eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   EBay Tools and Software (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tools-software/)
-   -   Auctiva (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tools-software/2182-auctiva.html)

Rook 01-11-2008 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 19959)
You get a merchant account through other people who then add on authorize.net, setup fee is lower or else free.

Oh, so let me see if I have this straight:
Link Auctiva with an Authorize.net account
Then link Authorize.net to CCNow.

Now you should be able to accept CC payments, Google Checkout, and even PayPal?? This sounds like a lot of middle men, what kind of fees would this add up to (I had read somewhere that CCNow is 5% + PayPal fees).

Jonas 01-11-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rook (Post 19990)
Oh, so let me see if I have this straight:
Link Auctiva with an Authorize.net account
Then link Authorize.net to CCNow.

Now you should be able to accept CC payments, Google Checkout, and even PayPal?? This sounds like a lot of middle men, what kind of fees would this add up to (I had read somewhere that CCNow is 5% + PayPal fees).

Why not just get a real merchant account?

Rook 01-11-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 20002)
Why not just get a real merchant account?

Is there anyway to setup a "real" merchant account so that the invoices are sent out automatically? Is there a cut and dry 'best' merchant account to use?

Jonas 01-11-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rook (Post 20010)
Is there anyway to setup a "real" merchant account so that the invoices are sent out automatically? Is there a cut and dry 'best' merchant account to use?

I don't know what is the best one, but auctiva checkout integrated sorta automates the invoices.

Rook 01-11-2008 09:04 PM

Well, it sounds like the benefit to getting the merchant account is that it is probably 2.5% cheaper. However the downside is that it doesn't accept PayPal... So now I have to figure out if it is worth the extra to be able to accept PP.

KSUE 01-15-2008 01:21 PM

How does one get sellers touse CCnow to do a paypal payment? In others words is their any reluctance on the part od the buyers to use this method to make a paypal payment and if so how do you move the buyer to complete the sale?

ebayhateluv 01-16-2008 12:24 AM

Hello:
You send the buyers the ccnow invoice as soon asthe auction ends, you also have a generic email ready for any questions- stating that ccnow is big, has 100% secure checkout, ccnow owned by Digital River co.. etc..
(I dont have to use it very often, but i keep it on my desktop)--

btycl 01-21-2008 11:20 PM

ebay complain

Hey Jonas

I agreed with you on the "eBay now is forcing everyone to accept PayPal" and they make it a pain to use another payment system. I used to use Bidpay and try to force all my customers to use Bidpay. It WORKED for me until Bidpay.com went out of business Dec 25 08. Takes months to try to get off the Ebay and Paypal TRAP. I do like to see some ACTION against them. They do alot of evil stuff like for example:

They make it look like you can choose to accept OTHER payments as PERFERRED. This is NOT ALLOW, ONLY PAYPAL CAN BE PERFERRED.

This is false advertising. There are many wrong and illegal things that ebay did that i've seen over the years. Hopefully someone will do something about this, it about time. Turn in those complains, ebay already accounts for 87% of all online complains.

Jonas 01-23-2008 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btycl (Post 21399)
They make it look like you can choose to accept OTHER payments as PERFERRED. This is NOT ALLOW, ONLY PAYPAL CAN BE PERFERRED.

This is false advertising. There are many wrong and illegal things that ebay did that i've seen over the years. Hopefully someone will do something about this, it about time. Turn in those complains, ebay already accounts for 87% of all online complains.

I had some people tell me that if you offer paypal, ebay forces it to say "paypal preferred" even if you don't prefer it.

MrJosh 01-23-2008 09:12 AM

What it forces is you to use eBay Checkout

On any auction that offers paypal, there will be the traditional eBay Pay Now button at the top of the auction.

sherrykosborn 01-23-2008 09:23 AM

I already posted this, but I will do it again. You can use Auctioncheckout.com and it will cost you $29 a month plus the normal credit card processing fees. A lot less cheaper than ccnow...about 1/2 the costs, but it will not let you accept Paypal.
It is fully integrated with Ebay and will send your customers invoices and all.

