changing IP question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 05-01-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default changing IP question

I've just started reading the guide and im about to create an account but Im having a problem regarding the IP address.
Although I have a dynamic IP, my router (Linksys WAG200G) doesn't have the option to change the MAC address. I can still get new IP's by turning off or resetting the router, but without a MAC address I won't be able to retain them and I will be using a new IP everytime.
Im planning to go back and forth in 2 accounts, one is restricted but I still have business left there.

My question is, once an IP address has changed does it ever go back to an old one?
And also what other ways can I use to change the IP?

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-01-2018
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%
Default Re: changing IP question

Other than VPN and trying to retain by going back to same MAC address, that's pretty much it unless you have other internet service providers.

It's fine to have different IPs each time you login but make sure to always access with the same computer and cookies intact. VPN is good too if you can swing it.

Last edited by aspkin; 05-02-2018 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-02-2018
Threadstarter  

Thanks for replying.
I will consider VPN but I'll keep it as a last option. I've used VPN programs in the past for other purposes, hotspot shield, avira phantom, but somehow I always got tracked down.

Would it be possible to change the MAC address manually through a third party software?
I found this tool that claims to change the MAC address called "Technitium MAC Address Changer" but I still haven't figured out how it works. It shows a different MAC address from the one in my router. And when I change back to an old MAC address it gives me an error.

And also regarding VPN, would it be suspicious if I get different IP's from different continents in a short timeframe?
Old 05-02-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,251 Posts
Activity: 25%
Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch3shirecat View Post
Thanks for replying.
I will consider VPN but I'll keep it as a last option. I've used VPN programs in the past for other purposes, hotspot shield, avira phantom, but somehow I always got tracked down.
OP, what aspkin is referring to is a proper VPN not a pubblic or abused one. Sellers in the marketplace offer this service and you'll have the chance to get a Dedicated IP not blacklisted from eBay. This is the VPN for stealth.

Quote:
And also regarding VPN, would it be suspicious if I get different IP's from different continents in a short timeframe?
Absolutely yes... it will be suspicious even if you get them not in a short timeframe. Avoid.
Old 05-02-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Just to clarify, the software you mentioned is changing the MAC of your NIC and not the MAC of your router. Meaning if you use that software your router's MAC would still be the same so that wouldn't be a sure-fire way of locking in IP's.

It's possible you're getting that error because you're trying to apply a router MAC to your NIC.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 05-02-2018 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-03-2018
Threadstarter  

Thank you all for your answers, its much more clear now.
I just noticed that MAC spoofing is actually mentioned in the guide, I didn't pay attention the first time cause I wasn't sure what it was.

I have one more question, hope it isnt offtopic:

Naturally a debit card is linked to a bank account.
I had attached my debit card to my restricted paypal account, but I never attached my bank account directly.
I was wondering if paypal is aware they are linked?
This way it would be possible to make 2 different paypal accounts, one using the IBAN and the other using the debit card from the same bank account.
Old 05-04-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,251 Posts
Activity: 25%
Longevity: 61%

Quote:
I had attached my debit card to my restricted paypal account, but I never attached my bank account directly.
I was wondering if paypal is aware they are linked?
This way it would be possible to make 2 different paypal accounts, one using the IBAN and the other using the debit card from the same bank account.
PayPal can't see any link between them if money flows from PayPal account to the card/bank account.
Yes is possible to use them for 2 different accounts providing that your PayPal allows to withdraw to a card
Old 05-07-2018
Threadstarter  

Thats really great to know.
I just finished making my first paypal/eBay Stealth account and Ill let it rest for 30 days.

I confirmed paypal using a VCC only to avoid going to the bank. But if I understand this correctly, attaching an IBAN to paypal would require confirmation from the bank, even though my Paypal is already verified?

Also, would it be ok to use Paypal with other marketplaces (like etsy or aliexpress) during the first 30 days after creating it or is there a limit that would flag my account?

Last edited by ch3shirecat; 05-07-2018 at 11:03 AM.