READ THIS If You Have A Cable Modem - IP ADDRESS - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 01-27-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

That is a good idea, then maybe if it is off by a digit or two, not as a big a red flag
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-27-2008

I still can get it to work :( probably because i live in the city . Its still a great plan for changing your ip easily . thanks mr josh !!! if this forum had feedback , id give you an : " A++++ EXCELLENT EBAYER !!! AN ASSET TO THE EBAY COMMUNITY"
Old 01-28-2008

Does anyone know how to get 2 ips out of a comcast router without having to pay extra?? Ive read of people doing this but havnt got any help. pm me if you have any advise.
Old 02-03-2008

Longevity: 96%

I tried this and it did not change anything other then the dynamic IP address.
It did not change the actual IP itself.

Is it suppose the change the actual IP addy?
Old 02-03-2008

Aol/Mozilla Question?
I just downloaded Aol 9.0 on my desktop,the first few times I signed into AOl,it gave me an AOL IP address,now it gives me a Mozilla IP,I reset my modem and it gives me a different IP address each time but it is from Mozilla now not AOL.
Is there a way to get AOL to display the IP,rather than Mozilla each time?
Disable Mozilla somehow?
Thanks
Old 02-03-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI, Super Stealth...I remember a post last year about getting 2 ips from a cable-- I am thinking Chris Hanson made the post-- You can search- upper rt hand corner, drop down box-then search like comcast cable , and look for posts around oct/nov--Good Luck!
Old 02-06-2008

Default READ THIS If You Have A Cable Modem - IP ADDRESS

Mr Josh
Just read your post on the Ip change, have you been able to test it yet with a router attached-thanks
Old 02-11-2008

i can't get my cable modem to go back to an old IP that i have saved. i do all of the steps, but it will not connect to the internet. i can easily change my IP with this method though.
Old 02-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdell View Post
i can't get my cable modem to go back to an old IP that i have saved. i do all of the steps, but it will not connect to the internet. i can easily change my IP with this method though.
I had that problem too and once they give you a new one you cannot get the old one back, in most cases they have passed that one onto someone else.
Unplug you modem from the wall and connection for about 10 min, turn it back on and see what happens, it needs time to reset.
Your connection is looking for your new IP address and it should read it automatically.
Do you still have your cable modem disk to run if you need it?
Old 02-11-2008

yeah, i can do the unplug modem trick with the ipconfig/release, but i would have liked to retain the old IP address that i used to log in before. i guess i will have to just take my chances with having a new IP address every time i log into a different account.
Old 02-14-2008

Did I miss the instructions for the router? I have cable internet and I'm through a router on my wireless notebook. My IP never changes. Even when I have left it off for a few days when we went on vacation. So I have to do everything the hard way with dial up. Took me 8 hours to do 20 listings yesterday.
Old 02-23-2008

Longevity: 93%

Sounds so good! It's that okay if I'm in Canada? Do I have to always change my IP adress or I can stick with the one I have? By the way I change it just before creating my new account so I'm clean. The question is do I have to change it sometimes anyway? thansk
Old 02-23-2008

I changed my ip but only the two last digits changed. It was like 70.81.434.32 and now its like 70.81.233.12

Am I okay like this or I'll get tracked?
Old 02-24-2008

You should be good with that. When I change my ip sometimes it changes a few digits and sometimes it's completely different....doesn't matter as long as it's changed!
Old 02-24-2008

sometimes mine only changes by a couple too, and it has worked fine for me.
Old 02-24-2008

I have tried this numerous time and end up with the same old IP address.
Old 02-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Hi everyone, this is my first post as I have read that people are trying to change their IP through the router. Well I have done that and would like to share this information. Here is what I did.

Goto ipchicken.com and write your current ip address down.

I have a D-Link wireless router connected to Comcast Cable Modem.

What you need to do is change the MAC ID for the ROUTER ONLY. The reason why people still get the same IP is because of this. The original MAC ID is located on the bottom of the router so there is no need to copy or write it down if you ever want to revert back to it later.

The first step is to connect your Ethernet cable from your computer to the router so they can communicate and adjust settings. You do not need to do anything with the cable modem at this time. It will be towards the end.

Open up IE (internet explorer) or Firefox and type in your router address, mine is 192.168.0.1 if you don't know it then look in your router manual or cd that came with your router. Or goto the Run command and type in "cmd" and the ipconfig/all and you will see you router address.

Enter your login name/password if you have it set, mine is "admin" which is default. Now the menus is different for each router company. Just find the option that says MAC ADDRESS and click on it or click on manual settings and you should see your MAC ADDRESS. It looks like 6 boxes with 12 numbers and letters in sets. For example 01-5d-b2-42-f1-65

Now you want to change the MAC ADDRESS by doing the following.
Leave the first box the same. You only have to change the other boxes with numbers from 0-9 and letters from a-f but keeping the letters and numbers in the same position and only changing the value for example 01-4b-c5-31-a3-45

After you have replace them click on save settings or apply settings.
You will lose internet connection at this time. Now the final step is to unplug your router and your cable modem for about a minute or so and plug it back in. give it couple minutes to initialize and check your ip at ipchicken.com

You now have a new IP address. Repeat the process to get a new IP address through your router.

Thank you and enjoy BooMer!
Old 03-06-2008

It worked great for me thank you so much! BTW i have a belkin router and comcast cable internet
Old 03-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdell View Post
yeah, i can do the unplug modem trick with the ipconfig/release, but i would have liked to retain the old IP address that i used to log in before. i guess i will have to just take my chances with having a new IP address every time i log into a different account.
I couldn't get the old IP back either...I did notice when I run cmd then ipconfig/all at the bottom it tells me how long the lease is for..mines for only 1 hr..but I haven't had any problems using a different IP each time as long as it has been in my city..but after that hr is up I get a new set of numbers rather than just the last 2 sets changing..
Old 03-15-2008

I only can seem to get two different Ip addresses from this method?. Any ideas?. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2008

Default What about your MAC addres?

I've heard that your mac address must be changed. I think the MAC of your cable modem is attached to your IP once it's forwarded from your router, so wouldn't you also have to buy a new cable modem?

Old 03-17-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzabreeze View Post
I only can seem to get two different Ip addresses from this method?. Any ideas?. Thanks.
Try unplugging your modem overnight works for me..I gives me two then I unplug the modem and USB cable from the computer..plug it back in in the am and I get one new number ane one of the "old" numbers..I only need 2 or 3 at a time so it works good for me..sometimes I just unplug for an hr and it changes too..