Adding paypal to website and linking issues - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 06-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Adding paypal to website and linking issues

If I add paypal merchant to a stand alone website, after initial setup what should I worry about in way of linking?

Paypal is set up and functioning already with stealth info
This Paypal and ebay are accessed under their own user and IP
email and paypal access will be done from said IP naturally

My concern:
Once I get the paypal token for my shopping cart, can I access my website admin and manage the site under my own main user account and IP without problems? The main user and IP are not tied to ebay or paypal and want it to stay that way.

I'm not sure if my ip would be carried through my website admin to Paypal when accessing my site admin. It shouldn't I would think. The ip they read, if any, would be from the website server, not my PC, correct? Best I can speculate is there really should be no way for them to see my computer once token and module is setup.

The same principals in using auctiva should apply right? There should be no way to link or see my PC at all. I think. But want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-11-2010
Banned

Longevity: 85%

Well I can't say that you would be fine since PayPal is computer generated most of the times but I will explain an incident that happen to me just to give you an idea.

Now I have a main stealth account that I buy and sell from and have the ebay app and PayPal mobile app as they are use for buying only.

1 day I checked my PayPal balance on the mobile app then a few mins later I logged in to ship a couple of items when I clicked print all of a sudden I was limited stating that my account was accessed by a 3rd party.

WTF? I was able to get it lifted but since it wasn't a hard limitation but that just shows you that some things don't make sense and anything can happen with PayPal.
Old 06-11-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oge View Post
I was limited stating that my account was accessed by a 3rd party.

Well that's a bit different. You accessed paypal directly from an app, so the limit was likely for your protection in this case. A shopping carts only contact is pass through. Cart to paypal website from customers PC. So only customer is in paypals line of site. The carts contact wouldn't be considered an issue with paypal as they supply a security token the cart sends to them to verify during checkout. So not unexpected access - But again, that would be from site server.

Pretty sure I'm ok. Once token is setup and operational they have no reason to see my computer... But just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something simple. Its always the little things that get ya