eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   EBay Tools and Software (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tools-software/)
-   -   Auctiva (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tools-software/2182-auctiva.html)

ebayaintstupid 02-08-2007 04:33 PM

Auctiva

I was wondering if anyone out there that was using Auctiva before a suspension is using it in a new account.

Reason is that I was using Auctiva in my pre-suspension days and got used to it. But one account I created worked fine for about two weeks using Auctiva and then got linked to my suspended account when Auctiva sent out some listings. The listings got posted and within half an hour, the account was linked.

I heard that one possibility is that I had a reference to a common image in one of my listings, but I didn't use any common references to my knowledge. And I didn't even try to sell the same stuff.

Now, on my accounts without Auctiva, I am selling the same stuff I was and they haven't touched them.

So, does Auctiva in their little exchange to get the EBAY token among other things identify you to EBAY in some way? And if so, how?

machine 02-08-2007 11:00 PM

throughout the whole of last year,i used auctiva with every new account everytime an old one got suspended.and all the accounts were connected to the same paypal account.i know why and how my accounts were killed and it had nothing to do with auctiva.however things might be different this year cos ebay's stepped up with thier security measures.

cheers,
machine

ebayaintstupid 02-11-2007 06:15 PM

Thanks...

I think I know a way that EBAY does this. I think they plant images in their listings. Either beacons or well known icons.

Then, when you search and grab ads from EBAY, even if you aren't logged in, they are linking these icons to you.

If they get linked to a fixed IP address that belongs to a suspended account, and you later post them from a different account, the link is made.

I think that is how I got caught. I was stealing existing EBAY ads for my listings.

JackNoMore 02-11-2007 06:31 PM

I'd like to know this too. Whether I should go seek out another free auction host. It seems logical that using the exact same images stored on Auctiva connected to a suspended account could provide a clear link to ebay if you pulled them straight from that account for listing a new auction. Perhaps it would be safer to upload the images all over again? I'm not sure, but maybe worth a try?

jamesy 02-12-2007 05:56 AM

that's exactly what I think as well. when I got suspended I went to the trouble of re-shooting all my images, changing the file names and then uploaded them to a different image hosting site.

it would take some serious detective work to figure that out. I'm sure they have enough on their plate with people tripping themselves up anyway, given the many traps T&S have in place already.

I think the key is something aspkin had in the very first guides early last year - you have to become a new person - and that goes to the (timeconsuming) extent of having to do all this.;) ;) ;)

JackNoMore 02-12-2007 11:28 AM

With all the millions of photos filtering through ebay on a given day, I doubt you'd have to take all NEW photos, unless they're already personalized in some way. Generic pics should be fine. When you upload your existing images to a new hosting site, doesn't this already change the file names, adding enough to the extension to make it brand new? That was my understanding anyway.

jamesy 02-12-2007 01:30 PM

I only re-shot them all because I sell a particular line of items that few people are selling and mine had been shot in a distinctive way. if the items you're selling a more common then there's no need to I guess.

x2ruff4u 02-13-2007 07:08 AM

Its just like turbo lister to me. Auctiva reminds me of it. I only use what I know is safe and doesnt link me in anyway.

JackNoMore 02-13-2007 01:36 PM

Turbo Lister is a lot more buggy than Auctiva at least for me. I can almost always depend on Turbo Lister to give me some headache or another when listing, especially when I have a lot to get done! Never fails.

ebayaintstupid 02-13-2007 08:57 PM

So some of you have been using Auctiva on suspended...

accounts with success? How long?

aspkin 02-16-2007 05:05 PM

I agree, turbolister is a b*tch sometimes.

avarshav 02-16-2007 08:55 PM

I've used photobucket exclusively. Free, easy signup, throwaway accounts with decent bandwidth limits. Even if you are listing lots of pictures on auctions with lots of traffic, you could easily use one account for several dozen listings a week, and if you need more bandwidth, open a new account.

I plan on just getting a new photobucket account(s) anyway. Its easy and costs zip. And to everyones point, you just link to the pics in your description, and that added pics cost you nothing. I created all my listings in FrontPage with links to all the pics, and just copy and paste the html into turbolister. Its the easiest way I've found to create professional looking ads.

ebaykilla 02-26-2007 01:57 PM

Re-using Auctiva After Suspension

I am a suspended user and I would like to know if re-using the same Auctiva account that sent my previous auctions will trigger another suspension. I was suspended for being "linked" to another ID. I am worried that the URL's of old images I have there are now being tracked..is this true? Or should I open a new auctiva a/c?? I will follow the guidelines laid out in this forum to get back up and running but I have alot of auctions and pictures stored on auctiva and I want to simplify the process. I already plan to change up the wording in the listing.....:confused:

aspkin 02-26-2007 02:18 PM

If the picture URLs are exactly the same, then yes that could be a problem. But be sure that your computer is clean and your ip different as well. There are a lot of factors that can link your accounts; any one mistake can link your account.

eBay suspension guide

ebaykilla 02-26-2007 02:30 PM

Re-using Auctiva After Suspension

So how do I change the URL? Any ideas?

JackNoMore 02-27-2007 02:47 PM

To be safe, I'd recommend creating a new user id on Auctiva as well. It is after all free, and you have nothing to lose by doing so, while not doing so could cause another suspension. Auctiva isn't run by Ebay, but they are close associates it seems, closer than some others. Better safe than sorry. :)

ebaykilla 02-28-2007 11:28 AM

I don't think eBay and Auctiva share info at all. eBay is not a fan of any outside vendor with services that they offer and I can't see Auctiva sharing your information with eBay. I think the URL may pose a problem if eBay keeps picture link data.

JackNoMore 02-28-2007 12:22 PM

It may all come down to the neutrality of your user name. I'm curious to know how close your user names would have to line up before ebay could track that back to you. Would, for instance, having the same user name on both Auctiva and Ebay make any difference? If not, you could keep the same Auctiva account for as long as you like. You would only need to re-upload your photos.

ebaykilla 02-28-2007 12:36 PM

I don't think eBay has a hold of your Auctiva user name. When you go generate a token, your Auctiva login is no where to be found on the oage.

Does anyone know if you push auctions thru Auctiva, is your IP address going along with it or is the IP addy coming from Auctiva's own? For instance...if I list an auction from a "ebay banned" PC thru Auctiva, will eBay know that?

JackNoMore 02-28-2007 02:06 PM

Why does anybody do anything? For any number of reasons really. For instance, it was there before the ebay account and you like it...or it's attached to your business name and people already know you...or....you're just curious, etc. Curiosity may kill the cat eventually, but without it he'll have a pretty dull epitaph. As for creating a new account just for the heck of it....hey you stole that line from me! ;)

ebaykilla 02-28-2007 02:13 PM

What about my IP address question? what IP address is sent out when you push thru new auctions? My IP or Auctiva's?

aspkin 02-28-2007 07:44 PM

I never used Auctiva before, how does it work? Is it like a turbolister, where you download a client to create and upload your auctions? Or is it something you do from Auctiva's website?