READ THIS If You Have A Cable Modem - IP ADDRESS - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 07-31-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%

sorry about typos....super frustrated today. Stupid Ebay... *sigh*
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-31-2009

I'll be damned....I unplug my modem and I STILL get the same IP! Why's that? I thought it was supposed to be different?
Old 07-31-2009

Longevity: 95%

you got to have a router for it to work. unless u can somehow clone your mac address in your modem which i read somewhere u could but its alot more complex.

Just look for you a linksys router there $50 for a new one or check crigslist i see them there for like $25

Also net gear has a refurb one for $12 shipped but i dont know if u can clone the mac on a netgear router
Old 07-31-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

You can change the IP on your NIC, if you connect direct to the modem. You can buy a cheap linksys from newegg, buy.com, or even tiger direct. Just watch for a sale price. If you don't see one on sale, wait a week.

I can mod all sorts of hardware. If anyone needs a custom solution, PM me with what you have and I'll give you a free solution if one exists. If none exists, I'll quote you a price.

Also, there's a way to change IP without rebooting anything - which works for some hardware combos. I have ONE setup here that can be done like that. Well, it's not onsite. Since it works so well, I have it um offsite. Heh.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 07-31-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-31-2009
Vicvelcro

If you don't change the MAC of the device your modem plugs IN TO, your IP won't change.

Changing MAC in the modem won't make any difference. It has to be the MAC of the upstream device (router or NIC). - unless you have a modem with sum er custom tweaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babee View Post
I'll be damned....I unplug my modem and I STILL get the same IP! Why's that? I thought it was supposed to be different?

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 07-31-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-31-2009
Vicvelcro

I think I maybe see YOUR problem. Are you cloning a MAC from another part of your system?

You can't use the same MAC twice in the same router. Don't CLONE. Enter a random MAC address.

If your wireless MAC in the router is the same as the WAN MAC in the router, you get collisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudpapa4 View Post
Hmmm, I wonder why then once I use MAC cloning that my wireless connection (and only mine) intermittently goes down and I have to reboot the modem. That's odd that no other machines have connection problems.

I'm logging into the router from my laptop but only mine is affected.
Old 08-01-2009
Vicvelcro

Lots of outdated and invalid info in the thread. Sooooo...

Started a whole new thread for the "cable modem with router" folks. Look here http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...ble-modem.html

For those without router, I'll be making a thread for that too. I'll post back here when it is done.
Old 08-01-2009
Vicvelcro

For those plugging the modem right into the ethernet adapter...

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...-your-nic.html
Old 08-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

If you have a lynksys router get the # for your router to get inside it. Mine is 192.168.1.1, then press mac clone, then change one digit on a few of them on the right for now. Then press save settings ONLY! Then press continue when it says successful, then press status then press IP address release then press IP address renew. Then shut off router and modems ( I have it setup with a multi-plug) for a few seconds you get a new one. If you play around with it and go to a IP site that has a map you can get pretty far off towns in your state.
Old 08-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Plus you can get those ethernet to usb port plugin thing that goes into the front of your pc then your ethernet wire that goes to your router or modem. they are cheap on ebay and they come with drivers. Each one gives you a new IP.
Old 12-02-2011
Banned

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJosh View Post
I wanted to share with everyone a way you can switch between mutliple IP addresses with a cable modem. You can record these IP addresses for each account and then as you switch between accounts, you can actually force your modem to that accounts IP address!! eBay loves it when you constantly log in with the same IP address!!

Ok, first of all, you have to have a direct connect modem to computer. If you have a router, there is a more complicated method of doing this, but I will post it later. Anyways, so assuming you have a direct connect, do the following:

1) Go to the start menu, click on run and type CMD
2) Type in IPCONFIG
3) That is the current IP address (assuming you dont have a routed hooked up)
4) Now you are going to type IPCONFIG/RELEASE
5) You will be disconnected from the internet --- Go to Start menu, My Network Places, Click on Network Connections in the left menu, Right click on your internet connection (It may be Local Area Connection, something to that affect)...anyways, right click and select properties
6) Now select Internet Protocal (TCP/IP) and select properties
7) Choose Use the following IP address and type in the following:
IP ADDRESS: 192.168.11.100
Then just click on the Subnet Mask and it will fill it in
8) Next Click OK to close that window and then OK on the other window
9) It will take a couple seconds and then once you are able to, click back on properties for the Internet Protocal (TCP/IP) and select Obtain An IP Address Automatically
10) Click OK and OK to close those windows and now go back to the CMD prompt and type in ipconfig/all
11) As you will see, the IP has changed!!!
12) Now this is the COOL part, you can copy that information (you will need IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and the DNS Servers) and mark it down for one of your eBay accounts.....When you want to go back to that IP, you just go back to the properties section of the Internet Protocal (TCP/IP) and type in all of that information that you wrote down...BOOM....you are at that IP again (dont believe me, then go to Find My IP Address - Lookup)
13)You can easliy switch between IPs this way and you dont even have to unplug the modem!!!!

