ISP says my IP is DYNAMIC, but... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 08-31-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK
Default ISP says my IP is DYNAMIC, but...

I have never been able to change it! It has been the same for as long as I can remember. I did some searching and found how to check to see if you have a Dynamic or Static IP...

Quote:
Open a DOS window, and type the command:

ipconfig /all

Look at the results. If the line Dhcp Enabled has a Yes beside it, you have a dynamic IP address. You'll also see at the bottom of the output when the lease was obtained and when it expires. This is when your machine got the IP address, and when it will be getting a new one from the DHCP server.
I tried this and it shows that it is dynamic, and like I said, I even called my ISP to confirm this, so why can't I change it? It does have an issue, and expire date, which is the same calender day. So according to DOS it is changing daily.

Get this. Before I even heard about stealth accounts I was on eBay with multiple accounts, and I had no idea I could be linked. I've had at least 3 suspended accounts before my last one, and none of them were suspended due to being linked, so what gives? Is my IP somehow changing without me knowing it?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-31-2009

Longevity: 89%

thablewprnt, this IP issue can be resolved. just let us know more about the exact detail steps on how you try to change the IP.
Old 08-31-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thablewprnt View Post
It does have an issue, and expire date, which is the same calender day.
Does it also have a expiration time along with the date?

If so...make sure your modem is unplugged during that time so it can't renew your current IP address.

That always works with my ISP.
Old 08-31-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon999 View Post
thablewprnt, this IP issue can be resolved. just let us know more about the exact detail steps on how you try to change the IP.
Hi there blue. This is the method I have tried.

Quote:
1. Click on "Start" in the bottom left hand corner of screen
2. Click on "Run"
3. Type in "command" and hit ok

You should now be at an MSDOS prompt screen.

4. Type "ipconfig /release" just like that, and hit "enter"
5. Type "exit" and leave the prompt
6. Right-click on "Network Places" or "My Network Places" on your desktop.
7. Click on "properties"

You should now be on a screen with something titled "Local Area Connection", or something close to that, and, if you have a network hooked up, all of your other networks.

8. Right click on "Local Area Connection" and click "properties"
9. Double-click on the "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" from the list under the "General" tab
10. Click on "Use the following IP address" under the "General" tab
11. Create an IP address (It doesn't matter what it is. I just type 1 and 2 until i fill the area up).
12. Press "Tab" and it should automatically fill in the "Subnet Mask" section with default numbers.
13. Hit the "Ok" button here
14. Hit the "Ok" button again

You should now be back to the "Local Area Connection" screen.

15. Right-click back on "Local Area Connection" and go to properties again.
16. Go back to the "TCP/IP" settings
17. This time, select "Obtain an IP address automatically"
tongue.gif 18. Hit "Ok"
19. Hit "Ok" again
20. You now have a new IP address

With a little practice, you can easily get this process down to 15 seconds.

P.S:
This only changes your dynamic IP address, not your ISP/IP address.
This is the only method I have tried. And after I try it I go to What's My IP Address? Networking Tools & More, and it never changes. Leaving my modem unplugged for a week is not an option, but it has been off for about 4 days with no change. I'm open to any other methods.
Old 08-31-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Do you have a router?
Old 08-31-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyGotMeToo View Post
Does it also have a expiration time along with the date?

If so...make sure your modem is unplugged during that time so it can't renew your current IP address.

That always works with my ISP.
Screen:

Old 08-31-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
Do you have a router?
No router. I connect directly from cable modem to PC.
Old 08-31-2009

Try SMAC. It's a better method. Have been using it for about a year and never give me any problem.

SMAC MAC Address Changer for Windows
The Following User Says Thank You to bluemoon999 For This Useful Post:
IDK (08-31-2009)
Old 08-31-2009
Threadstarter  

^ Looks like a lot of options. Can you tell me how to use it?
Old 08-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

I have dynamic and all those method above do not work for me. I have to unplug my modem and plug it back it to get a new ip every time.
Old 08-31-2009

Yes, I do that every time when I need a new IP or switch to another IP. DHCP will not assign your computer a new IP unless the modem is power off then back on with a new MAC.
Old 09-01-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Most efficient means of changing IP if you have a router: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...html#post96876

Most efficient means of changing IP if you connect directly to your ethernet adapter: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...html#post96896

When viewing the results of ipconfig /all , the DHCP lease time is a set number. When the lease expires, it will renew the same IP address for the same duration. If your modem is on at the lease expiration, your IP will not change. If you turn your modem off just before the lease expiration then turn it back on after it expires, you will get a new IP. BUT BUT BUT this is living life the hard way.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
bluemoon999 (09-01-2009)
Old 09-12-2009

Red face HELP !! Dynamic IP Address??

