them a negative if I did not get my product. I think it is unjust for ebay to punish people for unwritten rules. They need to publish the rules, and also simply change their auction format so that this is not something that can be done if they don’t like what is happening.
Old 08-18-2007

Quote:
On another subject, honestly, I did not know that purchasing cheap auctions was “manipulation.” It does not clearly state that in their rules, and it was only after fishing around and asking other people that I figured that out. After all, there is no guarantee that the seller or buyer will leave positive feedback in the penny auctions. If I did not pay, I could get a negative. I could leave them a negative if I did not get my product. I think it is unjust for ebay to punish people for unwritten rules. They need to publish the rules, and also simply change their auction format so that this is not something that can be done if they don’t like what is happening.
If they published their rules, suspensions might actually be appealable

If penny auctions are illegal, why does ebay allow them.

For crying out loud ebay gets a insertion fee for every item...these auctions make money for them

If someone is concerned about feedback, why don't they check the seller's/buyer's feedback page and read a few to see if the score was manufactured?
Old 08-18-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Aspkin - Do you agree?

Aspkin,

Do you agree with this completely? What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopster72 View Post
I don't know Fancy, your playing with fire. Your making decisions too fast and possibly causing more damage. Don't end those auctions. Yes, Ebay uses tracking in their HTML emails. No, sending email to them will not get your account back for feedback manipulation. Nothing will.
Old 08-26-2007
Threadstarter  

Hello, me again! I had previously appealed my suspension (I honestly did not know that buying penny auctions was against their rules). I did hear back from them, they sent me a form to fill out asking for my driver's license, etc. I think I would like to go forward with the appeal because I do not want them to suspend my older ebay accounts with higher feedback. Given my history above, what do you think?
Old 08-26-2007

Quote:
Hello, me again! I had previously appealed my suspension (I honestly did not know that buying penny auctions was against their rules). I did hear back from them, they sent me a form to fill out asking for my driver's license, etc. I think I would like to go forward with the appeal because I do not want them to suspend my older ebay accounts with higher feedback. Given my history above, what do you think?
i would say go ahead with the restoration process of this account otherwise u will be hiding from ebay rest of ur life.. like most of us
Old 08-26-2007

Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbid View Post
i would say go ahead with the restoration process of this account otherwise u will be hiding from ebay rest of ur life.. like most of us
they will fck her/him no matter what they do thats the problem man....once your banned or suspended somehow you will always be tracked by their computer system.
Old 08-26-2007

Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Aspkin,

Do you agree with this completely? What do you think?
I personally agree slow down...i did things too fast after getting banned and got banned 2x before I read aspkins help section and got back on for nearly 9 months or so then I changed my IP address (im assuming) that was the same as the last banned one.
Old 08-28-2007

I say u go along with the appeal. At this point u really have nothing to lose. Just don't give them too much info. If I beleive all they ask you for is your drivers license which has ur address and a phone bill or utility bill which also has your address. Don't give more than that. If they decide that theey will keep you suspended then you will have to read the guide and prepare to make your new account with new info