READ THIS If You Have A Cable Modem - IP ADDRESS - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 03-29-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%

Just courious on these ip address are they randomly across the US or all with in your city just dif ips?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-30-2008

Longevity: 94%

Mine have been either in my city or another city in my state, once I got one from another state...
Old 05-15-2008

Longevity: 92%

i know Josh mentioned you can use your old ip's by typing it in manually. But I cannot get my DHCP to be enalbled. Anyone had any luck with reusing their old ip's. My DHCP says disabled and i cannot figure out where to get it to enable. thanks
Old 05-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by super stealth View Post
This is great for getting new ip's....but i cant get my my comcast modem to use the old ips .....anyone have any ideas on what im doing wrong??

I go back into INTERNET PROTOCAL (TCP/IP)

TYPE IN MY OLD IP, SUBNET MASK, DEFAULT GATEWAY& DNS SERVERS.

I PRESS OK AND AND CLOSE OUT THE WINDOWS.

I TYPE IN IPCONFIG/ALL AND EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED BUT I CANNOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET .

Hi !!

Ive been through the same issue till Ive sorted it out.

The guide is missing some important steps:

At the end, when you want to switch back to the other IP:

1- go back to tcp ip, type the IP/Submask/Gateway info
2- leave the DNS fields EMPTY
3- press OK twice

(at this point if you ipconfig /all you'll see lots of missing info but the new IP should be there)

4- open the TCP/IP section again
5- switch to `Use Automatic IP address`
6- press OK twice

That's it!! now ipconfig /all will display complete information with the dns obtained automatically from isp (no need to input them manually).

Hope this helps!
Old 05-29-2008

I tried that just now. But it gives me a new ip. I have couple ip's that i used before and it is not taken by someone else. But when I do your last step to automatically obtain an ip, it gives me a new one. I would like a way to get an old ip back. This is what i did:

-Go to tcp/ip properites
-Type in the ip, subnet and gateway
-check get dns automatically
-press ok
-check ipconfig/all and see the ip i typed in on step 2
-go back to tcp/ip and click obtain ip automatically
-check ipconfig/all again and the ip changed to a new one.

Is this what you did as well, and were you able to CHOOSE an old ip from before. thanks
Old 05-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwedagain View Post
I tried that just now. But it gives me a new ip. I have couple ip's that i used before and it is not taken by someone else. But when I do your last step to automatically obtain an ip, it gives me a new one. I would like a way to get an old ip back. This is what i did:

1-Go to tcp/ip properites
2-Type in the ip, subnet and gateway
3-check get dns automatically
4-press ok
5-check ipconfig/all and see the ip i typed in on step 2
6-go back to tcp/ip and click obtain ip automatically
7-check ipconfig/all again and the ip changed to a new one.

Is this what you did as well, and were you able to CHOOSE an old ip from before. thanks
Hi!

Try this, in 3)- instead of "get dns automatically"
tick as if you will enter manually the DNS but leave it blank. Also make sure the Subnet is exactly the same and not the one that is generated automatically after you change field as this entry may differ from the one you had before. - OK+OK

At this point ipconfig/all will show u the IP but there is no net connection at all.

Continue to tcp/ip again and switch to automatic IP AND automatic DNS. - OK+OK

What can be happening is the IPs you want to switch to are already assigned. Try switching back to your recently used IP just to test the method, post back if it worked for you!

Old 06-08-2008

Default IP address never changes with my cable provider

I tried this and I got a problem.

My cable provider assigns me the same IP address even after the lease expires or after I try to release and renew it. I called 'em up and they seem to know as much about networking as I do and basically told me what I already knew. Maybe it will change and maybe it won't.

I read a post somewhere today that said that the ISP has a table, they call it the DHCP table if I am correct, for IP addresses for all clients and basically to ensure that all clients get their addresses the table usually just re-assigns the IP addresses to them. Mine has been static for about a week now and I read other customers of my cable company say theirs has been static for 6 months.

So if this doesn't work you think I should switch to DSL or dialup?
Old 06-22-2008

Default ok i got it to work but...

Ok I started getting a hang of it just last week, took me a long time but this is where i am at right now. Couple months ago i was jotting down the ip's, default gateway and subnet. Well i was able to go back to those ip's with the method started in this thread. But i was only able to go back to 3 of those ip's.

I spoke with Roadrunner tech support last weekend and this is what they told me. Once the ip's are released, the ip's goes back to the pool and when that happens roadrunner don't have them for their customers no more. It seems as though what he was saying is true, becuase the past 20 ip's i been getting i cannot get them back unless i do so within 5 minutes. But for the 3 that i have been able to go back to, these 3 ip's have been sitting around for a month and a half or so and i am able to obtain these ip's again.

So basically i am trying to figure out, it might be something i did to keep these ips available in the roadrunner ip pool without them loosing it. I don't know if its luck or something i did.

