Ebay found accounts erased e cookies/newip/and flash - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 12-16-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Ebay found accounts erased e cookies/newip/and flash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did ebay find all my accounts? I always use a new ip erase explorer cookies, and flash. They found accounts I haven't used in months. Ones i wasn't even using to sell maybe bid with. We need to figure this out thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhatter View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did ebay find all my accounts? I always use a new ip erase explorer cookies, and flash. They found accounts I haven't used in months. Ones i wasn't even using to sell maybe bid with. We need to figure this out thanks.
Give us more details!

Were you using separate windows user accounts? or were you clearing cookies and staying on same user screen name?

Were any of the address info the same?

Were these stealth accounts?

What notices did they send you?

EXACTLY how many accounts did you get taken down?

Were any powerseller accounts?

If you were on the same windows user name I bet that was it...
Old 12-16-2009

Get the Stealth Book! There is more to staying on Ebay than IP address and cookies.

CaptainJack
Old 12-16-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

OP says he always deletes cookies, which sounds like he was using one user account for several ebay accounts. I agree, you need the Stealth Book.
Old 12-16-2009

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhatter View Post

It's safer to use separate Windows user accounts to manage different paired EB & PP accts. and does not need to delete cookies flash obj by using this method.
Old 12-16-2009

Longevity: 84%

another thing I would recommend...

ditch IE and use firefox with some important add-ons as well as individual windows accounts
Old 12-16-2009

deleting cookies is a disadvantage in my opinion when using separate user names ebay request verification pin usually pops up when trying to list something cause the computer will seem new and dial up always shows a different IP.
Old 12-16-2009

Longevity: 83%

Firefox 3.5.5 has a new feature called private browsing. Ctrl+Shift+P. It does not leave any trace or history. If U just want to keep using one windows account for multiple EB PP, this would be helpful. U only need to twist IPs.
Old 12-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

the non-recognition verification is just an email pin, no biggie
Old 12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee View Post
Firefox 3.5.5 has a new feature called private browsing. Ctrl+Shift+P. It does not leave any trace or history. If U just want to keep using one windows account for multiple EB PP, this would be helpful. U only need to twist IPs.
yeah this is like running down the street with a gas can in one hand and a torch in another. Make the windows/mac users separate. Leave the signing onto the same user name only for inkfrog or auctiva listing on high speed.

Have you tried the better privacy program that removes supercookies? The Private Browsing does not take care of supercookies alone.

Staying on the same user name is like always being 1 log in away from linking 2 or more accounts.

Here is a more in depth link....on top of a lot of discussion here in the forums about supercookies.
https://forums.comodo.com/anti_virus...3.0.html;wap2=
Old 12-17-2009
Threadstarter  

First and Foremost Thank you for your replies. I was using one windows user name but I have not been tracked down like this in the past. I have been selling vero items for 3 years now and ebay hates me. When they find my accounts and they know because I don't use paypal. Usually someone will complain because I don't use paypal I can't stand those little F#$#ers. So now ebay has gotten so use to these guys complaining that they just instantly make me a non registered user they don't even ask for verifications anymore. Now I believe that ebay traced me because they looked into my internet service provider and also looked at the feedbacks on my account. I figure that they went through my isp and looked at all the accounts on their database. I use dsl and can change my ips along with Verizon that will change my ips to. I'm just going to assume that they tracked me through my isp and that alone unless they have some super cookie? What are these super cookies?
Old 12-17-2009
Threadstarter  

But if they can track through super cookies then they must do this by hand because I have no problem getting back on. I also looked at the ms dos prompt Do you think ebay checks this by hand? Read this info and let me know. Every time you browse to a web page, your PC has to request the IP Address for that web site from your default DNS server, and then caches them locally on your machine for a while to speed up future access to that web site—even in a private browsing session.

You can see these for yourself by opening up a command prompt and typing in ipconfig /displaydns to see the full list of cached DNS entries, then open up a new private browsing session and go to a site you don’t normally access. If you re-run the command again, you’ll see that it’s been added to the DNS caching, telling anybody with access to your machine that you’ve been watching the PowerPuff Girls. Cleaning the cache is easy, just type in ipconfig /flushdns to wipe everything.
Old 12-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

No, i doubt ebay tracked you through your isp, and they dont have super cookies.

There is a common link between your accounts. Do you have different addresses and phone numbers on each account. Anything the same will see the link.

Also I delete both cookies and flash all the time. All I have to keep doing is confirming my number and providing the security code, its a little bit of inconvenience but I can live with it.

Listing with inkfrog is good as you do not need to make hardly any changes in ebay, thus removing the need to provide the security code.

ebayhatter, there will be a link somewhere. either you have forgot to delete cookies, or flash or some personal details are similar.

In theory you can log into several different ebay accounts and not delete cookies. Its only when one account has an issue that when they take action all other linked account go down.
Old 12-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

agreed ISP does not disclose your info unless court ordered....its a similarity thing...oh and ebay doesnt hate you, they make money out of you if things go well, but when people complain for whatever reason, they have to be seen to act plus you not using paypal, loses them money by affliation..its just business.....
Old 12-22-2009
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee View Post
This is a great add on. I remember there was something called objection, that did kind of the same thing, but it wouldn't work with the new versions of mozilla.
Old 12-22-2009
Threadstarter  

Of course I didn't use any linking info i have more track phones and prepaid credit cards then any terroist. They are linking my accounts on something deeper then flash and ie cookies and ips. When they put someone to work to trace me thats when they pull up the dirt. I can tell its not something that their computer just picks up on. They put their computer into overdriver and pull up my other accounts. The only simularities they could notice is my isp if i'm using verizon then maybe they pull up all the accounts with verizon to see what they got? I dunno its pissing me off and we need to get to the bottom of it.
Old 12-22-2009
Threadstarter  

Default Ebay found accounts erased e cookies/newip/and flash Please read all the info

Give us more details!

