How does ebay track the computer I use - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 11-28-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default How does ebay track the computer I use

I am an experienced stealth ebayer, so I fully understand how ebay tracking cookies, ip etc..

I just had an account "restricted" for 3 months because they found a link between me and an old account I had months ago.
She told me that their only link was because I was using the same computer today as this old account.

This may be true, but I have a new user account and a new ip address for the new account.

She referred to the link as a unique id that they read from my computer? This is new to me. Anyone have any ideas or solutions
The Following User Says Thank You to liimey For This Useful Post:
Wrouse (01-04-2018)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Cookies, flash cookies.

Nowhere in the post did you say you 'cleaned up cookies' B4 making a new user account.

To help us for future queries, always say what you are using to access ebay/paypal.

The more info we have, the better we can diagnosis your troubles.

I have a feeling it's been a simple thing that happened. Let's find out why to avoid for the future.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Wrouse (01-04-2018)
Old 11-28-2012

Longevity: 67%

Do you ever accidently login with ur old user? How u manage ur IP? Tell us details, we'll find out why restricted..

Quote:
Originally Posted by liimey View Post
I am an experienced stealth ebayer, so I fully understand how ebay tracking cookies, ip etc..

I just had an account "restricted" for 3 months because they found a link between me and an old account I had months ago.
She told me that their only link was because I was using the same computer today as this old account.

This may be true, but I have a new user account and a new ip address for the new account.

She referred to the link as a unique id that they read from my computer? This is new to me. Anyone have any ideas or solutions

Sent from my Lenovo S880
Old 11-29-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Hi GB,

Just a question,
If we create a new user account, do we still have to "cleaned up cookies (or flash cookies) b4 making a new user account"?

Based on aspkin ste@lth book, if we create a new user account, we DON'T have to "cleaned up cookies (or flash cookies) b4 making a new user account"

Please advise me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Cookies, flash cookies.

Nowhere in the post did you say you 'cleaned up cookies' B4 making a new user account.

To help us for future queries, always say what you are using to access ebay/paypal.

I have a feeling it's been a simple thing that happened. Let's find out why to avoid for the future.

Old 11-29-2012

Longevity: 66%

I have to agree with bpdoz

Aren't the files completely separated? - unless the OP mistakenly logged in with the wrong UA or IP there should have been no link, even if he did not clean up cookies

That was the whole point - to avoid cleaning cookies every time and just focus on your IP

I hope I'm going off in a complete tangent (and am very wrong) and that eBay has not implemented device fingerprinting techniques.

The only reason why I am even remotely considering it is because of the OP's wording - Unique ID.

OP try switching between your UA and check out this website:
IP check

Does your unique ID stay the same?
The Following User Says Thank You to grahms For This Useful Post:
Wrouse (01-04-2018)
Old 11-29-2012
Threadstarter  

I did not clean up the cookies as I was using a new user account and thought according to the Stealth Book that I had no need to do this
Old 11-29-2012
Threadstarter  

Default Cookies

I did not clean up the cookies as I was using a new user account and thought according to the Stealth Book that I had no need to do this

Quote:
Cookies, flash cookies.

Old 11-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

99% of the time that this happens it's down to user error i.e. not changing IP or logging in from the wrong user account or similar mistake.

No matter how careful you think you are being you will slip up every now and again, we all do but that is why we all have multiple stealth accounts
Old 12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by liimey View Post

Could it be they can read the Device name ie your computer name??

In vista Under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings, you can find your computer's name, and its full computer name if your computer is on a domain
Old 12-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio382 View Post
Could it be they can read the Device name ie your computer name??

In vista Under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings, you can find your computer's name, and its full computer name if your computer is on a domain
No evidence at this date to suggest this is happening with ebay/paypal.

Many of us are running stealth accounts but not getting suspended.

Old 12-05-2012

Quote:
No evidence at this date to suggest this is happening with ebay/paypal.

Many of us are running stealth accounts but not getting suspended.

what about skype acc's and if you load up with paypal theres history there?

I wouldnt trust skype and the acc details that may be shared with EB/PP

Dont for get PP is NOT a bank but a private company and they dont have strict rules like real banks,lol having said that we live in a world of central bank interventions and their shadow banking practices, thats another topic.

have you noticed that when there is a recession , crisis, the big companys get found out for all the past frauds, like MFGloball for example ect

cant rule out skype as well as PP and EB, like sharing info illegally or worse, who knows.
Old 12-05-2012
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via Skype™ to rama

They got you linked from a very simple way... windows register to name, computer name, and many more, the first 2 things Ebay check are computer register to name, and portion serial number
Old 12-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama View Post
They got you linked from a very simple way... windows register to name, computer name, and many more, the first 2 things Ebay check are computer register to name, and portion serial number
Um no they don't.
The Following User Says Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
slim jim (12-05-2012)
Old 12-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama View Post
Absolute rubbish.

There is no way e/b or p/p can see any of that information.
slim jim (12-05-2012)
Old 12-20-2017

Longevity: 36%
Default Re: How does ebay track the computer I use

Hi Guys, Can i use a new laptop , and create a new ebay account but use the same paypal account i was using with a ebay account which got suspended, and just change name, address, contact number, email on the paypal account, with a new ip do you think i will be ok?
Old 12-21-2017

why would you want to go through the headache

you can use a VM meaning no need to buy a new laptop. you can essentially have unlimited machines on the same laptop this way

but why not just setup a new PayPal aswell ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrleo123 For This Useful Post:
sameerachathuranga (05-13-2020), Wrouse (01-04-2018)
Old 12-21-2017

because i did not want to keep on opening new bank accounts as i believe you have to have a new bank account as well right?
Old 02-05-2021

Longevity: 39%

Some how today, eBay told me that "It looks like you have signed in from a different computer" message. I checked 3 of my 7 accounts and all got this same message. It was fine yesterday.

I have no idea how this could have happened as I have used this same laptop for years now. Windows 7 (no update) and separate log in.

I am worried that I might have lost 3 of my accounts now because I cannot seen to get around the security question (email or phone verification does now work) or asking me what was my first car or first pet.

Thoughts?