Is ebay using browser fingerprinting now? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 01-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Is ebay using browser fingerprinting now?

How many of you all did not get suspended after first listing? Seems like ALL my accounts are getting suspended after first listing. Some of you seem to imply that you are not getting suspended after first listing. Slokor implied that there are threads that have fixed this problem, but I searched, and didn't see any solutions for the first listing suspension problem unless someone willing to post a link.

My setup now is all through firefox portable. For those of you that do not get suspended after first listing, do you use firefox portable? User accounts? Or Virtual machine?

Also, do you use your regular home internet IP address? Or do you use mobile IP address? bought IP address?

Not sure if this is relevant, but with firefox portable, what I do is I install firefox portable the first time, and never use it to access any websites. I update it as usual, but NEVER EVER visit any websites whatsoever. I close the FF portable then make copies of the same folder then use those folders to create ebay accounts, netting me 500/25000 or 1000/25000. Could those folders be linked to the same user?

What do you all think? If the only thing that works is virtual machines, then I'm assuming ebay has started using browser fingerprints?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Is ebay using browser fingerprinting now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
How many of you all did not get suspended after first listing? Seems like ALL my accounts are getting suspended after first listing. Some of you seem to imply that you are not getting suspended after first listing. Slokor implied that there are threads that have fixed this problem, but I searched, and didn't see any solutions for the first listing suspension problem unless someone willing to post a link.
Is eBay now fingerprinting?
Let's hear fromt the horses mouth.
Below are excerpts from eBay's updated Privacy Notice and User Cookie Notice:

"Additionally, there are other technologies that function without local storage [cookies] in your end device and instead make use of, inter alia, browser functions. In this context, a 'fingerprint' of your system is created that serves as a unique identifier."

"These technologies may function across all your browsers and in some cases are not fully managed by your browser, but may need to be managed directly from your installed applications or your device. We sometimes use the terms cookies and similar technologies interchangeably."

"In general, these technologies enable us to track your user behaviour and identify you - even across devices"

"we collect data regarding your device (e.g. the operating system and its version) to provide a uniform service on all your devices."

Quote:
My setup now is all through firefox portable. For those of you that do not get suspended after first listing, do you use firefox portable? User accounts? Or Virtual machine?

Also, do you use your regular home internet IP address? Or do you use mobile IP address? bought IP address?
I never use firefox portable because eventually all of these will be updated to the same version. If eBay uses fingerprinting to track us, this will produce an unsafe scenario as most of your browsers will be the same thing and give off the same information. However, if they rely only on cookies, that is at best, just fine. Although I imagine manually inspecting five accounts that use the same browser down to the same version will raise some eyebrows - so under no circumstance will I use a portable browser.

I use Opera and Firefox, but I never repeat versions, and I never let them update. In rare cases, I use Chrome, but it takes a lot of work to fine-tune it to my taste.

I don't use broadband internet, but that's because I find it convenient to use mobile sim IPs instead. Guaranteed someone is going to get vexed If I keep restarting the router.

Quote:
Not sure if this is relevant, but with firefox portable, what I do is I install firefox portable the first time, and never use it to access any websites. I update it as usual, but NEVER EVER visit any websites whatsoever. I close the FF portable then make copies of the same folder then use those folders to create ebay accounts, netting me 500/25000 or 1000/25000. Could those folders be linked to the same user?

What do you all think? If the only thing that works is virtual machines, then I'm assuming ebay has started using browser fingerprints?

Virtual machines are a sure upgrade from user accounts. You can vary your browser, fonts, OS and 47 other things that eBay might be looking out for. However, virtual machine users still report eBay related problems here. and this leaves me to ponder in three directions:

1. Could it be these users are only halfway implementing the security VMs have to offer, so they unwittingly fail to look unique to eBay?

2. Could eBay be comparing our information against a 'public database' at some point during account creation or after listing?

3. Javascript code can be written to sniff out VMs indirectly. This would be simple to accomplish even for a single programmer. eBay could implement it if they wanted to.

The sudden barrage of topics all revolving around the same kind of difficulty: Account creation/suspensions make me lean toward the notion that eBay has implemented fingerprinting and also uses public data to verify accounts at some point. Although it would seem some stealth account still slip through.

Last edited by Pandoras_box; 01-29-2020 at 11:29 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (01-29-2020), warmfun (02-18-2020)
Old 01-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 38%
Longevity: 81%

I've been having no problems of late.

Use a mobile tethering IP and FFOX portable

When I make the account i immediately go into advertising preferences and uncheck all that ****. Also with communication preferences.

UK and USA could very well be different. For example DE is tough these days.
Old 01-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Pretty much most accounts need a call in now.
Old 01-29-2020

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%

Public database.
Ebay has its own data base,more comprehensive than the public one.
Old 01-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Public database.
Ebay has its own data base,more comprehensive than the public one.
It is well know as a version of Lexus Nexus. Just standard security data base.
Old 01-29-2020
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
It is well know as a version of Lexus Nexus. Just standard security data base.
How much does that cost? I can't find pricing anywhere
Old 01-29-2020
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
I've been having no problems of late.

Use a mobile tethering IP and FFOX portable

When I make the account i immediately go into advertising preferences and uncheck all that ****. Also with communication preferences.

UK and USA could very well be different. For example DE is tough these days.
Are yours the high limit accounts or are your accounts the one that start off small?
Old 01-29-2020

Longevity: 24%

That's odd. Try changing your browser settings to avoid potential fingerprinting and test it again. Use Device Info https://www.deviceinfo.me/ to see what information your browser already makes available. There's a lot of different things that could be used for fingerprinting browsers, but maybe blocking at least the Canvas and AudioContext fingerprinting would be a good start.
Old 01-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
How much does that cost? I can't find pricing anywhere
You have to be a business that requires data security. So an employer or property management company, financial institute etc...
Old 01-31-2020

Longevity: 35%

There are many other ways that eBay detects multiple accounts. Thinking that only IP & Cookies is what linking between fresh accounts in 2020 could be naive. What you can do is use residential proxies. + Virtual machine.

