READ THIS If You Have A Cable Modem - IP ADDRESS - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 07-29-2009
Vicvelcro

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%

So far, the OP version doesn't work. And the equivalent commands for Windows Fistya aren't producing results either. So far.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-29-2009

Longevity: 85%

Finally got it to work after watching the video below.

Only thing I did was after applying the clone mac address I, powered down router then modem (at least 1 minute) then powered up the modem then the router. It worked great and IP address changed.
Old 07-30-2009

Unhappy Re:

I don't know what to do! I still keep getting the SAME message "The requested operation requires elevation" I can't even get past that to release the ip
Old 07-30-2009
Vicvelcro

Proudpapa, you don't have to power down the router. Only the modem.

Eye Candy Lingerie, you don't have to release the IP. You can skip the parts in command prompt (1,2,3,4,16a,16b) because they do nothing at all. There is another way which I'm POSITIVE works and involves less steps. You have to run an app called MacMakeUP.exe and you have to know which device on the app list belongs to your network connection. You select it, you click the 'Random' button. You may need to restart your computer, you may not. If you want to try it, let me know.
Old 07-30-2009

Longevity: 95%

Proudpapa use this video its much better

my only problem is figering out what linksys router he's useing that dosent require unplug the modem and router then repluing it to get a new ip. Mine u have to unplug and its a PITA i think its cause i got a older one. I would like to get a newer one but i want to make sure it works for this before buying it.
Old 07-30-2009
Vicvelcro

I have (1) BEFSR41 v2, (1) BEFW11S4 v3, (7) WRT54G (v1 up to v4), and (2) WRT54GL routers. None of them have to be rebooted or have the DHCP refreshed after a MAC change. Only the modem needs a reboot.

Some other brands of router do require one step to avoid a reboot. Release DHCP in the router panel and then Renew DHCP after 5 seconds. Then reboot the modem.

For people who keep their router tucked away in a closet, an attic, or the basement, it's helpful NOT to have to reboot the router every time.

It works the same way for people who connect their modem direct to the NIC. Release and Renew the DHCP for the NIC from command prompt. Or disable and re-enable the NIC from network settings in control panel or device manager. Any of those will work fine. Avoids having to restart the whole 'puter.
Old 07-30-2009

Mine is a linksys WRT54G and it has DCHP release and renew but after i put in the clone mac and hit save i can hit DCHP release then wait and wait and wait and hit renew and nothing! i still got to unplug the modem and the router then wait till modem boots up then plug in my router then it works again with new ip address.

so vicvelcro u dont have to do all this? u can simply keep your router put away and do everything from the routers setup page?

whats the newest router u got that dose this?
Old 07-30-2009
Vicvelcro

You release the DHCP, then Renew. While it is trying to renew, you reboot modem. when modem is back up, DHCP is high. It's the order you are doing it in.

3 of my routers are almost a mile from here. I can't go unplug them just any old time. I got a remote circuit to do the modems and the routers never turn off.

The newest I have is a wrt54g v4. I won't by a v5 or newer. They run vxworks instead of linux and the ram was cut 75% on the newer ones.

I'm thinking yours sounds like a v5 - v8 or even a GS.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 07-30-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboykilla View Post
Proudpapa use this video its much better YouTube - How To Change IP Address Using Broadband & Linksys Router

my only problem is figering out what linksys router he's useing that dosent require unplug the modem and router then repluing it to get a new ip. Mine u have to unplug and its a PITA i think its cause i got a older one. I would like to get a newer one but i want to make sure it works for this before buying it.
Yes very good video thank you! Do you know if have multiple wireless connections (ie 2 or more computers) has any affect on the process of obtaining a new ip?
Old 07-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
I have (1) BEFSR41 v2, (1) BEFW11S4 v3, (7) WRT54G (v1 up to v4), and (2) WRT54GL routers. None of them have to be rebooted or have the DHCP refreshed after a MAC change. Only the modem needs a reboot.

Some other brands of router do require one step to avoid a reboot. Release DHCP in the router panel and then Renew DHCP after 5 seconds. Then reboot the modem.

For people who keep their router tucked away in a closet, an attic, or the basement, it's helpful NOT to have to reboot the router every time.

