Will the info I input before getting "live help" link my accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 09-22-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Unhappy Will the info I input before getting "live help" link my accounts?

Will the info I input before getting "live help" link my accounts?

I have just purchased 2 eBay accounts: A and B.
When I tried to list an item using account A with my own IP address after account seller delivered my account info, eBay asked me to get Live Help to verify my account(Webpage titled "Identity Confirmation" told me that I was signing in from a computer they are not familiar with).
I was so careless that I input account B's info while getting Live Help for account A.
Live Help then asked me for the registered info again: Name, Address, Phone #s, DOB(I suddenly realized that my previous error input).
I answered all correctly, Live Help sent me an email with an eBay Passcode, I type it to Live Help, finally they released the block.

I am now still ok with both accounts, but will they be linked because of the miss input before getting live help?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-22-2009

Longevity: 89%

They are not linked. Live help is just a different program script that used for text communication. It does not initiate any actual eBay account log in. Nothing needs to be worried about.
Old 09-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Awesome!!! This is a good news to hear!!!
but...questions:
#1: the live help chat history will stay in eBay system forever right?
#2: I am just worried if anything thing happens to my account A, such as I might infringe any eBay rules by accident and they get suspicious about my account, will they investigate the live help chat history and source out account B?
#3: I don't have the entire info of account B from my account seller, the info missing is DOB and the very first register phone number. My acccount seller says he doesn't keep the account info once the account is sold, so is there any way to reveal this kind of info like the DOB and the very first register phone number?
#4: As I don't have the entire info of account B, when I tried to link auctiva and eBay asked me for Live Help Identity Verification, I couldn't answer their questions like "what is your date of birth? or the phone number you gave eBay when you registered?" I tried the DOB and phone number I found in the accompany PayPal bought with this eBay account, live help responded "incorrect", then I explained to them that it was one of my friends help me register the eBay, and they probably got more suspicious and asked me for my friend's name and stuff. Of course, this friend doesn't really exist, so I just randomly told them a fa-ke name like "James, James Smith, and his address is ....(faking out), but I don't know his eBay account name, why are you asking me things like this? This is ridiculous." Their final solution is that I provide them with my utility bills to prove my identy. Then I click "exit", leave the live help but never provide them with anything.
Now I can still get on eBay and put up listings, but I just can't link auctiva or TL.
Will this kind live help chat history have any influence to my account? Will they always keep me as a suspect, or I will be good?
#5: It's always good to keep tons of unlinked eBay account for backup and keep them organized, but human will sometimes make small mistakes. Sometimes I will unintentionally input account A's password while signing in account B. Will this behavior link accounts?

I am sorry the above questions if I sound stupid, but I'd appriciate it if someone can provide some hints.

Thanks.

Last edited by sin; 09-23-2009 at 02:21 AM. Reason: I need to highlight some points...
Old 09-23-2009

Longevity: 89%

#1: That's their decision, I do not know.
#2: Chat log is saved in a different format in database. It's not easy to search using regular ways but it's not an impossible task.
#3: No unless you work in certain Depts in eBay company.
#4: If you can't get some of the original registered info from the account seller, then there is no other better way to bypass that.
#5: Should be okay if you only make this kinda mistake very occasionally. Keep and maintain a well-organized excel log sheet for reference. Be very alert whenever you log in eBay and Paypal accounts, not only pwd, but IP as well, make sure everything's correct before logging in.
Old 09-23-2009
Threadstarter  

thank you very much, bluemoon999.
I will try to get more and more organized.
but there is something that i can't really control and notice closely.
I am now in China, and I am using strong VPN for my US accounts.
I was listing a new item on the US site today, I am pretty sure that I signed in my account with US IP, but I was viewing my account and listing an item, I didn't notice that the VPN connection was lost, so I bet the connection has been using a chinese IP for a few minutes until I saw the VPN connection icon disappeared.
It is a brand new account with 0 feedback, now there are a few listings hanging there, anyone could tell me what i should do now?

Thanks
Old 09-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

change your flag to get correct advise.

Firstly I am very surprised you have maintained accounts in US using VPN, as they normally detect and cut you off.

Your vpn got cut off, are you sure, if icon disappeared does not mean ip failed, you would normally not flip back to your other chinese ip with no warning, have a look at your vpn settings and see what failsafe is when this happens or email them to check, there is usually some type of warning flash up...my only experience of this was when I used a Euro VPN and it had that under default settings, I think if it failed it cut you offline completely, but it depends on provider...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 09-23-2009 at 03:44 PM.