Turbolister Backups - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > EBay Tools and Software

EBay Tools and Software General discussions on eBay tools & software, Auctiva, Turbo Lister, InkFrog, ShipStation and more.

Old 03-01-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Turbolister Backups

everyone - totaly newbie on this site -didnt even know it exsisted - -

I've already posted this same message on the introduction section but not had any replies so thought I'd try it here - sorry if its against rules.....

I've had several ebay accounts over the years and lost a few too - always managed to get back on using girlfrineds/ family members etc. - first I lost had 24,000 positives.

Anyway I have two accounts at the moment with jointly 9000 low priced items listed - my main problem has always been Vero of course as due to the nature of what I sell (photographs) I'm always going to hit a problem. At the moment I'm going through a 30 days suspension from listing new items only - all my listings are still live and I'm trading . my concern at the moment is if I get hit with another item removal !!!!- my account manager at ebay said dont worry we will cross that bridge then - but thats easy for her to say.

Anyway here is my question - I have all my 9000 listings in turbolister (for my sins) if I do get knocked out on ebay and have to go though the Stealth Book to get back on to start again - how will I get my listings swapped over ? - I back up TL quite often but I've noticed you have to log in on TL using your ebay name - -- if I lose my account then set up a new one will they transfer over especially as I have to log into the suspended account - - or should I swap to some other backup method (i've heared of excel spread sheets but wouldnt know where to start)

anyway thats my question and so glad to find this site and that i'm not alone after all
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-02-2010

I would suggest Inkfrog for listing. It will allow you to swap accounts using the same data, however you will still have to type them all out again.

Are your items listed as GTC or do you relist them fresh every 30 days?
Old 03-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Totally agree with bode, List using Inkfrog or even Auctiva.

Whatever you do dont use turbolister its too risky.

You will find a load of threads on both inkfrog and auctiva, both excellent, and allow you to do most of your listing operations without even logging in to ebay
Old 03-02-2010
Threadstarter  

i list GTC

the only worry I have with anything that isnt 'made' by ebay is if they move the bloody goal posts again and ban third party softwear - I see that inkfrog can import from turboilister - but what if ebay all of a sudden say no more inkfrog ? anyway just had another item removed so bloody holding my breath overnight now to see if i'm banned :-(
Old 03-02-2010

I doubt that, they are more likely to remove merchant accounts before removing listing software...don't worry about it.

For next time, set up multiple accounts using the same registration info but different email address. The idea behind this is that when you get a vero hit you can transfer to the other account while the vero accounts cools down for 90 days.
The Following User Says Thank You to bode For This Useful Post:
perry43 (03-02-2010)
Old 03-02-2010
Threadstarter  

thanks mate
Old 03-02-2010
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I would not use turbo lister for any account.

I like Auctiva myself and have looked into Inkfrog some.

Turbo Lister got me into a pickle a long time ago and it won't happen again.

I have tried to find ways to save info and have done some copy/paste listings into Word to save me some typing.

I just change the font, colors, patterns of the wording etc.
Old 03-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry43 View Post
i list GTC

the only worry I have with anything that isnt 'made' by ebay is if they move the goal posts again and ban third party softwear - I see that inkfrog can import from turboilister - but what if ebay all of a sudden say no more inkfrog ? anyway just had another item removed so holding my breath overnight now to see if i'm banned :-(
Welcome to the forum.
If ebay say no more inkfrog, there will be a revolt. We know they can be stupid but I'd not worry yet. Auctiva & inkfrog are better for the layer of protection to be stealth .

The evidence from users here alone, is that turbolister might cause accounts to link. That's the one thing that should never happen...for obvious reasons.
Feel free to pm me if you have any problems.
Old 03-02-2010

Wow, Perry, that really sucks! You should definitely stay away from TurboLister starting immediately. Since you're going through a 30 day suspension at the moment, I would take the time to login to eBay and try to cut & paste as many of your listings into Word documents as possible. You won't be able to get everything, and some of the formatting will be lost, but at least you'll have something you can get your new accounts started with.

As others have stated, you should look to Auctiva or Inkfrog to do bulk listings. Of course it'll take some time, but once you get things back in order, you'll be in much better shape than using Turbo Lister.
Old 03-02-2010

I use an image file - 750 x 1000 pixel .png file for my listings. It contains all the information relevant to each listing. One size fits all.

The only thing that changes is the title of course...saves so much time and png description can be edited anytime during an auction even 2 mins before the end. All you do is upload your single listing page to photobucket and place the link in the html of your listing.
The Following User Says Thank You to bode For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-02-2010)
Old 05-08-2010
Threadstarter  

hi can anyone say if Inkfog - Auctiva or SSB will import my listings and pictures from turobolister or direct for live listings on ebay - or do I have to re-type and attach pics all over again ?

any help greatly appreciated

been reading inkfog hasnt got its eye on the ball these days - anyone ?
Old 05-08-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

You can disconnect from the internet, then start TL. From within TL, open each listing one at a time. Click the HTML tab in design view. Copy The entire contents of the listing, then paste to notepad. Save that file as <item name and number>.htm in a stash folder.

Doing that will create separate viewable files that can manually be sent to inkfrog, vendio, auctiva, or elsewhere. You can also go directly to the ebay website, manually create a new listing, click HTML tab, then paste the raw html code from your backed up files.

I strongly advise you to get rid of turbolister after that. It tattles on you.

Oh, yeah. After you close turbolister, reconnect to the interwebs.
Old 05-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

'Remove turbolister?' How to do that (in less than 1000 words) It is still there on a spare computer despite what I think have been my best efforts to remove it If I get rid of it, I've another 'pooter
Old 05-08-2010
Vicvelcro

I have not tested this theory, but my best thinking in regard to getting rid of turbolister:

1. Uninstall turbolister from the option within the program group in your start menu OR from your control panel add-remove-programs.

2. Delete the user profile from that PC. If you only have one profile on that PC, you must create a spare profile first. Then logoff the profile you will be nuking. Log into other profile, nuke the one that has to go.

3. Verify that the user profile is completely gone. Explorer > Documents and Settings > (look for the profile name that you deleted). If you don't see the profile, it is truly gone. If you do see the profile, you need to boot in safe mode, then delete the entire subfolder tree for that profile.

4. Recreate the profile, if you want to have that windows user account.

*** If you need more details, I can try to make a vid-tutorial or something. Typing out a longer instruction set would be painful for all of us....
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (05-08-2010)
Old 05-10-2010

I recommend Revo Uninstaller for removing awkward programs. It's fantastic software and will clean up redundant files from the registry after your program has been installed. You can even search for any references to ebay and it will remove stubborn files.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bode For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (05-12-2010)
Old 05-15-2010
Vicvelcro

Thank you. I'll be checking that out, next time I remove any apps.