Were you using separate windows user accounts? or were you clearing cookies and staying on same user screen name?

Were any of the address info the same?

Were these stealth accounts?

What notices did they send you?

EXACTLY how many accounts did you get taken down?

Were any powerseller accounts?

If you were on the same windows user name I bet that was it...

OP says he always deletes cookies, which sounds like he was using one user account for several ebay accounts.

It's safer to use separate Windows user accounts to manage different paired EB & PP accts. and does not need to delete cookies flash obj by using this method

another thing I would recommend...

ditch IE and use firefox with some important add-ons as well as individual windows accounts

deleting cookies is a disadvantage in my opinion when using separate user names ebay request verification pin usually pops up when trying to list something cause the computer will seem new and dial up always shows a different IP.

Firefox 3.5.5 has a new feature called private browsing. Ctrl+Shift+P. It does not leave any trace or history. If U just want to keep using one windows account for multiple EB PP, this would be helpful. U only need to twist IPs

yeah this is like running down the street with a gas can in one hand and a torch in another. Make the windows/mac users separate. Leave the signing onto the same user name only for inkfrog or auctiva listing on high speed.

Have you tried the better privacy program that removes supercookies? The Private Browsing does not take care of supercookies alone.

Staying on the same user name is like always being 1 log in away from linking 2 or more accounts

First and Foremost Thank you for your replies. I was using one windows user name but I have not been tracked down like this in the past. I have been selling vero items for 3 years now and ebay hates me. When they find my accounts and they know because I don't use paypal. Usually someone will complain because I don't use paypal I can't stand those little F#$#ers. So now ebay has gotten so use to these guys complaining that they just instantly make me a non registered user they don't even ask for verifications anymore. Now I believe that ebay traced me because they looked into my internet service provider and also looked at the feedbacks on my account. I figure that they went through my isp and looked at all the accounts on their database. I use dsl and can change my ips along with Verizon that will change my ips to. I'm just going to assume that they tracked me through my isp and that alone unless they have some super cookie? What are these super cookies?

But if they can track through super cookies then they must do this by hand because I have no problem getting back on. I also looked at the ms dos prompt Do you think ebay checks this by hand? Read this info and let me know. Every time you browse to a web page, your PC has to request the IP Address for that web site from your default DNS server, and then caches them locally on your machine for a while to speed up future access to that web site—even in a private browsing session.

You can see these for yourself by opening up a command prompt and typing in ipconfig /displaydns to see the full list of cached DNS entries, then open up a new private browsing session and go to a site you don’t normally access. If you re-run the command again, you’ll see that it’s been added to the DNS caching, telling anybody with access to your machine that you’ve been watching the PowerPuff Girls. Cleaning the cache is easy, just type in ipconfig /flushdns to wipe everything.

No, i doubt ebay tracked you through your isp, and they dont have super cookies.

There is a common link between your accounts. Do you have different addresses and phone numbers on each account. Anything the same will see the link.

Also I delete both cookies and flash all the time. All I have to keep doing is confirming my number and providing the security code, its a little bit of inconvenience but I can live with it.

Listing with inkfrog is good as you do not need to make hardly any changes in ebay, thus removing the need to provide the security code.

ebayhatter, there will be a link somewhere. either you have forgot to delete cookies, or flash or some personal details are similar.

In theory you can log into several different ebay accounts and not delete cookies. Its only when one account has an issue that when they take action all other linked account go down

agreed ISP does not disclose your info unless court ordered....its a similarity thing...oh and ebay doesnt hate you, they make money out of you if things go well, but when people complain for whatever reason, they have to be seen to act plus you not using paypal, loses them money by affliation..its just business.....

This is a great add on. I remember there was something called objection, that did kind of the same thing, but it wouldn't work with the new versions of mozilla

Of course I didn't use any linking info i have more track phones and prepaid credit cards then any terroist. They are linking my accounts on something deeper then flash and ie cookies and ips. When they put someone to work to trace me thats when they pull up the dirt. I can tell its not something that their computer just picks up on. They put their computer into overdriver and pull up my other accounts. The only simularities they could notice is my isp if i'm using verizon then maybe they pull up all the accounts with verizon to see what they got? I dunno its pissing me off and we need to get to the bottom of it.
Old 12-22-2009
Threadstarter  

Do you really thing they tracked me through windows account if i erase flash and ie and ip address? I just find that hard to believe they wouldn't post my new items if that were the case right?
Old 12-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Thought GroundHog Day was next year?
Old 12-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Threads have been merged.
Please do not make NEW threads on the SAME topic.
Thanks
Old 12-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

To the OP, once your account gets to be looked at by a HUMAN your troubles start.

You think you are a new person but selling the same items, different names is not enough to fool ebay. A close check shows you up & therefore you get suspended. We could go thro' a check list of what banks, what phone numbers & stuff. These will contribute to your suspension problems