We have AT&T complete package, covers the computer ~ TV and the phone. When I unplug the power to the modem the whole system goes down including the TV! Next I tried the little black plug on back of box, again the same thing.Begining to think we have a router or modem from h**l !!
I don't want Ebay to link suspended account to an account my brother has had for 10 years now.
Old 09-12-2009
Vicvelcro

If you are still connected when the DHCP lease expires, it automatically renews the SAME address you already had. If the lease expires and you are NOT connected, the address may be issued to somebody else and then when you reconnect you would get a new address. If the old address is still un-re-issued, you would get that address again.

As far as unplugging the box goes, you might be unplugging the wrong box. You should have a modem AND a separate box for the TV or even multiple boxes if you have multiple TVs.

It is possible that AT&T has a new box designed for your type of service which combines everything in one unit.

Try removing the line from the PC to the AT&T box, then change the MAC address of your NIC. Then reconnect the PC to the AT&T equipment. If you connect wirelessly, drop the connection, change the MAC of the wireless adapter, reconnect.
Old 09-12-2009

Did you change the MAC addresses before powering off?

What the exact steps did you do?
Old 09-12-2009

Thank you so much for your input. My main concern is not getting my brothers account suspended due to same IP address!
Old 09-12-2009

Our AT&T book reads it has a residential gateway. I live at my brothers so I have to be careful what I do! He would have a fit. I am not IP address savy. I am good with the computer tho, and can follow steps to the T. Verizon was so much easier. Turn off the modem for a while and switch back on! I better not let my niece sign into her Ebay account from our PC then...........right?>?>

P.S> you guys are awesome!
Old 09-13-2009

Longevity: 84%
Unhappy Vero's are nasty people

Hi all
I have the same problem,my ebay account been suspended without any reason given by ebay,I've been referred to the vero(Verified Rights Owner) who requested the suspension and it's indefinite.

I'm still waiting a reply from the vero,I have been trading with ebay for over 6years with 4500+ positive feedback.

I want to start to trade again as soon as possible,I have a belkin router and I believe I have a dynamic IP since every time I disconnect and connect the power it changes according to this website
whatismyipaddress.com

However,when I check the router setup it is always the same ip.
my router gives me the option to change it from 0 to 99(last digit).

the question is:
is it enough to disconnect and connect or change the last digit to solve opening another ebay account?

your help is appreciated
thanks
Old 09-13-2009
Vicvelcro

You are looking at the incorrect IP address in your router. You are looking at the LAN IP, which is unimportant. You need to be looking at the WAN IP, which is important. Best to view that from whatismyipaddress.com or ipchicken.com or IPBurger.com

LAN is the address of your computer for your INTERNAL network. WAN is your address to the rest of the outside world.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Love-Hate-Ebay (09-14-2009)
Old 09-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
You are looking at the incorrect IP address in your router. You are looking at the LAN IP, which is unimportant. You need to be looking at the WAN IP, which is important. Best to view that from whatismyipaddress.com or ipchicken.com or IPBurger.com

LAN is the address of your computer for your INTERNAL network. WAN is your address to the rest of the outside world.
you're 100% right I was looking at the LAN IP:>

I've checked my WAN IP with all 3 links you provided,it works it does change every time I connect/disconnect and it is constant with the 3 links.

Question?
When I checked my internet WAN connection setting,it gives me the 5 options below with PPPoE ticked not the Dynamic,am I in the clear as it is or do I need to set it as dynamic?

-PPPoE
-PPPoA
-Dynamic IP (1483 Bridge)
-Static IP (IPoA)
-Modem only (Disable Internet sharing)

Many thanks
Old 09-14-2009
Vicvelcro

When reading a computer related statistic, be precise. Your router does not say dynamic.

It says Dynamic IP (1483 Bridge) - Since I can already tell that you have a DSL line, you DON'T have a 1483 bridge.

PPPoE is the setting for your router. If you try to choose any other setting, you will lose your internet connectivity.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 09-14-2009 at 02:53 AM.
Old 09-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
When reading a computer related statistic, be precise. Your router does not say dynamic.

It says Dynamic IP (1483 Bridge) - Since I can already tell that you have a DSL line, you DON'T have a 1483 bridge.

PPPoE is the setting for your router. If you try to choose any other setting, you will lose your internet connectivity.
My mistake,I'm not good as youthat's why I copied the list as below to be more specific.
PPPoE
-PPPoA
-Dynamic IP (1483 Bridge)
-Static IP (IPoA)
-Modem only (Disable Internet sharing)