It works the same way for people who connect their modem direct to the NIC. Release and Renew the DHCP for the NIC from command prompt. Or disable and re-enable the NIC from network settings in control panel or device manager. Any of those will work fine. Avoids having to restart the whole 'puter.
I have a BEFW11S4 v4. Thanks for the info vic!
Old 07-30-2009
Vicvelcro

Re: Post 97

You can have up to 253 devices connected to that router (if it don't catch on fire) and still have no trouble getting a WAN IP.
Old 07-30-2009

Quote:
You release the DHCP, then Renew. While it is trying to renew, you reboot modem. when modem is back up, DHCP is high. It's the order you are doing it in.
ok so i put the mac in first then hit save settings then i release the DHCP, then Renew then reboot the modem like turning the power off and back on on my modem. or do i goto CMD prompt and do it
Old 07-30-2009

Quote:
Re: Post 97

You can have up to 253 devices connected to that router (if it don't catch on fire) and still have no trouble getting a WAN IP.

Hmmm, I wonder why then once I use MAC cloning that my wireless connection (and only mine) intermittently goes down and I have to reboot the modem. That's odd that no other machines have connection problems.

I'm logging into the router from my laptop but only mine is affected.
Old 07-30-2009
Vicvelcro

Put in MAC
Save settings
Release DHCP
Renew DHCP and reboot modem while router is trying to renew
Modem comes on and router DHCP goes HIGH (grabs the modem)
Good To Go.

If your router/modem does not work with that method, you have a vxworks router with only 2meg of RAM instead of the Linux routers with 8meg or more RAM.
Old 07-30-2009
Vicvelcro

You have a device/mac collision or not all of your TCP/IP settings complement.

Close any apps that use the internet
Open cmd and type ipconfig /flushdns
Open your network connections from control panel
disable every network device then enable them
check properties for each network device and make sure all the TCP/IPs are set for obtain automatically or if you need them set manually, check that they are all in the same range but that no 2 are identical

Do that on each computer that uses the router.

Better than 90% odds that will cure your problem.
Some day you owe me a beer or a game of pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudpapa4 View Post
Hmmm, I wonder why then once I use MAC cloning that my wireless connection (and only mine) intermittently goes down and I have to reboot the modem. That's odd that no other machines have connection problems.

I'm logging into the router from my laptop but only mine is affected.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
proudpapa4 (07-30-2009)
Old 07-30-2009

Quote:
Put in MAC
Save settings
Release DHCP
Renew DHCP and reboot modem while router is trying to renew
Modem comes on and router DHCP goes HIGH (grabs the modem)
Good To Go.

If your router/modem does not work with that method, you have a vxworks router with only 2meg of RAM instead of the Linux routers with 8meg or more RAM.
SON OF A GUN VIC..... followed your steps exactly and worked right away. Didn't have any previous troubles, only rebooted the modem during DHCP renew. PERFECT man thank you. Now I'll wait and see if
connection disruption during the day. I really appreciate your time and input vic.
Old 07-30-2009

Quote:
You have a device/mac collision or not all of your TCP/IP settings complement.

Close any apps that use the internet
Open cmd and type ipconfig /flushdns
Open your network connections from control panel
disable every network device then enable them
check properties for each network device and make sure all the TCP/IPs are set for obtain automatically or if you need them set manually, check that they are all in the same range but that no 2 are identical

Do that on each computer that uses the router.

Better than 90% odds that will cure your problem.
Some day you owe me a beer or a game of pool.

vic, if you're ever in arizona let me know. we'll do that beer and pool buddy!
Old 07-30-2009

Dagnapit so i still have to unplug the modem eather way to get a new ip address. I was hopeing there was a way that didnt involve unpluging the modem or router to get a new ip as neather one of mine have power off buttons.
Old 07-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

I plug the router and modem in one of those multi plug things and just switch it off then on.
Old 07-31-2009

Yeah thats what im doing now but the bootup time is like 30 to 45 secs and i have to change ips alot each day cause sale ebay accounts. and have muilt ebay accounts going of my own.
Old 07-31-2009

Longevity: 90%
Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

I've been having issues resetting my cable modem since switching service, so hopefully this does the trick.

Old 07-31-2009

Can't do it....tryied several times. What an I missing! Ugh! I have a cable connection, but still gives me the same address....no router.