Is there ANY way to re-use a suspended address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 12-26-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Question Is there ANY way to re-use a suspended address?

Happy Holidays to everyone - hope you and yours are having a safe and fun time during the break.

Question: Is there ANY way to safely re-use a suspended street address?

My business address (a commercial address, this is really my warehouse) and the ebay/pp accounts were closed due to being linked to a suspended family member. I recently got my PP 180 day check for my PP balances. The accounts were closed earlier this year around March. What I wanted to do (I know, I know, what I "want" is irrelevant ) was to take one of my powerseller/top seller stealth accounts (age ~ 6 months, FB > 180 & 100%, DSRs all > 4.9s) and change the street address to the suspended address. Of course my stealth instincts already tell me the answer is most likely a "NO" and I'll just "waste" a good account.

But what's the harm in asking the vets?

Thanks as always for the help and have a stealthy New Year!

Termed
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-26-2009

Longevity: 84%

I'm not a "vet" but instinct and knowing that paypal/ebay use 8th grade morons with a KILL mentality says---- DO NOT DO THIS.
Old 12-26-2009
Banned

Longevity: 85%

Just get a UPS box as your 2nd business address problem solved
Old 12-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

can you reuse a suspended address - YES, Ive done it, BUT, only for slow, under radar accounts.....all my addresses and relatives ones are suspended but theyve all been making slow money for me for years now..!

All you do is slightly change name and address eg, last letter of zip and put say 40a instead of 40 for door........
Old 12-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

grrrrr.This is the Catch 22. Why/maybe/yes are the answers. LOL.

Let's examine the answers 1 x 1: why are you risking linking those accounts. What is the importance of that address that you want to do this
Is it worthwhile risking suspension.

Maybe you can: look at it from an economic pov. Maybe there is a new person living there. Maybe the account made is so rock solid it will take ebay scrutiny. Maybe the Moon will melt

Yes: do it and have the worry of doing it all the time. Go with your gut. Go with my gut feeling DONT risk a ps account
Old 12-27-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 87%

As usual, many thanks for the replies.

onceuponatime - thanks for your thoughts, I am with ya.

oge - UPS box - yes, I already use them for other accounts, but cannot for this purpose.

oompa - thanks, but I was thinking of using this MUCH more actively.

GB - Ugggghh, always the thinker...
Suffice it to say that it was just an idea trying to to get a pre '07 PS acct reinstated.
But I am not someone who tries to re-invent the wheel, and thus will not risk the ps acct.

Thanks again to everyone.

Termed
Old 01-26-2010

Longevity: 85%

auctually, the ebay account im using now has an address that was the same as my previous suspended account. This is what I did with second account, register it, just buy stuff with it and not sell anything. I got it to over 50 feedbacks just by purchasing and not selling, and it was around 7 months old. I started to sell around that time and my feedback is over 500 now and powerseller status. The address and name is exactly the same as the suspended one. the suspended one is still suspended. I don't know if this is true with everyone but this is just one of my accounts. It is so much easier to have returns packages and non deliveries go back to my home address.

Last edited by mebemaba; 01-26-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

My real address was suspended ... about a year ago, registered buying account in different name , suspended address, had bought on it...until I got 50 feedback, then about 3 months ago turned it in to seller account, added bank etc...and selling on it now - not alot and nothing shady. just stuff that didnt fit me or I didnt like when it arrived etc..nothing has happened to me!!! However I will (try) not to link it to any other account...but it seems a suspended address is not that poisonous if treated correctly.. I would not use it for a serious selling account, that you have alot riding on....however as I said before, I have another smallish selling account in a variation of real address, its still fine and selling well....
Old 02-13-2010

You would think a Ups mailbox would be just as good for buying and returns also you don't have to worry about the Delivery guy waking you up at 9 in the morning, pounding on your door as soon as you step in the shower or leaving that slip on your door just after you go out for a moment which all 3 happen to me consistently. I would much rather go with the mailbox.
Old 02-13-2010

Longevity: 82%

I've always used a real address and my sister is happily selling occasionally at our old suspended ebay/ negative Paypal account address...different IP though and that's the real issue on this subject.
Old 02-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

agreed ^^^, different name + real address banned address + different goods + different ip + no cookie etc

after all, people move all the time.......

do not recommend this for a make or break account, but an extra small account - sure!!
Old 02-14-2010

I still don't understand the purpose of wanting to use your own adress over a business mailbox unless you just want to be able to verify it with a land line.
Old 02-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuntz View Post
I still don't understand the purpose of wanting to use your own adress over a business mailbox unless you just want to be able to verify it with a land line.
cost factors for multiple accounts I presume
Old 02-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

I fully understand the reasoning with wanting to use a particular address, as this is most likely your current genuine contact address and you are getting serious about selling, hence you want to be able to display this address on parcels, use for returns, Paypal postage etc.

The biggest problem will be if any linked accounts to this account have fees outstanding.

If not its still very risky if you have a suspended Paypal account with that address.

The tips above are the best. A post office box is the best solution. The worst thing to happen would be if your well nurtured account was to get limited due to the linked address.

I often think the same thing as you, that it would be nice to use my real address for the convenience of returns, it can be a problem sometimes with returns if you have a stealth address.

But I have learned that it it feels risky, its often not worth doing it. You have to weigh up the convenience of having your real address weighed up against the chances of them linking it and killing your accounts.

Stay stealth if possible, more chance of survival.