MrJosh 01-23-2008 12:53 PM

Well allow me to post this again---- eBay now has a requirement that you can only use paypal/merchant account for the first 10 items and then after that you MUST fax in a copy of your merchant account statment. You can have an auctioncheckout account, but you can't select that you take merchant accounts until you fax that info in.

Ok, so you say fine...I will just say I take paypal and then once the auction is over Auctioncheckout will send the invoice and I wont let them pay with paypal----not so fast!! eBay automatically puts the PAY NOW button on any auction that has paypal listed as an option!

Trust me on this one---i have had auctioncheckout---i know how it works and most importantly, i know how ebay works!

k1ley4evr 01-23-2008 01:08 PM

alot of problem i get is that the buyer dont acknowledge or read the invoice i send, and theyll just pay through the paypal from ebay automatically. Theres one buyer that kept sending me paypal even after i refunded him a few times.

ebayhateluv 01-23-2008 01:45 PM

Hi-sometimes,they act dumb. The day you file the unpaid item dispute-all of the sudden he'll smarten up...Its happened to me 2 or 3 times. Get a generic email ready-keep on your desktop-send to all buyers end of auction-assuring them of ccnow's 100% secure checkout..they're owned by Digital River, a software Giant,etc... - I also tell them, I am sorry- I do not have a Personal Paypal acct- I have a Retail Merchant Acct-like Walmart/Sears...(they'll pay)..

loveandhate 01-23-2008 02:24 PM

I dont think a real merchant account hooks up with auctiva smoothly for an easy checkout. am i right?

twdell 01-24-2008 09:27 AM

i was selling adult material on my ebay account that got suspened, and i could not offer paypal, so i just put in the auctions that i accept online payments. then in the invoice i asked that the buyer send me a request for payment instructions. i would then tell them to send a discreet paypal payment to my paypal account. it worked great. now i am opening a first data merchant account. i think i will do the same process as my discreet paypal payment process. that is if i can get my new accounts past the ebay police.

twdell 01-24-2008 09:30 AM

i have tried to use auctiva, but i cannot find any ebay motors categories. and for my adult products that i list on a weekly basis they do not offer a repeating listing schedule. i would have to manually list every item every week.

ytl 01-24-2008 04:51 PM

ok heres an idea, some interesting code that modifies the pay now button, or places a pay now button over the default pay now button, directing the user to your own checkout system (whatever that maybe). They pay. Done.

I can think of all the steps to make this work, except one, which is it probably wouldn't register as sold through eBay and thus you'd be avoiding the FVF which IMO I do not agree is right. Unless you integrated a redirect from the merchant account to the same place the confirm button takes the user, that would work but they'd get no confirm button which could also be an issue, plus they could pay without finishing and you could get into all sorts of mess.

PLUS the pay now button may break link policy, this can be avoided by using flash...

I think it can be done, technically, but they might be on anyone who does it like a ton of bricks - though I don't see whats so bad about integrating your own checkout, providing eBay get their FVF (and they should).

If only we could work out a way to do it, without breaking policy.

ebayhateluv 01-24-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twdell (Post 21803)
i have tried to use auctiva, but i cannot find any ebay motors categories. and for my adult products that i list on a weekly basis they do not offer a repeating listing schedule. i would have to manually list every item every week.

HI- In Auctiva- Upper right hand corner of new Listing- you will see USA, or Ebay USA,, click on the drop down box--choose Ebay Motors, Then Ebay Parts//etc..

Jonas 01-24-2008 11:07 PM

I have heard once some people did that with feedback.

twdell 01-25-2008 06:59 AM

so it is not safe to have the merchant account pay now link in the ebay checkout?
ebayhateluv thanks for the ebay motors advice. i should have looked there before.

imjustme 01-30-2008 07:26 AM

How does the Auctiva checkout work exactly?

I'm a newbie to this Auctiva and all I know about it (which isn't a lot), I have read around these forums. I understand it allows you to link your payment method? Can you change the payment link inside Auctiva so that if your PayPal account dies, you can just change it to another one?