**DSL MODEM + LINKSYS ROUTER**- HERE'S How to change ip address!! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 03-10-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%

The aboved ebayhateluv's method not work for me on cable modem. IP remains the same. This really depends from ISP internet infrastructure configuration.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-14-2008

Longevity: 94%

Hi Guys,

I am having alot of trouble changing my IP here. Basically my question is which address does ebay track?.

When I go to IP Chicken or IP Burger I get an ip address that I can not get to change for the life of me.

If I click:

Start
Control Pannel
Network Connections
Local Area Connection..... then "Support:. I get a different IP address.

-According to my interest provider I have a dynamic IP. (Appearently changes every 2-3 days)
-I called my internet provider and they told me to call Linksys reguarding changing my IP...Linksys basically told me they couldn't change it.

I've tryed almost every method to "change IP" but nothing is working. Which "IP address" does ebay track?. The IP Chicken/Burger one or the other one through my Local Area Connection.

Any ideas?
Old 03-20-2008

Having a heck-of-a-time changing IPs myself. Using cable modem & Linksys wireless router.

I can change IPs by disconnecting router & connecting PC direct to cablemodem but WOW...what a pain-in-the-tush to get that router to connect to internet & set-up again. There has to be an easier way :(

As mentioned by kdline in previous post...hide my ip is a cool little software program but will assign you an IP "somewhere" in the US. I am under the impression that would red flag Ebay...if you created an account in let's say "Florida" and your ip showed every-other-state every-other-day...this would look pretty suspicious.
Old 03-20-2008

Longevity: 95%

the IP Burger - What is my IP Address? Find Your IP Address! one is the one you are trying to change.

if you guys dont want to do this so much, then get dialup or VPN - Hide IP address with SmartHide - i think its 10$ per month for a new IP
Welcome to WiTopia >> Where Freedom and Security Meet - 40$ for a whole year, but it always gives you a random ip every time you connect, and the ips are from i think washington only.
Old 03-21-2008

ivegotinfo -- with this "Hide IP address w/SpartHide" can you choose where your IP is from or is it random place?
Old 03-21-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdline View Post
I changed my ip by a very simple way. I downloaded software from hide-my-ip.com and it works! I paid $25 for that, good investment!
I'm taking hide-my-ip.com for the three day trail as I type and so far so good. I like the way you can program it to generate a new ip every 10 minutes if you like. Basically, if i understand it, my ip address connects with their server and their server generates the ip address. It works on all the main sites. I can even yahoo email without a problem. I like it! Flat fee lifetime membership. In fact I had improved internet experience too.
Old 03-21-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 95%

HI, GUys: Anthro/ Smarthide is $10/mo. and it does give u a Dedicated IP if u like.. I keep the same one ..for same acct..
Old 03-22-2008

Just installed "smarthide" the Free version...so far so good. In free version, it appears I can choose same IP over & over again...showing some consistency w/the lurking eyes of Ebay.
Old 03-22-2008

does smarthide give you a unique individual server to connect to with the paid version? It seems with the free version everybody connects to the same 5 or so servers, which i assume have been blacklisted. The IPs come up as possible proxies when using whatismyipaddress.com so beware.
Old 05-07-2008

Longevity: 92%

Is SmartHide legit, meaning can they assign an IP address located in California? Since I am using a router and can't change my IP address with AT&T (unless I subscribe to a dynamic IP that cost about $50 with 5 different IP addresses), I am trying to find an alternate way so I can start selling on eBay again.
Old 07-03-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Itzabreeze - I have the same set up and was encountering the same issues. Don't pay any attention to the ip you find under the control panel thing. The IPBurger.com ip is the one you want to see changing. All it turned out I needed to do was to yank the cord on my modem, let it stay out for about a minute, then plug it back in. And, bingo, new ip as shown by IPBurger.com I'm also changing Windows users for each new account so the cookie monster can leave whatever cookies they need to leave to make 'em feel better, although Mozilla Firefox is clearing them out everytime I sign out.
Good luck!
Old 07-03-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

I found it wasn't necessary to do all of that plugging and unplugging. I just wasn't leaving the modem unplugged long enough at first. I takes mine about one minute. But all I do is unplug the power to the modem and then replug it after a minute or so. It is working every single time to change the ip.
Old 07-05-2008

does hide my ip have tons of ips or what and can i change whenever in a click of a button i want one to get good gear on a wow private server by voteing and not actually having to do the 400 dollar donation and ya
Old 07-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokebackebay View Post
Itzabreeze - I have the same set up and was encountering the same issues. Don't pay any attention to the ip you find under the control panel thing. The IPBurger.com ip is the one you want to see changing. All it turned out I needed to do was to yank the cord on my modem, let it stay out for about a minute, then plug it back in. And, bingo, new ip as shown by IPBurger.com I'm also changing Windows users for each new account so the cookie monster can leave whatever cookies they need to leave to make 'em feel better, although Mozilla Firefox is clearing them out everytime I sign out.
Good luck!

I tryed unpluging it but no luck.
Old 11-05-2008

Longevity: 89%
Default Hey guys i need Help with changing IP Address?

I was wondering how i can change my IP address using a wireless Netgear Router with Comcast Cable Internet But everytime i unplug my modem and router for different amounts of time I test it with IP Burger and it always shows the same IP when i check my IP?? if anyone could help me i would really appreciate it thanks PS also i got a dynamic IP address
Old 11-06-2008

Longevity: 89%

The IP doesn't change mainly because of the service provider and the way they set it up. Even with the dynmaic ip you need to first have the assigned ip released and that you need to turn off the modem until some other people takes that ip. Otherwise it will get renewed again. Either change service providers (might still not work), use a dial-up (new ip when ever you login) or as others have mentioned programs that changes your ip.
Old 10-08-2009

Longevity: 84%

stop using hide your ip softwares , they are nothing but like proxy , ebay tracks your ip and when you have too many different ip , esp they are from different locations ,

same results!!!