Let me know if you have any questions!! GOOD LUCK!!! (PS -- lets make this a sticky!!)
I have windows 7 and this isn't working. The run screen just flashes when I type IPCONFIG and then disappears off the screen.
Old 12-02-2011
Banned

try running command prompt (cmd) as admin..... (right click might be an option)
Old 12-03-2011

Longevity: 90%

can anyone with cable internet confirm this to work? i'm thinking about switching to cable broadband
Old 12-03-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oge View Post
try running command prompt (cmd) as admin..... (right click might be an option)
I tried right clicking and still nothing. Does anyone know how to do this with Windows 7, or at least how to access the run command? The run command comes up, I type in IPCONFIG, but the second I press OK it darts off the screen like nothing ever happened.
Old 12-03-2011
Banned

Windows 7: Keeping a command prompt window opened!

1.Issue
2.Solution

In the Start menu and the Run tab you can insert the name of a program or a command to run under Windows 7.

These commands are different from each other and of different types: Shell, Windows or DOS.
Issue

Often, when we enter a particular command, it is not possible to see the results, since the console will close once the command is executed.
Solution
•There is a possibility to keep the command prompt window open, simply by inserting the parameter before the name of the command > cmd /k <.
•Don't forget to leave a space between "cmd" and "/k"
•Here is an example:
•Use command in Run> ipconfig / all
•The window disappears suddenly.
•Executing a command with the parameter: cmd /k
•Then insert this command: cmd /k ipconfig / all
Old 12-03-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelizardking View Post
Try unplugging your modem overnight works for me..I gives me two then I unplug the modem and USB cable from the computer..plug it back in in the am and I get one new number ane one of the "old" numbers..I only need 2 or 3 at a time so it works good for me..sometimes I just unplug for an hr and it changes too..
This is not feasible. Unplugging over night for only 3 different addresses? If you are operating under stealth guidelines with ebay's new selling limit policies then you need at least 10-15 accounts minimum. I change around between 5-10 a day, which is why I am having issues with not getting the correct IP.
Old 12-04-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oge View Post
Windows 7: Keeping a command prompt window opened!

1.Issue
2.Solution

In the Start menu and the Run tab you can insert the name of a program or a command to run under Windows 7.

These commands are different from each other and of different types: Shell, Windows or DOS.
Issue

Often, when we enter a particular command, it is not possible to see the results, since the console will close once the command is executed.
Solution
•There is a possibility to keep the command prompt window open, simply by inserting the parameter before the name of the command > cmd /k <.
•Don't forget to leave a space between "cmd" and "/k"
•Here is an example:
•Use command in Run> ipconfig / all
•The window disappears suddenly.
•Executing a command with the parameter: cmd /k
•Then insert this command: cmd /k ipconfig / all
Thank you for this.
Old 12-20-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Well this is just great .. Went through all the trouble of getting out of my static contract to get cable and everyone is having problems !!! Greaaayttytttt
Old 12-20-2011
Banned

no more iphone ?
Old 12-21-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

My iPhone is on prepaid with Optus therefore it won't let me use hotspot because the stupid feature isn't supported.!!!!!
Like my life is ruined
Old 03-13-2015

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: READ THIS If You Have A Cable Modem - IP ADDRESS

I have a cable modem connected to a netgear wireless router. I have the same problem time warner tells me the ip address cannot be changed. What do i do ?
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: READ THIS If You Have A Cable Modem - IP ADDRESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneomac1654 View Post
I have a cable modem connected to a netgear wireless router. I have the same problem time warner tells me the ip address cannot be changed. What do i do ?
You have several options:
1. Beg Time Warner to change your IP (but doing this all the time will have them asking questions)
2. Change Providers (Can be a pain if their the only ones in your area)
3. Find other methods that have been discussed across thousands of post on this forum....such as Mifi/Dongles, Dial-Up, VPN's, VPS, Phone Tethering.

So you see, there are a few good options out there.