Datacenter proxies are well known to get flagged quickly. because honestly, who use proxies to create accounts? only those who going stealth.

eBay, Amazon,etc have their own database of those IP ranges and flag them quickly.

Mobile Hotspots is the best method nowadays to create new accounts.
Old 02-02-2020

Longevity: 25%

Quote:

i think you should notice one important thing , you need to disable webRTC in firefox , this is a big leak in the browser that can lead to your true IP and system information that ebay can detect and compare ,
look in google for tutorial , how to disable webrtc in firefox

Last edited by dazller_the_great; 02-02-2020 at 02:21 AM.
Old 02-02-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by afincho View Post
There are many other ways that eBay detects multiple accounts. Thinking that only IP & Cookies is what linking between fresh accounts in 2020 could be naive. What you can do is use residential proxies. + Virtual machine.

Datacenter proxies are well known to get flagged quickly. because honestly, who use proxies to create accounts? only those who going stealth.

eBay, Amazon,etc have their own database of those IP ranges and flag them quickly.

Mobile Hotspots is the best method nowadays to create new accounts.
yes i agree , but i noticed that eBay also flag some mobile internet providers , that was obvious in my latest few tests , just be smart and try one before investing in those stealth accounts
Old 02-02-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
Is eBay now fingerprinting?
Let's hear fromt the horses mouth.
Below are excerpts from eBay's updated Privacy Notice and User Cookie Notice:

"Additionally, there are other technologies that function without local storage [cookies] in your end device and instead make use of, inter alia, browser functions. In this context, a 'fingerprint' of your system is created that serves as a unique identifier."

"These technologies may function across all your browsers and in some cases are not fully managed by your browser, but may need to be managed directly from your installed applications or your device. We sometimes use the terms cookies and similar technologies interchangeably."

"In general, these technologies enable us to track your user behaviour and identify you - even across devices"

"we collect data regarding your device (e.g. the operating system and its version) to provide a uniform service on all your devices."

I never use firefox portable because eventually all of these will be updated to the same version. If eBay uses fingerprinting to track us, this will produce an unsafe scenario as most of your browsers will be the same thing and give off the same information. However, if they rely only on cookies, that is at best, just fine. Although I imagine manually inspecting five accounts that use the same browser down to the same version will raise some eyebrows - so under no circumstance will I use a portable browser.

I use Opera and Firefox, but I never repeat versions, and I never let them update. In rare cases, I use Chrome, but it takes a lot of work to fine-tune it to my taste.

I don't use broadband internet, but that's because I find it convenient to use mobile sim IPs instead. Guaranteed someone is going to get vexed If I keep restarting the router.

Virtual machines are a sure upgrade from user accounts. You can vary your browser, fonts, OS and 47 other things that eBay might be looking out for. However, virtual machine users still report eBay related problems here. and this leaves me to ponder in three directions:

1. Could it be these users are only halfway implementing the security VMs have to offer, so they unwittingly fail to look unique to eBay?

2. Could eBay be comparing our information against a 'public database' at some point during account creation or after listing?

3. Javascript code can be written to sniff out VMs indirectly. This would be simple to accomplish even for a single programmer. eBay could implement it if they wanted to.

The sudden barrage of topics all revolving around the same kind of difficulty: Account creation/suspensions make me lean toward the notion that eBay has implemented fingerprinting and also uses public data to verify accounts at some point. Although it would seem some stealth account still slip through.
wow , thats a lot of information , thanks a lot ,
now after pointing to the source of the problem , we need to start looking for the right tools to get the fingerprint data fixed , if you look around there is many tools and services that provide powerful control over that ,but it needs time to learn how to use it ,
Old 02-02-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy74 View Post
That's odd. Try changing your browser settings to avoid potential fingerprinting and test it again. Use Device Info https://www.deviceinfo.me/ to see what information your browser already makes available. There's a lot of different things that could be used for fingerprinting browsers, but maybe blocking at least the Canvas and AudioContext fingerprinting would be a good start.
i use this website for checking the fingerprint , https://amiunique.org/fp
it have a bit more than deviceinfo.me , take a look at the option wuth the name "Media Devices" it has a unique key that is only for your windows setup ,im not sure of its unique to your hardware though , this is one of those unique keys they will use to identify your device and suspend all related accounts ,
Old 02-16-2020

Longevity: 23%

I have another theory that is pretty straightforward.

I too have been suspended right out of the gate implementing the same processes that proved successful in the past. I'm a database marketing professional and believe eBay is now utilizing a more sophisticated and previously more expensive consumer ID process in the US. Companies like Lexis-Nexis can provide highly accurate confirmation scores using data assets going back to 1985. Part of the process identifies the "six degrees of separation" in our lives to determine past addresses. Obviously my wife was linked I believe to a banned account from as far back as 2011.

In this recent case, I did not list an item but did begin a listing and saved it. A few hours later the account is suspended. The notice received included the option to contact eBay to provide proof of identity. I utilized my wife's name with my parent's address. My parents have never been account holders. They do live in Ohio and we are in Florida so not sure what I do if asked for proof of residence but it may not matter if she is indeed linked back to an old account.

Anyway...I admit I'm weak on the technology tracking theories but I personally believe it would be very simple to apply the consumer recognition data available to determine stealth accounts and accounts using real names but different addresses in the US.