Can someone explain why once the ip's are released by me, the ip's are not available to roadrunners customers no more.
Old 07-09-2008

I got a new IP address after first try. Then I try to type ipconfig/release again in the cmd. It shows
"Windows IP Configuration

The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation."

I don't know if I did anything wrong. Please advice. Thank you.
Old 07-09-2008

I tried to type ipconfig/release on my windows vista laptop.
It shows
"The requested operation requires elevation."
What should I do? Thank you.
Old 07-10-2008

Longevity: 91%

Does ebay detect the MAC address of the DSL router WAN port? As per Stealth Book, eBay doesn't, but eBay can easily detect your IP address, why can't they detect the DSL router WAN port MAC address? MAC address is supposed to be unique address.

Anyone knows ?
Old 07-10-2008

hi MrJosh:

I really doubt your method. What you are changing is the IP address in LAN. You Internet IP address is your WAN IP address, something like, 202.x.x.x or 44.x.x.x That is the IP that eBay detects and records.

Go to What Is My IP Address? - IP Address Lookup, Bandwidth Speed Test, IP Info, plus more to write down your real IP address.

These 3 IP segments are private IP ranges and usually used in LAN, but not in WAN.
192.xx.x.x
172.x.x.
10.x.x.
See Wiki: Private network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, after you changed your IP from 192,168.0.1 to 192.168.0.10, you didn't change your WAN IP. You use ipconfig/all to see the LAN IP has been changed, but actually you are still using same IP address to login eBay. Be careful, you will be banned someday

Go to this website to run a test: What Is My IP Address? - IP Address Lookup, Bandwidth Speed Test, IP Info, plus more
Old 07-10-2008

Longevity: 94%

nope, this definitely works, if it didn't I would have been linked long ago
Old 07-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhighmtl View Post
I changed my ip but only the two last digits changed. It was like 70.81.434.32 and now its like 70.81.233.12

Am I okay like this or I'll get tracked?
My case is even worse, only the last digit changed a little, like it was 59 before and now is 60. I am wondering if anyone can help with it. By the way, I followed instruction and only 2 totally different IP (all digits change) were ever assigned. what is going on?
Old 07-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

aspkin assured me the other day that the last digit change is still OK. Say the IP range is

123.456.76.12, then you change whatever way and the new range is
123.456.76.21 aspkin said that is fine. Hope this helps.
Old 07-11-2008

Just got a Linksys WRT54G2 today hooked up with my cable model. I tried to change the MAC address to force the cable provider give me a new IP address every time. It works great. The IPs I received are totally different every single time. For example: first time was 75.128.xx.xxx, second time was 24.205.xxx.xxx, third time was 71.9.xx.x. Thank the forum to help me get back to ebay again.
Old 07-16-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
aspkin assured me the other day that the last digit change is still OK. Say the IP range is

123.456.76.12, then you change whatever way and the new range is
123.456.76.21 aspkin said that is fine. Hope this helps.
Really important question in regards to this I am hoping someone can help me. So I purchased a dial up connection, very cheap (very frickin slow) but totally worth it if I can run multiple accounts. I got dial up because I thought the entire IP range would change which looks a lot better when creating accounts or logging into different accounts. But the range is always the same, just the last few digits stay the same. But greenbean are you and aspkin stating that even though the range is exact, if the last few numbers change it is acceptable? I was planning on purchasing a secound dial up connection because ISP's have different ranges. Would you recommend that? Anyone can recommend any options for canadian users, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Old 07-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Yeah. aspkin has assured me each time I have asked him about this: so I work with a range of IPs which to me do seem restricted. There has been no problems. I keep a log of every thing I do including IPs. There are other users here, like me and not that computer literate, who run their accounts well with this type of range.
Mak, bottom line is as of 00:30am Calgary time, this is a working system. I have signed in and out of accounts x4times today. Each time I have signed back on, my IP has been different as described above. To give you confidence, if this does NOT work, you will hear me SCREAM, really really loudly.
Old 07-16-2008

GreenBean thanks!! saved me a lot of headache. It is really scary logging into different accounts with that "restricted" ip range but I say hell with it worth a shot, what's the worst that could happen they suspend me? Used to it by now Thanks again for the help, much appreciated.
Old 07-27-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

This does not work with embarq. I regret changing it now. I called them up and can only do it with I let go of the dhcp ip in the modem. No mac address work nata...
Old 09-13-2008

Longevity: 90%

The directions to changing my IP worked nicely but my question is if i try to find my ip through websites like whatismyip.com it'll say my real city while on my different ebay accounts my cities are not the same. They're near mine, but i wanted to switch it up as to not raise suspicion so each one is registered to surrounding cities. Do you tihnk ebay will check my IPs and wonder why all the IPs are in the same city but the cities on file are not?
Old 09-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Johnny_88

I use AOL Dial Up Service for my internet gateway to eBay.
Most of my ip's used to be out of Virginia.
Now they just say AOL as the city and region.
This has never caused a problem for me.
Non of my accounts were ever out of Virginia or that new state AOL... LOL